KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who is the better strategist during combat???

Who is the better strategist during combat???
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Odekahn
I'm just saying.

I just don't see how what you said necessarily contradicts what i'm saying.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 08:07 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Originally posted by -Pr-
I just don't see how what you said necessarily contradicts what i'm saying.

I wasn't really trying to contradict what you said, as much as embellish on it a bit. Tactics to a strategy is like acts in a school play. They are the pieces that make up the whole, while team leading is an entirely separate issue imo.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 08:11 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Trackz
the multiple engagements were a montage of them doing exactly that, inspiring the armies to fight, unless you're thinking of another specific one that you'd like to bring up.

It wasn't a matter of simply inspiring the troops. It was his strategic planning and leadership that won battles on multiple fronts in face of hopeless odds and when the collective Galactic civilization proved to be utterly outmatched.

No offense, but the fact that you don't know this when it was highlighted (Literally entire issues revolved around the Avengers Army implementing Captain America's tactical strategy) makes me doubt you read the event. no expression

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 08:13 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I wasn't really trying to contradict what you said, as much as embellish on it a bit. Tactics to a strategy is like acts in a school play. They are the pieces that make up the whole, while team leading is an entirely separate issue imo.

Oh, I agree.

All I was saying was that they aren't identical, so someone being good at strategy doesn't automatically make them good at tactics. you can be good at both, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 08:23 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Not moreso than T'Challa who has been doing it since he's been a character. Moreover he led a country that has never been defeated in battle. Can't say the same for Utopia. Cyclops is good but he isn't nearly as smart as T'Challa and he used his fellow mutants as pawns. He's good for an immediate win, but after each battle you could see him losing his people.

And so has Cyclops. no expression

Wakanda has been defeated or devastated in battle before, just like Utopia. And Cyclops showed during the Utopia-era such as during Dark Reign how capable he was in using ingenuity and whatever resources available to repel ridiculous odds.

You go from discussing strategy to scientific intelligence to loyalty. Which one is it? When it comes to strategic planning, Priest's Panther was pretty crazy but so was Utopia era Cyclops. T'Challa is more intelligent then Cyclops but that's irrelevant to this discussion. Cyclops being able to manipulate so many distinct personalities and powers to his advantage is NOT a knock on his strategic thinking. And he isn't the royal King of Mutants, his people are under no obligation to follow him or anything of the sort, hence the Schism. Not that T'Challa is perfect, we recently saw his royal guard, those SWORN to him desert him for doing what was necessary with the Illuminati. Which is very much the problem Scott had. Except Wolverine and co. weren't raised from birth with the sworn duty of serving only Scott.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Dec 29th, 2013 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 08:24 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Re: Who is the better strategist during combat???

Captain America >= Batman >= Deathstroke >= Black Panther >= Spiderman

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 08:31 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Wow, Cyclops really is getting murdered in this thread.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 08:48 PM
Odekahn

Originally posted by -Pr-
Oh, I agree.

All I was saying was that they aren't identical, so someone being good at strategy doesn't automatically make them good at tactics. you can be good at both, though.

thumb up

However being good at tactics does go a long way in helping one be good at strategy imo. It's a much more relevant issue than one's team leading prowess in relation to the question this thread is asking.

If we were simply talking about the ability to lead teams, my list would vary greatly from what I've stated here.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 08:51 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thumb up

However being good at tactics does go a long way in helping one be good at strategy imo. It's a much more relevant issue than one's team leading prowess in relation to the question this thread is asking.

If we were simply talking about the ability to lead teams, my list would vary greatly from what I've stated here.

Agreed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 08:53 PM
ODG

the multiple engagements were a montage of them doing exactly that, inspiring the armies to fight, unless you're thinking of another specific one that you'd like to bring up.
Reread Infinity.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 10:06 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

People have no idea what a good leader is capable of. The best laid out strategies in the world are useless without a key leader to implement them.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 10:14 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Originally posted by Sin I AM
The best laid out strategies in the world are useless without a key leader to implement them.

This thread is asking who comes up with the best strategies, not who best implements them. Apples: Oranges.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 10:23 PM
Trackz

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
It wasn't a matter of simply inspiring the troops. It was his strategic planning and leadership that won battles on multiple fronts in face of hopeless odds and when the collective Galactic civilization proved to be utterly outmatched.

No offense, but the fact that you don't know this when it was highlighted (Literally entire issues revolved around the Avengers Army implementing Captain America's tactical strategy) makes me doubt you read the event. no expression

lets make this easy. what do you think captain america's plan in infinity was?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2013 05:11 AM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by ODG
Reread Infinity.
i suggest you do the same, cap's central plan was laid out in either issue 2 or 3 and everything follows from that. i suggest you read black panther, dr. doom, and the other characters captain america is being compared to strategically if you think this feat of his strategic planning puts him above them.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2013 05:13 AM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
And so has Cyclops. no expression

Wakanda has been defeated or devastated in battle before, just like Utopia. And Cyclops showed during the Utopia-era such as during Dark Reign how capable he was in using ingenuity and whatever resources available to repel ridiculous odds.

You go from discussing strategy to scientific intelligence to loyalty. Which one is it? When it comes to strategic planning, Priest's Panther was pretty crazy but so was Utopia era Cyclops. T'Challa is more intelligent then Cyclops but that's irrelevant to this discussion. Cyclops being able to manipulate so many distinct personalities and powers to his advantage is NOT a knock on his strategic thinking. And he isn't the royal King of Mutants, his people are under no obligation to follow him or anything of the sort, hence the Schism. Not that T'Challa is perfect, we recently saw his royal guard, those SWORN to him desert him for doing what was necessary with the Illuminati. Which is very much the problem Scott had. Except Wolverine and co. weren't raised from birth with the sworn duty of serving only Scott.

I haven't made any arguments against Cyclops.

When has Wakanda been devastated on panel? The only time Wakanda has arguably been defeated was when Namor had the power of the phoenix, and even then that sent Wakanda into war with Atlantis...which Wakanda won.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2013 05:15 AM
ODG

i suggest you do the same, cap's central plan was laid out in either issue 2 or 3 and everything follows from that. i suggest you read black panther, dr. doom, and the other characters captain america is being compared to strategically if you think this feat of his strategic planning puts him above them.
So you didn't reread Infinity.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 10th, 2014 08:07 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedX1852

Captain America
Batman
Deathstroke
Black Panther
Spider-man

Old Post Jan 10th, 2014 03:12 PM
RedX1852 is currently offline Click here to Send RedX1852 a Private Message Find more posts by RedX1852 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

To mention some off the list, Starlord is very good.

And for Crossgen, Obregon Kaine. Managed to convincingly be in charge as a normal human even in a party with a herald-level god who doesn't like him, based on the strength of his tactical abilities.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2014 05:13 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Why is Spiderman on this list?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2014 05:29 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Tony Stark
Why is Spiderman on this list?

Because he has many times beaten opponents that outclass him by strategical thinking. Sandman, Electro, etc.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 10th, 2014 06:27 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote