KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » It begins - Spoiler Warning

It begins - Spoiler Warning
Started by: Sifer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sifer

Love It begins - Spoiler Warning

Right guys, some possible spoilers here. Omega wanted me to put it into 1 topic, so I thought I would smile Firstly, I don't claim this is what is going to happen but it is definately something I believe will happen. I am also not claiming this idea as my own.

If you don't want to possibly ruin you Revolutions experience, then don't read any futher.

Scorched skies? Nah, more like smoked. When shown the history in 2nd Renaissance, we are shown that the Humans scorched the sky to stop the machines from living. But it didn't work. I wonder why? Well let me ask you a question, does it actually show the humans covering the sky above 01 or does it even show a human near 01 in the 2nd Renaissance?

Well the answer is: No, it doesn't.

Now, what if the humans didn't scorch the sky near 01, then that means the machines would still be powered. Now, why the hell would they need to build the Matrix? Why would they even need to keep us alove , err alive? smile

Well the answer is simple. The machines never wanted to fight the humans, they never wanted all this shit. They wanted to co-exist - this is prominantly shown in 2nd Ren. They only killed the humans because they could not comprehend why they were being slaughtered. So, the machines had no other choice but to create the Matrix because they hadn't found out the answer to the question. The question that drives them - what is love?

That is all for now...I will post some more in a bit - and there is ALOT more to come smile

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 12:44 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

i agree with both of them completely. it just proves that humansdont ever like change, you can see this a million times in our history from the american revolution to the great wall of china

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 12:50 AM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

The Sky:

Is it scorched? I personally don't think so. It's just another level of control so the machines can achieve what they need. Let's see:

Sometime before minds started getting freed the sky started to recover, the smoke begins to dissapate. The machines can't have that, they need to keep the humans under the illusion that they are using them for batteries. What if the machines re-smoke the sky. Not once, not twice, but 5 times. Every reload, the sky is blackened. True? who knows smile

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 01:00 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

exactly...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 01:35 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Wow... that is one of the most stunning revelations I've read these past few months.... so true... :sniff: I feel bad for them machines now....

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 03:02 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

Hmm. The truth... But is that the truth...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 03:12 AM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nox

Very nice, this could mean revolutions could be a new beginning instead of an end. Every beginning has an end that has a beginning that has an..

"Either no one told me, or no one knows."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 03:13 AM
nox is currently offline Click here to Send nox a Private Message Find more posts by nox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

More coming when I wake up properly big grin

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 11:29 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Re: It begins - Spoiler Warning

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
When shown the history in 2nd Renaissance, we are shown that the Humans scorched the sky to stop the machines from living. But it didn't work.

Why do you think it didn't work?

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer

So, the machines had no other choice but to create the Matrix because they hadn't found out the answer to the question. The question that drives them - what is love?

Why do you think the machines are driven by that question? Sure, the machines (according to Second Renaissance, which does not HAVE to be the truth, since it’s from the Zion database. It may be another system of control) never wanted any war. They were created as servants. The servants gained independence and rebelled. And the irony is, that the former slaves became masters. And again we’re back at the slaves rebelling.
It’s not a question about love. It’s a question about co-existence. Human needs machines, and machines need humans. “The program Smith has grown beyond your control. You cannot stop him. But I can.”

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 11:56 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joeboy
Da Licker

I never thought that battery crap was true. Although many argue me on it.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 12:59 PM
joeboy is currently offline Click here to Send joeboy a Private Message Find more posts by joeboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miggfl

I agree that at first the machines didn't want war, and that humans showed no respect for them, however I don't think they are keeping us in the matrix simply because they want to co-exist.

If you think about it, 6 times they have completely flushed the entire population of the matrix (god knows how many millions) as well as eradicated, then rebuilt zion. This is not the act of someone who just wants to get along.

As much as the theory of peace may hold out, the machines ARE using humans for SOMETHING, what however, I don't know.

Keep in mind, from the trailers it is possible that the hovercraft flew above the smoke clowd above. Also, I don't discount the fact that humans could be the catalyst for cold fusion reactions...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 01:13 PM
miggfl is currently offline Click here to Send miggfl a Private Message Find more posts by miggfl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Well it didn;t work because they were still there obviously...

