KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who is the better strategist during combat???

Who is the better strategist during combat???
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trackz
that's not what i asked. cap is in a leading position and he was responsible for giving the people hope when there was none, but i'm talking about strategic planning on his part. cap is one of the best leaders in marvel, as i've said before, due to his ability to inspire and the level of respect he commands.

It was his idea to use Thor against the Builders. His idea for the fleet battles. Gladiator, Annihilus et al gave him respect when the Spartoi were dismissive.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 01:00 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Lol @ questioning caps strategic skills

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 01:55 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It was his idea to use Thor against the Builders. His idea for the fleet battles. Gladiator, Annihilus et al gave him respect when the Spartoi were dismissive.

So your example of Captain America's strategic prowess is him sending in Thor to hit them?

The fleet battles were cunning, but Thor thought of that plan as well, and it's nothing on the level of Doom, T'Challa, Batman, or Cyclops.

Don't get me wrong, Cap is great, but the other guys are literally geniuses and have greater strategic victories. I'm by no means saying he's not great strategically, but look at how T'Challa handled the skrulls or doom, for more close combat scenarios look at how he handled silver surfer or Kasper Cole. That stuff exceeds steve's ability. Like i said before, there's a reason steve was kicked out of the illuminati.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 03:20 AM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

So your example of Captain America's strategic prowess is him sending in Thor to hit them?

The fleet battles were cunning, but Thor thought of that plan as well, and it's nothing on the level of Doom, T'Challa, Batman, or Cyclops.

Don't get me wrong, Cap is great, but the other guys are literally geniuses and have greater strategic victories. I'm by no means saying he's not great strategically, but look at how T'Challa handled the skrulls or doom, for more close combat scenarios look at how he handled silver surfer or Kasper Cole. That stuff exceeds steve's ability. Like i said before, there's a reason steve was kicked out of the illuminati.

How did he handle doom? Iirc he crippled his vibranium just so he'd leave wakanda alone. That's not strategy its desperation

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 03:35 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Odekahn
You are only thinking about a small part of combat strategy. Leading skill falls underneath that category. I'm looking at the entire picture.
No you aren't. erm

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 03:42 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

@ this thread: Strategy =/= tactics

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 03:47 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Originally posted by -Pr-
@ this thread: Strategy =/= tactics

Tactics are the overall pieces of any strategy.

tac·tics (tktks)
n.
a. (used with a sing. verb) The military science that deals with securing objectives set by strategy, especially the technique of deploying and directing troops, ships, and aircraft in effective maneuvers against an enemy: Tactics is a required course at all military academies

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Last edited by Odekahn on Dec 29th, 2013 at 04:09 AM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 04:07 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

tac·tics (tktks)
n.
a. (used with a sing. verb) The military science that deals with securing objectives set by strategy, especially the technique of deploying and directing troops, ships, and aircraft in effective maneuvers against an enemy: Tactics is a required course at all military academies

...And?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 04:19 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

that's not what i asked. cap is in a leading position and he was responsible for giving the people hope when there was none, but i'm talking about strategic planning on his part. cap is one of the best leaders in marvel, as i've said before, due to his ability to inspire and the level of respect he commands.
Originally posted by ODG
Because half of Infinity didn't have Cap leading the Galactic Council to victory over the Builders in multiple engagements... ?

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 05:07 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Why not send Hulk? Hyperion? Both with arguably greater durability and striking power. No, he sent a god (which played on the Builders ego) who possessed a boomerang weapon. He didn't just send a tank.

As for BP/ Doom, his entire army plus help from FF etc failed, his last gasp measure was the Panther God.....who agreed with Doom.

Destroying the Vibranium was desperation IMHO.

Steve was kicked out for having morals.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 09:43 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Why not send Hulk? Hyperion? Both with arguably greater durability and striking power. No, he sent a god (which played on the Builders ego) who possessed a boomerang weapon. He didn't just send a tank.

As for BP/ Doom, his entire army plus help from FF etc failed, his last gasp measure was the Panther God.....who agreed with Doom.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 09:59 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

tac·tics (tktks)
n.

Lol nice to see someone can copy and paste around here

What I said

And I luv how tracks is using bp armbar of norrin as if the feat holds any merit

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 03:37 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Sin I AM

What I said

Me saying it makes it official canon.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 05:06 PM
Trackz

What I said

And I luv how tracks is using bp armbar of norrin as if the feat holds any merit

so i'm assuming you don't read black panther if you're assuming i'm talking about the armbar.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 05:24 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

There's nothing wrong with Captain America as a tactician, but his feats don't stack up to the likes of Cyclops, T'Challa, Doom, Pete Wisdom, and others.

How can you give Captain America the benefit of using super humans for his plans and not give T'Challa that same?

Moreover, Doomwar was an example of two of Marvel's best strategists going at each other. It is a feat for both T'Challa and Doom in their adaptive ability. They managed to take out Dr. Doom entire network as well as render him powerless by destroying the Vibranium. This is, mind you, all adaptive planning in order to defeat Doom who had set his plan in motion months ago, while T'Challa was in a coma. Doom had the head start and was unable to defeat Wakanda. T'Challa didn't destroy all the vibranium either way, as they still recovered a large enough supply to sustain Wakanda's economy and the country was up and running again within months.

Captain America was kicked out because he was unwilling to consider every option his stubborn attitude mostly would have crippled the organization. They all have morals, they just realized that the event in question required necessary evil. They gave Captain America the respect he deserved and tried out his plan first which failed, it was T'Challa and Reed that built the device that ending up saving the earth multiple times.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 05:34 PM
Trackz

Originally posted by ODG
This isn't a response. Yes Captain America is the leader of the Avengers, and has led them for years. His main strategy was to have Thor kill the enemy in order to inspire the people to fight. It worked, but that is not a strategic feat worth bringing up in this thread especially when he's being compared to Batman, Doom, Panther, and others.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 05:36 PM
ODG

Originally posted by ODG
Because half of Infinity didn't have Cap leading the Galactic Council to victory over the Builders in multiple engagements... ?

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 06:09 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Originally posted by -Pr-
...And?

I'm just saying.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 06:42 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Lol Anyone who can't copy and paste shouldn't be using a computer stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 06:44 PM
Trackz

Originally posted by ODG
the multiple engagements were a montage of them doing exactly that, inspiring the armies to fight, unless you're thinking of another specific one that you'd like to bring up.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 06:48 PM