KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Ahsoka (2023)

Ahsoka (2023)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As expected, Lars was fantastic as Thrawn. Wasn't a fan of his look, but that's a small gripe in the scheme of things.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
How does Baylon's motivation make sense? He wants to stop war, so he wants Thrawn to...wage war?
Baylan doesn't care about Thrawn's agenda. He has his own personal motivations in mind.

...Though it obviously won't pan out for him in the end. The path to 'ultimate power' seldom does in SW.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2023 01:12 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I wonder how Skoll survived to be alive at this point in the timeline? Apparently Thrawn knew of him and the fact that he didn't change his name all while working as a Mercenary doesn't imply he was hiding to hard.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2023 01:38 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Galan007
As expected, Lars was fantastic as Thrawn. Wasn't a fan of his look, but that's a small gripe in the scheme of things.

Yup.

He somewhat looked like Elon Musk and somewhat like a younger Ciarán Hinds.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2023 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

The episode was good, but Sabine is honestly a shit character at this point. All of her scenes fall laughably flat. I got absolutely nothing from the Ezra reveal either.

Thrawn stole the show as most of us thought he would. And clearly his "Night Troopers" have all been resurrected as zombie things by the Nightsisters (I think that's what they were teasing with Marrok's death.) Also curious why Thrawn never made an effort to kill Ezra, given that he clearly knew his whereabouts the entire time?

I still maintain that Baylan is easily the best new character we've gotten in canon. It's a real shame that we'll only get one season with him. sad

Old Post Sep 24th, 2023 03:28 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

If Baylon survives season 1(which I doubt he will)do you think Disney would recast or just write him out of the story? Personally I like the character and hope they would recast being he's not as iconic as Leia.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2023 09:39 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Anakin literally disarmed her lmao

It kind of reflected her fight with Maul at the Siege of Mandalore (which they referenced), where she also gets disarmed but last second snatches her opponents Saber.

Originally posted by Galan007
Wasn't a fan of his look,

You mean how they didnt hide his belly !

Old Post Sep 24th, 2023 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

I wonder what’s calling to Baylan…

Old Post Sep 24th, 2023 11:22 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
I wonder what’s calling to Baylan…
Probably someone to tell him about his ships extended warranty.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2023 11:49 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by juggernaut74
If Baylon survives season 1(which I doubt he will)do you think Disney would recast or just write him out of the story? Personally I like the character and hope they would recast being he's not as iconic as Leia.
Personally, I hope they just give him a proper death this season. Ray has just done such an epic job with Baylan's character, and I would prefer for that to not be potentially cheapened by a recast.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
You mean how they didnt hide his belly !
Nah, I don't mind dad-bod Thrawn. The Nightsisters might have just conjured a few cheeseburgers for him over the years, and I'm fine with that. It was more the blue skin CGI -- something about it just seemed off to me. He looks like if Elon Musk were a frost giant.

But again, that's a small gripe in the scheme of things. Lars is perfect for the role.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2023 12:45 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by juggernaut74

If he doesn't die by ep 8, I hope they recast, good character to just let die off screen.

Gerard Butler and Clancy Brown would be decent recast picks. Joe Manganiello and Kevin Durand have even more imposing statures, but acting skills are lesser.

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 25th, 2023 at 04:25 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2023 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by Robtard
If he doesn't die by ep 8, I hope they recast, good character to just let die off screen.

Gerard Butler and Clancy Brown would be decent recast picks. Joe Manganiello and Kevin Durand have even more imposing statures, but acting skills are lesser.
Clancy is already playing a character in the Ahsoka show (the Governor of Lothal, think he was in the first episode.) So it can't be him.

I do think Gerard Butler could be a really good alternative actually. But I don't see Baylan's character surviving this season, so there shouldn't be a need for a recast anyway.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2023 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

how many chances are there that Shin Hati joins the good guys team?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2023 07:14 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Chances are pretty good, I think.

Shin already seems pretty skeptical of Morgan and Thrawn. So if and when they betray and kill her master, I'd imagine that Shin will ally with Ahsoka's band.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2023 07:35 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Yeah, and I can see Ahsoka starting a parallel new "Jedi" Order (or light-side aligned in general) in this galaxy which will thus not be involved with Luke's failed Jedi Order. This way you can have characters like Grogu, Cal kestis, Gungi etc alive post-sequels and come back whenever they want

Old Post Sep 26th, 2023 12:07 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

She did think of herself as a Jedi when Baylon called Ezra a Bokken Jedi.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2023 05:37 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Sheev
Clancy is already playing a character in the Ahsoka show (the Governor of Lothal, think he was in the first episode.) So it can't be him.

I do think Gerard Butler could be a really good alternative actually. But I don't see Baylan's character surviving this season, so there shouldn't be a need for a recast anyway.

Ah, had forgot. Damn.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2023 06:13 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Can we rule out Night Troopers being zombies now?

Not that I really thought that anyway.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2023 01:45 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Good ep, didn't expect Ahsoka vs Baylan to happen so soon again. Ezra also did good vs Shin while not even harmed but then he was knocked out against the wall like that lmao... Well I suppose he didn't have the chance to get much stronger during his exile.

I'm also interested in seeing what Skoll is up to now, didn't expect him to outright leave the emperials and Shin to pursue his goal

Old Post Sep 27th, 2023 11:16 AM
ares834

Newest episode was utter shite. Filoni can't create tension even if his life depended on it.

Unless the season finale somehow turns this season completely around (very little chance of that) this is yet another SW disappointment. Slightly better than Mando season 3, but nowhere near as good as Mando season 1 or 2. And it doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Andor.

Last edited by ares834 on Sep 28th, 2023 at 01:40 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2023 01:37 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I wasn't a fan.

Sabine and Ezra just aren't very compelling characters at all. Like, I literally just couldn't give a shit about either of them. Hell, even Ahsoka herself hasn't been that great, imo.

The best bits were Thrawn doing his tactician thing, but that was about it for me.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2023 11:45 PM