KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What if Snoke is more powerful then Legends Palpatine in continuity?

What if Snoke is more powerful then Legends Palpatine in continuity?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

What if Snoke is more powerful then Legends Palpatine in continuity?

As the title says.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2016 02:38 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So? But that might be doubtful, unless they decide to go off the walls.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Aug 3rd, 2016 at 04:00 PM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2016 03:49 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

How would we be able to evaluate who's stronger? What are the criteria?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2016 05:38 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: What if Snoke is more powerful then Legends Palpatine in continuity?

Yes, what if?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2016 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
How would we be able to evaluate who's stronger? What are the criteria?

Bench Press. Deadlift. Squat.

Winner take all. Two will enter. One will leave.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 01:47 AM
Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I'm just saying, like, if they start making all the quotes that Palpatine had, or say some things like "Soon after, Snoke surpassed Palpatine in all ways".

Or "Snoke then became the most powerful Sith Lord in Galactic History, surpassing even The Emperor."

Would you feel weird about it?

Or would it be expected?...

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

It'd be weird sure given that Legends had Palp had the biggest bad, but I wouldn't be against it given this is the new Canon. Meaning entirely new abilities, power gauges and so forth.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I will be here when that day comes. Palpatine fans are biding their time.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 10:29 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I doubt Snoke has even surpassed Vader.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2016 08:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

laughing out loud

Canon Luke made Vader look pathetic in direct comparison. Doubt all you want, kid.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2016 12:20 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Tbfh.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 12:50 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Yeah, I agree with this, seeing as Kylo's main fear is to not become as strong as Vader.

As for Palpatine, he is still being treated as the overall greatest big bad, just as in Legends. However, anything is possible, but there'd need to be a very good explanation as to why Snoke suddenly decided to make himself relevant when the Empire lost it's grip on the galaxy. It be more understandable had Snoke come from the shadows with his own empire as opposed to a small faction of Palpatine's leftovers, and a small group of warriors including an apprentice who idolizes and worships Vader as a god, who in turn happens to be the guy who couldn't even stand before Sheev's presence without bowing. So far, Kylo isn't even as subservient to Snoke as Vader was to the Emperor. Palpatine is just depicted as being far more exalting to a galaxy spanning empire than Snoke is to the left overs of it.

To Snoke's credit, though, he did have a much greater super weapon at his disposal, and is trying to rebuild the empire, improving on the weaknesses of the original GE, but is still nonetheless the ruler of it's leftovers. What I'm getting at with saying that, is Snoke is obviously someone who was a high ranking official, who had a deep understanding of the inner workings of the GE, another underlying of Palpatine's who I doubt was a more powerful force user that Palpatine let live. If he's not this Gallius guy who I keep hearing about via youtube, then wouldn't it diminish Snokes own standing in a way? Considering that, from my understanding, is the string puller responsible for the rise of The First Order? (that one's a serious question)

But, being in a primitive era of force users, Snoke will rank very highly, no doubt. Palpatine, on the other hand, was the top dog (along with Yoda) of an era ripe with powerful force users.

IDK, but that's my reason why I don't think Snoke is going to be as powerful as Sidious or even Vader, without it making any sense.

Last edited by Dominis on Aug 15th, 2016 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Snoke's likely going to come off as Junior Varsity.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 06:16 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Jmanghan

Or would it be expected?...

Frankly yes. In any kind of action-focused series the opposition SHOULD get increasingly more powerful and dangerous. It allows our heroes to continue to be challenged even as they gain skill, experience and wisdom.

As much as I love the "Legends" EU it did bother me somewhat how people seemed to think "no-one's allowed to be a worse villain than the Emperor because he was in the movies." That never made any sense to me.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2016 12:20 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

That accolade wouldn't matter as Legends Palpatine isn't canon. To definitvely surpass Legends Palpatine he'd need to do something absolutely insane, like blow up a moon or something.

Oh, and...that didn't happen haha.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 11:57 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Spot ****ing on Thor laughing

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote