KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Scaner

Scaner
Started by: finti

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

Scaner

I`m now the proud owner of a Canon Canoscan N 65OU. Im but a learner though and I was wondering if any of the software that follows the scaner can let me construct own pictures. With this I mean I have downloaded loads of SW pic, can I reconstruct pictures or is it only personal scan pictures I can mess around with. My program is called ArcSoft PhotoStudio 2000.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2001 02:01 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You can probably do some photo editing things with it, but don't expect any high brow stuff. Just some basic cutting and pasting, colour and size adjustments and stuff.

But now that you have a scanner, time to put up a pic of you and Live.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2001 02:05 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I know Dim favours Photoshop6, which I've have only just gotten a hold of. I use something called Picture Publisher 8 from a company call MicroGrafx.

Not familiar with the package you refer to, but if it came with the scanner it's probably a Lite of LE version so won't have all the features active.

I think Photoshop is supposed to be the best, but Dim would know more than most as it's her business after all.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2001 02:09 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I've been working with Photoshop ever since Photoshop 2.0, not as good and professional as Dimmy, but I have not seen the likes of it yet. But it's very expensive, luckily I can always get my boss to buy the new version which I can use whenever I want. And when I need tips, I'll ask Dimmy. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 1st, 2001 02:15 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I just got a copy the other day, only just installed it. I got so use to Picture Publisherm having used it since Version 4.0 that I'm having a hard time moving over to Photoshop. I will persevere though...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2001 02:20 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But please do. Photoshop is excellent. I have 5.0 at home (still have to install 6.0) and 6.0 at the office, but my computer is a tad too slow for 6.0. I'll get a faster one soon, though.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2001 02:22 PM
Ratcat

Buy it? Oh my, that's a laugh... laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 1st, 2001 08:12 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

What other way is there RC? (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 1st, 2001 11:38 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes, RC, do tell. You're not involved in any illegal activities, now are you?

*starts phoning Adobe police squad*

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2001 12:49 AM
Ratcat

I'm a great believer in try before you buy. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2001 04:04 AM
finti

What is considered expensive,( remeber I live in Norway and in the dictonary there is a map of norway beside the word expensive.) big grin

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2001 04:59 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

oh, my, RC, can I borrow your copy to test it out, too? confused evil face eek! smokin'

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2001 02:08 PM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Hmmmm, now let's see.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2001 02:30 PM
finti

well if you actually want photos yo got it, but I need someone to mail them too.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2001 11:12 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

You could just upload them onto homestead or Geocities yourself. It's easy enough!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2001 12:40 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

or you could email it to me and I'll host it.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2001 12:48 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Raz is the hosting king.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2001 01:40 AM
Dim
Creativity

laughing out loud Seems to be doesn't he?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2001 07:57 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I hope he never looses track of where everything is...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2001 01:02 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

That might be hard, as everything is stored in one folder.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2001 07:39 PM