KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » What the hell happened to Tank?

What the hell happened to Tank?
Started by: vvvrulz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Question What the hell happened to Tank?

Something just occurred to me. Tank apparently died in Reloaded, but he looked in reasonable shape as M1 concluded. Surely that wound didnt overcome him that badly. I was disappointed with his replacement, Tank was cooool.. this guy was a moron. Who knows any details about how he died?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 05:03 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spydar1982
What Up G?

well M2 is a little more commercialized... so thats my belief for getting rid of tank... but I like Link better anyway. Much better actor. I heard that Marcus chong raided the Reloaded set pissed that he wasn't asked back, and took a lot of food. check this out

http://www.boycottthematrix.com/bigdeal.htm

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 05:13 AM
spydar1982 is currently offline Click here to Send spydar1982 a Private Message Find more posts by spydar1982 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

I liked Tank better than Link... and wouldve been cool to have him back rather than a new character. We have enough questions as it is.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 06:50 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I would rather have Link...he's more human, to me at least...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 07:14 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

More human?? Link is a wussy. Tank would kick his ass all over the place... he was a much cooler character. Link has feminine qualities, cant even carry his own baggage lol

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 07:17 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Link is more doubting, more questioning. Tank just took orders and didn't ask why, didnt question. in that respect, Link is more Human than Tank.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 07:22 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spydar1982
What Up G?

maybe many do know this, for those who don't.... Marcus Chong aka Tank is Tommy Chong's adopted son.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 07:49 AM
spydar1982 is currently offline Click here to Send spydar1982 a Private Message Find more posts by spydar1982 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movie_freak

Whos tommy chong?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 08:29 AM
movie_freak is currently offline Click here to Send movie_freak a Private Message Find more posts by movie_freak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Cheech and chong, i think...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 11:46 AM
audioheem

I actually prefer Link because yes, he is more human. I didn't even like Tank very much before I saw Reloaded. Don't know why... seemed too robotic.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 01:35 PM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

Link is way better, he has survived OZ for years!!! well all until the end there

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 03:17 PM
Cowboyography is currently offline Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

Well I liked Tank but I like Link better coz he is just so damn funny!!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 03:21 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

I just think that if they kept tank, the first time we seen the movie, it wouldve been a tad more enjoyable. Every single one of us thought to ourselves "what the hell happaned to tank?" the first time we seen it. It was already a confusing movie with a lot to absorb, introducing that new character was unnecesary. IMO..

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 03:30 PM
audioheem

I don't think changing one guy for another really confused anything. We said we know Tank died somehow and that's really all we needed to know...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 03:31 PM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Links cool, he does things tank would never do, like jumping up "YES!" when Neo grabs Morph and the Keymaker

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 04:23 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yeah...more human

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 04:26 PM
gotta get rich
public enemy

tank was way cooler than link is! the reason he didnt jump around and that was becos he's more proffessional, he's seen it all before and can keep his head.

and how was tank robotic? did you see his reactions when mouse got killed? or when morpheus got captured? or when they got morpheus back??? i quote 'god dam its good to hear your voice again sir!!!'
'morpheus, you were more than a leader to us, you were a father.'

links okay, but like the rest of matrix reloaded, he just cant compare to the original.

Never can you stop my hostility, Never love my enemy, never get me out your memory, I am never beaten lyrically. Never fear, go head & murder me so my God will be right next to me...

Last edited by gotta get rich on Oct 20th, 2003 at 05:22 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 05:19 PM
gotta get rich is currently offline Click here to Send gotta get rich a Private Message Find more posts by gotta get rich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spydar1982
What Up G?

OOOOO YEAH HE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN AS OSCAR FOR THAT PERFORMANCE!!! Truthfully Tank was ok. He didn't have a major role so it didn't really matter. He didn't need to be the best actor. But I can tell you this, when he talks to Neo for the frist time about Zion & the One, that has to be some of the worst acting I have ever seen (on his part)... but then again you seem to jock 50cent "the best rapper since tupac" HA!!! - turn off mtv free your mind and check out Rakim, KRS-One, or Hierglyphics. Real emcees.....

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 05:29 PM
Jakanden
Movies "R" Us

The reason tank is gone is because Marcus Chong was demanding some off the wall shit to come back in the sequals. The brothers didnt agree with his demands and all hell broke loose:

http://www.futurizmo.com/matrix/new...FVVkaClMSIn.php

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 05:31 PM
Jakanden is currently offline Click here to Send Jakanden a Private Message Find more posts by Jakanden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
audioheem

Ya KRS-One rocks.. but anyway back to the point.. all those examples of reactions you gave of Tank being more human are so predictable.. and the way he says them.. he sounds like he's trying to repress them.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 05:31 PM