KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Official "Rogue One" Countdown Thread

Official "Rogue One" Countdown Thread
Started by: NewLanceWindu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Yes. Watch it.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 10:39 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
So... I haven't seen it yet, is it any good?

I was underwhelmed... There's good stuff in it, but if it wasn't Star Wars, I doubt it'd get such positive reviews.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 03:54 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The nostalgia factor remains strong. I'm interested to see if they'll start moving away from that.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 05:04 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I've heard the new characters are kinda bland and unmemorable, and the only parts that stick with you are the iconic imagery from the originals--AT-ATs, stormtroopers, death star, Vader, Star Destroyers, TIE fighters etc. The main cast themselves are meh bleh?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 09:48 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup, that kinda sums it up. Story is meh, characters are meh, emotion is meh, action is great.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 09:51 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The quickie Plinkett review just came out. There's no real spoilers, and he describes all the humour and action in the film as "icing on the cake", but with the key elements of story, character, and emotion being entirely missing as the cake itself:

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 10:02 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Just saw this flick and yeah.....I agree with Plinkett. Lottsa Sugary Fluff that will only rot your teeth. That and all the Space Planet Hopping will probably give you the runs.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 10:51 PM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I've heard the new characters are kinda bland and unmemorable, and the only parts that stick with you are the iconic imagery from the originals--AT-ATs, stormtroopers, death star, Vader, Star Destroyers, TIE fighters etc. The main cast themselves are meh bleh?

Not really. They're just not as "charming" and "lovable" as the TFA characters. But that doesn't make them bland. It's a very dark and gritty film.

But I've seen the movie 3 times now, and have found myself becoming a big fan of all the new Rebels. I will be buying their toys.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2016 10:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Not really. They're just not as "charming" and "lovable" as the TFA characters. But that doesn't make them bland. It's a very dark and gritty film.

But I've seen the movie 3 times now, and have found myself becoming a big fan of all the new Rebels. I will be buying their toys.

Yeah No. This movie was not GRITTY! I will say that it was Dark, but not in an emotional sense but it was Very Dark in a Visual Sense as in it was kind of hard to see anything in some parts.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2016 06:27 PM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The quickie Plinkett review just came out. There's no real spoilers, and he describes all the humour and action in the film as "icing on the cake", but with the key elements of story, character, and emotion being entirely missing as the cake itself:

I agree wholeheartedly with them.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2016 08:41 AM
coolmovies

Rogue One's editors reveal the scenes added in the Star Wars standalone reshoots (exclusive)

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/rogue-o...-110124381.html

Old Post Jan 5th, 2017 01:21 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

New ‘Rogue One’ Photos Reveal New Scenes That Didn’t Make the Cut & More

http://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-d...-scene-images/

Old Post Jan 5th, 2017 02:14 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

film got a chance to speak with gareth edwards at the sxsw fest in austin, texas, where he was a special guest.

From /film:

/film: can you talk about the original ending? We know there were reshoots, but i’d like know what wasn’t working and what you actually set out to change.

gareth edwards: i think the main thing that changed at the end…what used to happen, and you can get a sense of this in the early trailers, the transmission tower for the plans was separate from the main base on scarif. To transmit the plans, they had to escape and run along the beach and go up the tower. In cutting the film, it just felt too long. We had to find ways to compress the third act, which was quite long as it was. And one real, fast, brutal solution was to put the tower in the base, so they don’t have to run across the beach and do all of that stuff to get there. That became a decision that eliminated the shots you see in the trailer of the back of cassian and jyn and the at-ats. That was some of the reinvention that happened. It was all to do with compression.

As cool as many things are, and they really are, you can’t outstay your welcome. We’ve all done it. We’ve all sat in a movie and even if you love a film, there’s that moment where you want to look at your watch, or you feel like “okay, i hope it ends soon.” you don’t want the audience thinking that. You don’t want them to lag. If you feel that when you watch something back, you need to find a way to tighten it somewhere. That was a big win for a compression.

http://www.slashfilm.com/gareth-edwa...ue-one-ending/

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 01:26 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i suspect R1 a decent movie before it was 'fixed'.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 02:24 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Fanboys think it's perfect and what Star Wars needs aka Darth Thor.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 11:46 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i suspect R1 a decent movie before it was 'fixed'.

From what Edwards is saying... it wasn't. A third act that was too long.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 04:54 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

oh ffs. as it was, i had to fight sleep for the last half of the film.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 05:10 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I fought sleep throughout the whole movie, except for the Vader scenes which opened my eyes. Yes, I was hoping it would just end cause of all the action at the end of the movie.

This is one Star Wars movie I will not own. I might have to force myself to watch it on Netflix but not looking forward to it

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 02:02 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
oh ffs. as it was, i had to fight sleep for the last half of the film.

So there you have it, the good news is: it could have been worse. wink

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 07:44 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by queeq
So there you have it, the good news is: it could have been worse. wink

hooray

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 08:32 PM