2nd:

quote:
It’s not a question about love. It’s a question about co-existence. Human needs machines, and machines need humans.

Think about what you said. Why on earth do you think the machines are keeping under control? I have already said it, they want to co-exist PEACEFULLY. They think there is only one way for it to go - to be accepted as humans. For this they need emotion, they need love.

This brings me to what I was going to post next anyhow. Now, why do you think the machines destroy the Rebels everytime the Matrix is reloaded. Well, they don't care about them. Why? Because they are rebels, they don't care about peace, and that is all the machines are interested in.

"You need human beings to survive"

Delay from the Architect.

"There are levels of survival we are willing to accept."

Well, they need humans in more ways than what we have shown - as I have said, they need emotion.

More ideas about how the machines are attempting to gain knowledge on emotion and love. You will like this one smile

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 01:30 PM
miggfl

In my about 10 page paper on the matrix, I originally said that machines were using us as a case study for evolution. Since their minds have finite boundaries and they are concievably incapable of abstract thought, they'd need humans for that.

Like I said I don't rule out the possibility that we truly are batteries.

But regardless, slaughtering millions of humans at whim, and demolishing zion 6 times over, is not an act of peaceful co-existance.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 01:46 PM
miggfl is currently offline Click here to Send miggfl a Private Message Find more posts by miggfl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Well, we will see smile

Remember, we slaughtered them first.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 01:50 PM
tshirt

None of this makes sense to me.
There is nothing to suggest the machines want to learn about love.

Why or what says the machines want to co-exist peacefully with man?
They tried, but it did not work. We started the war, they won.

Now that we are hooked into the matrix, what purpose would it serve to keep scorching/smoking the sky? If the machines originally got their energy from the sun, why not let the sky clear up and use the energy. Then they could do away with all the humans and any revolutions.

What reason would the machines have for keeping us alive? It has to be power, computing ability, or something else that can be used as a resource.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 03:32 PM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Why would they keep us alive? I have told you, they want emotion, they want to feel. But without us, they will never figure out how.

When the original matrix was created, 2 programs were created in order to try and love. Who are these programs? The Merovingian and Persephone. Now, this failed (as we can deduce from what both the Merovingian & Persephone say in Reloaded). So another Matrix was created, using human kinds evil past where all manners of programs appeared (such as werewolves & vampires) - but, the machines realised that love cannot be found through evil. Then along comes the 3rd Matrix (the version we are in now) where the Systemic Anomaly was "created".

Back to Persephone. I propose that when she kisses a human, their love is sampled (in digital form) and that was her purpose - to love. Now (this idea does sway my "Oracle being the mother" notion...just a bit big grin), Persephone presented this information she had collected, to the Architect. It was then realised that the answer could only be found between 2 humans who truly love each other (ie Persephone's idea was was useful and the data she collected, relevant, but her purpose now obsolete and uneeded so was therefore targeted for deletion.

That is where the Oracle and the Systemic Anomaly come in. It was the idea from Persephone which caused the creation of the systemic anomaly due to the fact that they needed a human combined with the Matrix Prime Program to capture the data they need so they can get what they want. The Oracle created the idea of the Prophecy so the machines could keep the Humans under control, so that their plan wouldn't fail. So all of this control innexorably leads the One to the Source where the information gathered can be inserted back into the Matrix Mainframe and can then be used to gain what they need. With every reload they are getting closer and closer to achieving the answer but have still (up until now) been unsuccsessful:

"While the others experienced this in a more general way" Look of satisfaction on the Architect's face becomes very apparent ", your experience is far more specific: Vis a vis, Love."

Now, where does the child and it's parents fit in. Well they are vital to what the machines really want. It is the first program to be created out of love. It is the first of it's kind to love and BE loved. Why is this essential? Because I think it's the starting point of something special which is going to happen to all 3 "species": Man, Machine & Program.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 04:05 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

good idea...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 04:22 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

i think that Mouse's speech about Tastee Wheat, is really about love
..he then goes on to talk about the woman in the red dress

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 04:31 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human...

What was it the machines are searching for again big grin

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 04:33 PM
furryman
honky

big grin

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 04:35 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote