KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Will the Friday the 13th madness ever end??

Will the Friday the 13th madness ever end??
Started by: heatherfeather7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
heatherfeather7
Quistis Trepe

Miffed Will the Friday the 13th madness ever end??

Is it just me or has Friday the 13th gone a bit too far?? Will the madness never end?? There have already been 2 of them with the word FINAL in the title. What is the definition of final for them?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 04:31 AM
heatherfeather7 is currently offline Click here to Send heatherfeather7 a Private Message Find more posts by heatherfeather7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

B/c it makes the movie studios money. As long as they make money, they'll never stop

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 05:15 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It's a franchise....franchises do this all the time, it's unfair to single Friday the 13th out.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 08:31 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

because so many people love Jason, hes cool. its like saying "damn those Starwars movies, why did they make more of them?" "danm startrek, why would they make another of that series?"
because people like them, thats why

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 10:06 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Whats wrong with making more and more sequels if people will go and watch them? People say there are too many but noboday has a go at the James Bond franchise and theres been over 20 of them. Im not saying the friday the 13th movies are particularly good, there just entertaining but if the fans demand more then theres nothing wrong with giving them what they want.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 12:30 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason420
My dad is younger than me

i like Jason but you guys are right too many friday the 13th movies like new begginning what the hell was that! dumbest friday the 13th ever

I was born 8 and 1/2 months premature

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 08:38 PM
Jason420 is currently offline Click here to Send Jason420 a Private Message Find more posts by Jason420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

when you think about it there never really was a very intelligently plotted jason movie made

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 09:26 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The point of Friday the 13th, and any any horror franchise for that matter, is that ppl die. Which is why ppl love them.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 09:43 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

nothing like sitting, watching a movie and seeing some ****, some smoking of pot and then some randy teens getting chopped up

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 09:53 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Well, except for the pot part, that's what I do almost every night........

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 11:07 PM
jinXed by JaNx

i personally dont like friday the 13th series, but being such an avid horror fan as long as they keep making them i'll keep watching them. as will many many many other people, even if they dont like the series.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Dec 4th, 2003 at 12:28 AM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 12:26 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
heatherfeather7
Quistis Trepe

Well, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone if I did. I will just say that everyone has a right to an opinion. I never said they were bad. Friday the 13th just seems to be the one with the most sequels (if anyone knows of one with more, let me know). Personally I can only remember seeing one or two (like 2 &3 I think). If someone could recommend one of the newer ones, I would watch them. I DO enjoy a good horror flick. Not so much really gross bloody but more the ones that make you repeatedly jump out of your seat. So, if anyone out there is up to the challenge: Change my mind and recommend the absolute best Jason movie there is. I'm willing to give anything a shot.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 01:18 AM
heatherfeather7 is currently offline Click here to Send heatherfeather7 a Private Message Find more posts by heatherfeather7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i dunno, theres no real "jump out of your seat" parts of jason, but Jason takes Manhatten is pretty cool, well i think so

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 01:47 AM
heatherfeather7
Quistis Trepe

How about the newest one, not sure what it's called but they're in space. Is it any good?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 02:45 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The only good part is the way it pokes fun at itself

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 04:22 AM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

The only Friday the 13th movies I would suggest to somebody are:

Friday the 13th (the original..)
Friday the 13th 3
Friday the 13th : The Final Chapter
Friday the 13th 7 : The New Blood
Jason X

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 12:41 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
heatherfeather7
Quistis Trepe

Evil Dead, Lord Soth, and tabby999, thanks for the info on which Jason movies are good and which are not as good. I will have to rent some of them now that I have your recommendations.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 02:47 PM
sumunabeech

Jason X will make you laugh your ass off.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 03:13 PM
sumunabeech is currently offline Click here to Send sumunabeech a Private Message Find more posts by sumunabeech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

1-4 are good movies, 5-11 (11= freddy vs jason) are all a pile of steaming turd, but at the same time VERY entertaining so u gotta love em.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 08:11 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i dunno, they call WW3 the microsoft incident, i find that highly funny in itself

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 09:31 PM