KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Master Chief w/ Plasma Sword runs Gauntlet

Master Chief w/ Plasma Sword runs Gauntlet
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Colossus' durability must > Thanos' and Onslaught's, then, as Wolvie managed to cut both of them.

'cept, he's done it. Multiple times. He's also knocked Surfer a good one, sent Terrax flying, had Surfer amp himself to fight him....

Hell, the ONLy not good showing Thing has against anyone with the Power Cosmic is Air-Walker.

Glad's power varies on his confidence. Could very well have been weaker when he fought Colossus.

Thing has foguth:
Hercules on multiple occassions
Thor on multiple occassions
Wonder-man on multiple occassions
The Hulk on multiple occassions
Wrecker at full power on multiple occassions

The fact that you think Wolverine being able to stab Thanos is okay is just beyond me.

Of course. Since I said Gladiator HE MUST be weak against Colossus. roll eyes (sarcastic) Well I say he was weak when he was fighting Thing. And he still thrashed Ben.

Fine, you want another one? Sasquatch. And this is when Colossus was still a teen (wasn't nearly as strong as he is now). Sassy was stronger than Piotr at the time, and Colossus still held his own and basically stalemated him.

I seem to recall Sasquatch basically toying with/REALLY holding back against Thing and still owning him...

And, like I've already said to you before, it'd be great if Colossus was a permanent member of a four-person team, too. Then I'd have much, much more evidence for you. You can't deny that the sheer fact of the matter is that Thing just has a MUCH higher amount of showings than Colossus. If the Fantastic Four was composed of an always-changing roster, I'm sure our roles would be reversed right now.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 09:12 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by bigbran
Ya, I use that one to showcase a stupid post...

What if we leave Colossus out, for now, and see how far he would get minus Colossus?

If we take Colossus out? Then he still doesn't get past the Hulk. Hulk's healing factor is too much for even a plasma sword.

Then of course, there's Hulk's strength to deal with.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 09:13 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Board Walker
Why can John not knock Collosus out? He fights with Elites which are for sure class 100+. He fights them in hand to hand, he uses his strength, with his superior speed, reflexes, and combat skills to defeat multiples of them at once (he did this with no shields, as his armor was dammaged)

Okay. It's clear to me now. We're reading two VERY different series of books here apparently. no expression

Elites are NOT class 100. Please don't turn into a videogame fanboy on us now. sad

John could NOT knock out Colossus.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 09:14 AM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Soljer
Colossus' Strength > Thing's Strength >>> MasterChief's.

Colossus' Durability > Thing's Durability >>> Masterchief's.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. thumb up

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 09:15 AM
golem370

He makes it to Colossus where he can't hurt or put down Colossus

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 02:43 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

Originally posted by Board Walker
Uh no, out of the entire squad, 2-3 died.

I said that some of them died. I was giving an example of how one of the surviving Spartans survived due to the deceleration from crashing through a tree, I was not stating that he was the only one to survive. You're making it sound like they landed on Reach as a tissue falls from my hand, which is not the case. The remaining Spartans that survived all sustained injury from the fall. As I stated before, Spartan's are like smaller versions of Elementals from Battletech, except with slightly faster reflexes and energy shields. Their strength and agility are at believable levels for genetically and cybernetically enhanced beings with powered armor. They are not superpowered 100+ ton demigods. To believe that is to ignore other points in the book, such as:

1. If Elites are so damn powerful, then how come the normal marines are still able to kill them?

2. Why should MC be worried about the human-type flood? Does the flood infection alter normal human structure into 100+ ton zombie things with long fingers? It makes me wonder, how strong are the little infection guys that crawl around?

3. With that amount of strength coupled with his reflexes, wouldn't MC be able to run faster or jump higher than he already does (100 tons worth of kinetic force behind his movements and all)?

4. Why would he even need guns with that amount of strength? He could just run into a fray and rip everything apart (and as someone mentioned previously, many of these 100+ monstrousities can be taken down with conventional firearms)

That's all I'm gonna do for now cuz I have classes

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 04:08 PM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassadar
Executor

Originally posted by Soljer
Meh, judging by the game, a single shotgun blast at point blank takes him out.

So...

He stops at the Punisher.

ESPECIALLY considering that he has the sword. Everyone knows that the shotgun is perfect against a sword-spammer.

1) Punisher doesn't have the reflexes.
2) Halo shotguns >>>>> Real shotguns>>>>>>>>>>Comic shotguns.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 08:59 PM
Tassadar is currently offline Click here to Send Tassadar a Private Message Find more posts by Tassadar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Who is this person?? I think he makes it to the Hulk. He then gets his ass taken out.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 28th, 2007 12:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Okay. It's clear to me now. We're reading two VERY different series of books here apparently. no expression

Elites are NOT class 100. Please don't turn into a videogame fanboy on us now. sad

John could NOT knock out Colossus.

lol im reading the same books (as their iso only one series stick out tongue)

Anyway I think they would be class 100+

Think about it, the book highly details that when John came, they amped him as a child, then when he grew, they further amped him, modified his physiology and bone structure. Then they describe how the first Mjolnir suit doubled his already highly amped strength.

It described that without the suit he was able to bend metal girders (how do you spell them? And punch through Steel) Then with the suit it doubled his strength, speed, etc.

As the Mjolnir improved (now on MK VII is it?) it further enhanced his stats each fold.

His speed, reaction speed, combat skills, tactics, intelligence, etc. Is very high up there.

The reason I said Elites > class 100+ is because if John is class 100, then elites must be more as they were stated to be physicaly stronger.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2007 01:00 AM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

too bad none of them are class 100

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 02:28 AM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote