KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Terminator Vs Hulk

Hulk Or Terminator
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Model T-1000 6 23.08%
Hulk 19 73.08%
Stalemate 1 3.85%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Terminator Vs Hulk
Started by: Joshua1277

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

No, but the problem is, is it ok to assume they are the same (which they probably are)?

I mean someone with no comic knowledge wouldn't assume that it was.

I also said people were mixing it up because someone previously said Hulk could BFR someone into the sun, which movie version is no where near strong enough to do that.

Also, I don't think the movie version ever depicted that the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets.

I mean, if we can assume that Movie Hulk is capable of doing what comic Hulk can do (Matter Manip thunder clap, potentially unlimited strength/stamina, godly healing factor) , then theres no way Hulk could lose. But it just doesn't feel right to assume these things if the movies did not make a point to show the feats.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 05:02 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Clapping your hands together causes vibrations to flow out through the air, besides causing a 'gust of wind' affect. Just like stamping your feet on the ground causes vibrations to flow through the area.

Now if we're able to make a wineglass shatter using vibrations from an audio speaker, what could the Hulk do with a clap, ground-pound or foot-stomp once he reaches a heightened level of rage?

Yes thats IRL, but Blax was saying its more than that, associated with forms of matter manipulation.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 05:03 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Martin
T-1000 wins. Strength won't stop it. T-1000 can suffocate Hulk or go in his eyes, nose, bladder, ears, or any other body part that can be opened and **** up his insides.

The blades it can make aren't strong enough to withstand a shotgun blast, what is it going to do against a being who can take bullets, missiles, bombs and a nuke?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 05:04 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Placidity
Yes thats IRL, but Blax was saying its more than that, associated with forms of matter manipulation.

Vibrations do cause 'matter manipulation', it's the reason the wineglass breaks. It's molecules are forced to move and separate faster and farther than the glass can withstand, ergo it shatters.

edit: should be noted that the T-1000 being liquid-metal, would be exceptionally susceptible to vibrations, would it be enough to damage it? Don't know, but it is something the Hulk has over the T-1000, compared to the nothing the T-1000 has on the Hulk.

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 1st, 2009 at 05:11 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 05:06 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Well, you'd actually need the right frequency if you're talknig about the wine glass. The ones that Hulk does exerts force from just pressure waves.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 05:11 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Well, you'd actually need the right frequency if you're talknig about the wine glass. The ones that Hulk does exerts force from just pressure waves.

Right frequency or an over-abundance of it. I've seen videos of people with those super-highend sound systems installed in their rides that shatter beer bottles and car windows. You know, the rediculously loud/powerful ones.

edit: the point is, the Hulk has options, T-1000 has none and can only survive, not beat.

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 1st, 2009 at 05:16 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 05:14 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Right frequency or an over-abundance of it. I've seen videos of people with those super-highend sound systems installed in their rides that shatter beer bottles and car windows. You know, the rediculously loud/powerful ones.

Hmm... confused Maybe the music playing coincidently matched the bottle's resonance frequency?

edit: the point is, the Hulk has options, T-1000 has none and can only survive, not beat.

I agree, though if we allow some speculation, T-1000 does have a slight chance - he could cover the Hulk in liquid form/enter his lungs etc. But then again if we allow Hulk some speculative feats, he could be doing some ridiculous stuff as well.

From just movie feats alone, the real question is whether Hulk can beat a regenerative liquid. I for one, am skeptical.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 05:21 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why is the burden on Hulk?

Can a regenerative liquid beat Hulk? Why is that not the more pressing question?

If we're saying the T-1000 wouldn't lose cos he can keep coming back, that's faulty, because all that means is that Hulk is continually beating him, just not fatally. Fights don't need to end in death.

Also, I don't think the movie version ever depicted that the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets.

It's explicitly said in the first Hulk, by Betty.

"Don't attack him, you'll only fuel his rage and you'll make him stronger.".

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 05:35 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Why is the burden on Hulk?

Can a regenerative liquid beat Hulk? Why is that not the more pressing question?

