KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Master Sifo-Dyas- a bit of a mystery (SPOILERS)

Master Sifo-Dyas- a bit of a mystery (SPOILERS)
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Master Sifo-Dyas- a bit of a mystery (SPOILERS)

Okidokey, they clearly inserted this one in to give us something to think about. To summarise:

1. Sifo-Dyas placed the order for the clones (or at least, the Kaminoans say so)

2. He was a Jedi Master who died just UNDER ten years ago (presumably, therefore, he died just after TPM)

3. Sifo-Dyas can obviously be corrupted to Sidious, though that would be an unprecendented way of choosing your Sith name as Dooku is nothing like Tyrannus

4. But there must be SOME dodgy connection there because Jango, sent as the template to construct the clones that Sifo-Dyas ordered, never met (or so he says) Sifo-Dyas, having been recruited by Tyrannus.

So, are we to assume, perhaps, that Sidious' cover was as a great Jedi Master who then faked his death soon after TPM? Maybe because being Supreme Chancellor took up too much of his time. But could he possibly have managed being a Senator and importnt Jedi at the same time?

Or is Sifo-Dyas nothing to do with Sidious at all, in which case, what exactly is the deal here?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 16th, 2002 at 03:02 AM

Old Post May 16th, 2002 02:32 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peluffo

I think that Sidious just lies identifying himself as "Sifo-Dyas, great Jedi Master"...
I thing that because is easy to give fake ID to a culture/planet that is too far from the republic.

Anyway, is just speculation

For the Empire, against the rebel alliance.
"Good" is a point of view...The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

Old Post May 16th, 2002 04:16 AM
Click here to Send peluffo a Private Message Find more posts by peluffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarlacc
plastic prophet

i agree that it was probably just sidious or tyranus lying to the cloners. but some type of connection would be cool. i enjoyed this little tid bit of mystery and intrige.

Old Post May 16th, 2002 10:00 AM
Click here to Send sarlacc a Private Message Find more posts by sarlacc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think there are a few possibilities.

1. I dispute that Sifo-Dyas died just UNDER ten yeras before. That is not entirely made clear, they say he died around ten years ago. Which might mean that he placed the order and then died.
What Sidous's involvement is, is unclear but in this scenario I guess he may have drawn Sifo-Dyas to the Dark Side like he did with Dooku, another veteran Jedi. Maybe Sifo-Dyas wanted to turn back and Sidious killed him.

2. Sidous conveniently used the death of Sifo-Dyas to place the order right after he died before the word spread, thus giving the order credibility. After all, the Kaminoans were still not aware that he had died so long ago.

3. Maybe it was Dooku that placed the order in name of Sifo-Dyas right after his death, being in league with Sidious. Maybe it was him who erased the Jedi archives. We must wonder if Sidious would have had ANY access to these. If he hadn't only Dooku could have done that, and also quite a long time ago: right before he left the Jedi Order. Placing the order for the clone army could have been done simultaneoulsy using Jedi channels and authority.

Old Post May 16th, 2002 11:31 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

maybe Sifo-Dyas saw the future and saw who sidious was as a civilian... then he went after the emperor and got slayed

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post May 16th, 2002 11:46 AM
Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Maybe it's just as simple as Sifo-Dyas is Sidious... I think this is the new "Is Sidious and Palpatine the same guy" theory..

Old Post May 16th, 2002 01:24 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No, that won't work. Sifo-Dyas was a REAL Jedi Master. They knew him or in OB1's case, had heard of him. So no Sith or Sidious, because otherwise Yoda would have identified Palpy.

Also, the order for clones was placed ON BEHALF of the Jedi, but the Jedi didn't know about it. So he didn't place the order legally. Something's fishy about it.

Old Post May 16th, 2002 01:30 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Well, when I first heard the name "Sifo-Dyas," I said "Sidious." It could be that Sidious dressed in brown, wore a fake beard, called the Kaminoans under an assumed name, and ordered the clones.

He could have easily said to the Kaminoans "I am the head of the Jedi Council. I am King of everything and you are my slaves." The Kaminoans probably would have gone to war, but they wouldn't have known if he was on the Jedi Council or King of Everything or not.

Old Post May 16th, 2002 02:45 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Didn't they say that he died just under ten years ago? I can't rightly remember. I'll check again tonight.

We still have the basic problem that Sifo-Dyas was a real Jedi Master but has a name uncomfortably similar to Sidious' own; if Sidious just happened to use that name as a cover it seems a bit odd, but possible, I guess.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 16th, 2002 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Maybe Obi Wan lied saying he was dead since there might not have been a jedi named Sifo-Dyas. So Obi told this lie to play along to get more info out of the Kaminoans

Old Post May 16th, 2002 06:51 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarlacc
plastic prophet

maybe GL made sifo-dyas so simillar to sidious to cast some doubt and confusion on us. maybe now we're supposed to wonder if sifo = sidious and palpatine is just palpatine. and to bring up a point i hope will be avoided, GL has introduced cloning now so anything is possible.

Old Post May 16th, 2002 07:02 PM
Click here to Send sarlacc a Private Message Find more posts by sarlacc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peluffo

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
...We still have the basic problem that Sifo-Dyas was a real Jedi Master...

where it comes? I just can remember that the spoilers said that OB1 "plays along with the kaminoans" to get more info about the clones issue, so, he can be lying when he said that this jedi is dead.

For the Empire, against the rebel alliance.
"Good" is a point of view...The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

Old Post May 16th, 2002 10:54 PM
Click here to Send peluffo a Private Message Find more posts by peluffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, Obi-Wan is not lying. Windu and Yoda know Sifo-Dyas as well; Obi-Wan talks with them about him.

And DAMN shifty they look as well when Obi-Wan syas he is dead! I bet thoose two are hiding domething.

BTW, Obi-Wan CLEARLY says that Sifo-Dyas died ALMOST ten years ago. There can be no dispute.

BtVS

Old Post May 17th, 2002 12:03 AM
davinci73

I believe that sidious is emperor palpatine because they are played by the same person and we know that he becomes emperor palpatine in the original series also played by the same actor as Palpatine.

Old Post May 17th, 2002 12:08 AM
Click here to Send davinci73 a Private Message Find more posts by davinci73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup, barring some massive twist, we pretty much take that as read these days. But this Sifo-Dyas thing is a far less clear cut mystery.

BtVS

Old Post May 17th, 2002 12:19 AM
jedi fernando

maybe sifo -dyas was kinda dooku´s pal and both wanted an army of clones for the separatists. but then sidious killed sifo-dyas and made dooku his apprentice.

i dont know, i havent even seen the movie and im just talking crap hehe

Old Post May 17th, 2002 03:33 AM
Click here to Send jedi fernando a Private Message Find more posts by jedi fernando Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I do remember they talked AGAIN about the time when Sifo-Dyas died. And OB1 wasn't sure.
Windu and Yoda DID look shifty.... what's going on here?

Old Post May 17th, 2002 01:31 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

What did the book say ?

Old Post May 17th, 2002 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Helmet

Nothing more than the movie said. He was a Jedi.

Old Post May 17th, 2002 02:44 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Helmet a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Helmet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No. That he was a great Jedi, that he was one of the Lost Twenty, that he was of the old style of light sabre fighting, more effective in lightsabre-to-lightsabre fights. It would have added to his status other than "just another Jedi."

Old Post May 17th, 2002 02:57 PM