KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Zion gets distroyed!? then i comes back again all fine?!

Zion gets distroyed!? then i comes back again all fine?!
Started by: ShOota

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShOota

Zion gets distroyed!? then i comes back again all fine?!

OK, i totaly dont understand it when people say Zion got distroyed then Neo chooses 23 people to start rebuilding it?!
Whats the point in that?? Why didnt the machine kill everyone?! why do they let it get build over and over again?!?!!??!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 02:36 PM
ShOota is currently offline Click here to Send ShOota a Private Message Find more posts by ShOota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The none

Wow that is a loooooooong story!!

Actually it's stated quite clear by the Archie in M2. I strongly suggest u grab a VCD/DVD to check it out yourself, it'll be more fun. big grin

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 03:40 PM
The none is currently offline Click here to Send The none a Private Message Find more posts by The none Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

indeed smile

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 04:09 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

Yeah, it's so not worth trying to explain at this point in the game.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 04:36 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShOota

ok, will do, You it tells you why they keep destroying Zion and they save 23 people?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 05:02 PM
ShOota is currently offline Click here to Send ShOota a Private Message Find more posts by ShOota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

So they can start getting rid of people that don't accept the Matrix. Think of your computer. When you delete something from your computer (The Matrix), it's sent to your recycling bin (Zion). You'll eventually want to delete everything in the recycle bin to save room. And it's physically impossible for the people to have built Zion. I believe that the machines build Zion, then alter the memories of the new "Zionites" to make them think they built it.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 06:10 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShOota

ok ok.... so they say Zion got distroyed afew times and everyone living it in, Surely there must of beenmore than 100 people who did not die from that like hideing some where where no one would find them, and when u say 23 new people was choose to start the matrix again, the 100 people would still be there and tell them the truth?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 06:32 PM
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

quote:
Originally posted by The Unknown
So they can start getting rid of people that don't accept the Matrix. Think of your computer. When you delete something from your computer (The Matrix), it's sent to your recycling bin (Zion). You'll eventually want to delete everything in the recycle bin to save room. And it's physically impossible for the people to have built Zion. I believe that the machines build Zion, then alter the memories of the new "Zionites" to make them think they built it.
I don't think the machines alter memories, but thats just what I think. I think that they start out with a small amount of resources and knowledge, perhaps even some of the machinery left over from Zion and build up from there.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 06:54 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Re: Zion gets distroyed!? then i comes back again all fine?!

quote:
Originally posted by ShOota
OK, i totaly dont understand it when people say Zion got distroyed then Neo chooses 23 people to start rebuilding it?!
Whats the point in that?? Why didnt the machine kill everyone?! why do they let it get build over and over again?!?!!??!

Probably because there will always be someone unhappy with the way things r.....That's just a general thing! I imagine the machines want to allow ppl to have some level of survival to keep them quiet....They'd rather have them far from the crops where thay can't take their ppl plugged in, than coming to unplug everyone, which is what Zion folks were doing, and why the war started! The machines thought they could keep Zion content with allowing them to have their little corner of the world! problem is, they didn't expect more plug-ins to wake up! It's just another form of control...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 11:00 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by GABRIEL05
I don't think the machines alter memories, but thats just what I think. I think that they start out with a small amount of resources and knowledge, perhaps even some of the machinery left over from Zion and build up from there.

It is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for them to have built that entire city. They would have no idea how to use any of the machinery if they found any. They wouldn't know how to build the ships or upload programs, or the machines used to jack into the Matrix.

And the Architect tells Neo that all evidence of Zion is erased, meaning that there will be no machinery left.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Last edited by The Unknown on Nov 16th, 2003 at 08:55 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 08:36 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

This again?
23 people along with freed minds from the Matrix ARE capable of, in 100 years, get even above the number 250.000.
Zion is destroyed, probably once every 100th year, after the One (NOT Neo, Neo is just the sixth person to pick up the anomaly, who the previous Ones were is unknown) has visited the Architect and chosen to the door to The Source.
The Sentinels destroy the humans. The wreck havoc on Zion, but who says it’s utterly annihilated? No one. It’s not in the interest of the machines, not to make sure Zion can thrive again, so it is ready when the anomaly builds again over the next 100 years.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 12:00 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Didn't the Architect tell Neo that all evidence of Zion will be erased?

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 02:42 AM
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

yes.And i agree with the unknown they wouldn't be able to build something like that.+ who says they're gonna build at all? more ikeley they're going to run around crazily in fear.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 02:47 AM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bowens

Cool The Humans Probably Did Build Zion

If you've seen the Animatrix you'll see that the humans were building all kinds of stuff before they started fighting the machines. In the episode "The Second Renaissance" we see the humans destroying the sky to block the sun, this would suggest that humans had already built their underground city for survival. Now how Zion is repeatedly destroyed?? Well...ay..yi..yi

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 08:29 AM
bowens is currently offline Click here to Send bowens a Private Message Find more posts by bowens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

The sky has nothing to do with Zion. And Zion is built AFTER each anomaly is freed from the Matrix.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 09:35 PM