KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Councilor Hamann...

Councilor Hamann...
Started by: maul's woman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
maul's woman

Worried Councilor Hamann...

He doesn't sleep too much. He seems to be intuned with Neo and what is going on with him.

What do you think Council Hamann (Anthony Zerbe) is really all about? Do you think he's working for the A.I. or the Agents? Yes or no?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 05:01 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 05:27 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

That was short. big grin

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 05:43 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trilight

No.
But I do think he knows more than what he has said about the truth of the Matrix.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 05:52 PM
trilight is currently offline Click here to Send trilight a Private Message Find more posts by trilight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hatemachine

I think that Hamann is working for the AI, more closely than I can explain now. I think that he is down with the machines more than he lets on and may have been instrumental in designing at least one version of the matrix. I also think that he may be the architect.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 05:52 PM
hatemachine is currently offline Click here to Send hatemachine a Private Message Find more posts by hatemachine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, I think he is who he says he is. I think the film is complex enough without needing a twist like that.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 05:53 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
systematicevil
kid tested, mom approved

But the architect was a program, if he wasnt then Neo would have noticed

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 05:53 PM
systematicevil is currently offline Click here to Send systematicevil a Private Message Find more posts by systematicevil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hatemachine

its not really a twist. he hints at wanting to live in cooperation with the machines, while talking to NEO in the engineering level. There is more to this guy than is obvious right now.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 05:56 PM
hatemachine is currently offline Click here to Send hatemachine a Private Message Find more posts by hatemachine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hatemachine

he may have noticed. he never said either way. that too would make the prophacy bullshit

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 05:58 PM
systematicevil
kid tested, mom approved

i doubt it. I agree with ushgarak i think that you are reading to much into it.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 05:59 PM
systematicevil is currently offline Click here to Send systematicevil a Private Message Find more posts by systematicevil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, he was only making a point about how humans still need machines and also gently mocking Neo for his belief that control is simply the power to destroy. And finally reminding Neo that you do not need to know WHY to do what needs to be done.

I don;t think there is anything more to it than that.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 06:00 PM
maul's woman

Another thing to think about... Anthony Zerbe plays alot of low key baddies. That is another reason why I say that Councilor Hamann is not all totally with the people of Zion. He doesn't sleep, he walks about alot at "night" and he visits the engineering section. Plus he countermanned Lock. Interesting.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 06:02 PM
turin

he could possible be a machine. it sounds far fetched but think about it. why would the machines allow zion to run without knowing what they are doing? make sense to me. i am not saying that is what i beleive but it makes sense.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 06:44 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

A cyborg? How would he get that way. The Matrix don't have any cyborgs and the inhabitants of Zion have never mentioned cyborgs.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:31 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And they would know, they are not THAT stupid in Zion.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:32 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And they would know, they are not THAT stupid in Zion.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:32 PM
maul's woman

No one is saying that they are stupid. But I don't think Hamann is a cyborg. He may have some connection with the Great Mind, but he is still flesh and blood.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:35 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think someone suggesting that Hamann is actually a machine and agent for the AIs is pretty much making out that Zion is stupid for not noticing.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:37 PM
maul's woman

Not stupid but unable to identify. They are not able to identify cyborgs.

Supposing that Councilor Hamann is a cyborg sent by the Great Machine to infiltrate Zion, then he can wreak tremendous havoc there. Would he have access to the Zion mainframe and other vitals of Zion. Then the conversation on the landing with Neo was smoke. He was lying when he said that he has no idea how the machines in the environmental section of engineering work. But he was plumbing Neo for his feelings and standing on matters in general.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:41 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Why would they be unable to identify cyborgs? Zion almost certainly has a ton of security equipment designed to deal with all such conceivable threats from the machines.

And assuming Hamann had a life out on the front lines once, the first EMP he was near would have fried vital parts of his body.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:43 PM