If we're saying the T-1000 wouldn't lose cos he can keep coming back, that's faulty, because all that means is that Hulk is continually beating him, just not fatally. Fights don't need to end in death.

I've already stated that Terminator won't win. But if Hulk can't put him down for the count either, then its a draw.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

It's explicitly said in the first Hulk, by Betty.

"Don't attack him, you'll only fuel his rage and you'll make him stronger.".

-AC

k, my bad.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 05:42 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I agree, though if we allow some speculation, T-1000 does have a slight chance - he could cover the Hulk in liquid form/enter his lungs etc. But then again if we allow Hulk some speculative feats, he could be doing some ridiculous stuff as well.

Hulk tossing the thing into orbit and continually smashing it into mush isn't speculation, he clearly has the physical strength and endurance to do either.

The hand clap isn't speculation entirely either (just mostly), we saw the Hulk put out a jet fuel ( probably JP-8) fire with a hand clap, we're just applying physics here on what a hand-clap (vibrations) of that magnitude would do to a being of liquid mass.

Now, the T-1000 covering th Hulk and going into his body is pure speculation, as we didn't see anything close to that ability in the movie. Even so, to being who can withstand a gamma bomb (nuke), I doubt some liquid in the lungs is going to put him down. I could easily make a wild speculation that the Hulk sucks him up, digest it and them takes a really mean metallic dump.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 11:01 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Darth Martin
T-1000 wins. Strength won't stop it. T-1000 can suffocate Hulk or go in his eyes, nose, bladder, ears, or any other body part that can be opened and **** up his insides.

One of the features of the T-1000 is that he can camouflage himself (like he did with the checker tile floor in the hospital) and sneak attack Hulk. It would be a pretty good scene having the T-1000 doing sneek attacks.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 11:12 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
One of the features of the T-1000 is that he can camouflage himself (like he did with the checker tile floor in the hospital) and sneak attack Hulk. It would be a pretty good scene having the T-1000 doing sneek attacks.

You should really stop trolling. All you're doing is ignoring anything that doesn't fit your bias and rehashing the same failed points, over and over again.

Sure, the T-1000 can "sneak attack", what is it going to do with this attack though? Stab the Hulk and probably break whatever blade it made.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 11:15 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I could easily make a wild speculation that the Hulk sucks him up, digest it and them takes a really mean metallic dump.

Which raises an interesting question: are the e. coli in Hulk's intestine's as powerful and ornery as the rest of him? I don't see why not. cool

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 01:44 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Mindship
Which raises an interesting question: are the e. coli in Hulk's intestine's as powerful and ornery as the rest of him? I don't see why not. cool

Do you mean if they were mutated along with Banner and got Hulk powers?

Otherwise, no...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 02:49 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I seriously doubt The Hulk would eat the T-1000. He most likely will bite him and try to rip apart. Similar to when he fought the Humanoids in the cartoon from the 60s.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 04:10 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Do you mean if they were mutated along with Banner and got Hulk powers?
Something like that. I mean, why should all the cells in his body mutate but not the e. coli? Heck, could ordinary e. coli even survive inside Hulk bowels? As far as I know, only Hulk pants are immune to mutation.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 04:19 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

If the Hulk fails to kill the Terminator on the first attempt, the Terminator could just wait for him to become Banner and shoot him then.

Or alternatively wait for the Hulk/Banner to die of old age.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 05:15 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

hulk smashes him up and uses him as boxing gloves like in the recent movie laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 07:26 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's with citing sneak attacks?

Sneak attacks are useful if you only need a single blow to win, thus SNEAK attack and why they are useful.

What would this do to Hulk? He gets in an attack, then Hulk knows he's there, and now they fight. It's been for nothing.

What could the T-1000 actually do that hasn't been done to Hulk? This is all based on "Well...he's liquidy and therefore hard to destroy.". Yeah, so? So what? The task isn't "Survive Hulk" or "Be hard to kill." is it? It's beat Hulk.

How is he going to realistically beat Hulk?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 03:22 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

By having Skynet send the T-1000 wipe Banner out as a child...?

But other than that, I have no other suggestions.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:58 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote