KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Love

Love
Started by: baktash

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

pessimist, not realist

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 06:19 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I'm just a pragmatist - you optimist! stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 06:22 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paxelius
bearer of the blue hat

I'm a romantic

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 06:23 PM
Paxelius is currently offline Click here to Send Paxelius a Private Message Find more posts by Paxelius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paxelius
bearer of the blue hat

You misunderstand Phoenix, it's not about looks at all - love is a special tender feel you get from someone. Love is many things..

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 06:27 PM
Paxelius is currently offline Click here to Send Paxelius a Private Message Find more posts by Paxelius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I'm not arguing that that is what love is. But how can you possibly get that from one look at someone? Seeing IS looks - how can you love someone from one look?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 06:30 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paxelius
bearer of the blue hat

I don't know, love works in mysterious ways. It's apparantly more than a mere look as you say, it's a feeling a connection.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 06:42 PM
Papaumau
Man of the world

Love at first sight is not just about looks ! ( Although looks ARE important ).

It can be about chemistry !

Attraction is the first step towards love and I think that most people have felt the attraction of one person to another across a crowded room.

If that chemical attraction is reciprocal then nothing is going to stop these two people from making physical contact.

At this point it can go one of two ways...

1). It can just result in a fantastic one-night-stand.

OR....

2). It can result in a long-term relationship blossoming into real and all-consuming love.

Click my sig'-pic' to go to my forum
and attached consumer website

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 12:05 PM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle
You really think so? I don't know if love is as 'magical' as some people say it is, but I don't think I'd put it down to mating instinct. I mean, you can 'mate' with someone without feeling any love for them.

yup... I really think so... and yes, I agree, mating without love is possible, but the "act" of falling in love is simply a signal from nature that that person would make a suitable co-parent for your child.... its not always correct, but that could be because it is our nature as humans to try to divorce ourselves from nature, and we then get confused about a lotof things... for instance that "love" between humans is any different to adult wolves protecting their cubs.... It isn't....

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 10:36 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Love is a sham created by hallmark in order to sell more Valentine Day cards.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 11:57 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix
Because I'm a realist. I'm not pretty. Whats the point in pretending i am? I'll only get peoples hopes up! stick out tongue

I bet, though, that you do look quite lovely...I don't think that I'm very pretty, but people always tell me that I am. We tend to judge ourselves harder than we should.

I don't necessarily believe in love at first sight...but do I believe in love? Of course.

(I'm a hopeless romantic, what do you want? stick out tongue)

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 04:55 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

quote:
Originally posted by big gay kirk
yup... I really think so... and yes, I agree, mating without love is possible, but the "act" of falling in love is simply a signal from nature that that person would make a suitable co-parent for your child.... its not always correct, but that could be because it is our nature as humans to try to divorce ourselves from nature, and we then get confused about a lotof things... for instance that "love" between humans is any different to adult wolves protecting their cubs.... It isn't....

Meh, I see what you mean. I know we humans tend to forget that we are still essentially animals. Although we are slightly more complex than most animals, we sometimes make ourselves out to be even more complex than we really are. Perhaps the connection between the wolf and her cubs and two people falling in love is one and the same. I've never fallen in love so I can't really comment with any certainty. In the end love is an idea and feeling unique to every person. It may be one of those things in life that you can't fully understand until you've experienced it.

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 08:15 AM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

ok then may i ask in this thread what do you guys find the difference between "love" and being "in love"?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2004 12:18 AM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
What is love?
a word that are used to make sappy songs

Old Post Sep 6th, 2004 09:29 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by m!$hA
ok then may i ask in this thread what do you guys find the difference between "love" and being "in love"?

QUOTE >> "To be in love is to be blind. To love is to see." << QUOTE

Old Post Sep 6th, 2004 06:03 PM
big gay kirk

as I say... love=herd protection instinct... being in love=mating signal... simple really... nothing special... its just a trick of our nervous systems that makes us think it is....

Old Post Sep 6th, 2004 09:29 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Love is when you care about someone one so much you are willing to help them how ever you can.. as long as its in their best interest
and you are always trying to be there for them and help them out
And you are never mean(well maybe sometimes, but you always feel bad and end up making them feel better) and protect them if you can
That is what real love is to me
Most ppl just use the word love to much.. I know i do .. i say i love chocolate and so on .. but really love is much stronger and meanful than that

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 02:00 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
Love is when you care about someone one so much you are willing to help them how ever you can.. as long as its in their best interest
and you are always trying to be there for them and help them out
And you are never mean(well maybe sometimes, but you always feel bad and end up making them feel better) and protect them if you can
That is what real love is to me
Most ppl just use the word love to much.. I know i do .. i say i love chocolate and so on .. but really love is much stronger and meanful than that

smile Wow awesome answer.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 04:21 AM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf

That's not necessarily true. I think it's just that there should be more words for "love"... Some obscure language I heard about has a bunch of different words for love like that--the love of a father for his son, the love of a husband for his wife, the love of a boy for his chocolate... stick out tongue

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 04:25 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papaumau
Man of the world

In the movies...They say..."I love you but I am not IN love with you"

As this definition seems to change everytime it is said I was wondering what was the difference between "loving" someone and being "in love" with someone ?

Click my sig'-pic' to go to my forum
and attached consumer website

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 01:21 PM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

quote:
Originally posted by Papaumau
In the movies...They say..."I love you but I am not IN love with you"

As this definition seems to change everytime it is said I was wondering what was the difference between "loving" someone and being "in love" with someone ?

can you read darling???? roll eyes (sarcastic)
quote:
Originally posted by m!$hA

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 01:26 PM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote