KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Obi-wan's training

Obi-wan's training
Started by: Leia_2000

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Leia_2000

Obi-wan's training

Ok, somewhere in Ep. 4, 5, or 6 (I'm not exactly sure where, I think it was 5) Obi-wan says that Yoda trained him, but in Ep. 1, Qui-Gon was Obi-wan's trainer. Did I miss something? confused

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Leia_2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Leia_2000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

No you didn't. It must be later explained in II and III.

You're going to hear a lot of people around here babble on about; "Well, until you are six, Yoda trains you." Bullshit! When did it ever say that in the movies. Maybe in the books, but a lot of people arn't interested in books.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 04:01 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef2

hey moron, have you actually looked around on this very website that youre posting messages on. the script has tons of scenes with yoda training young jedi. if thats not good enough for you, if you paid attention in episode II, you would remember this obiwan:"master yoda taught me i should be mindful of the future."

ps - youre really not a moron, but i just wanted to say it. smile

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 04:13 AM
Click here to Send bigsef2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Okay, maybe it's in the script. But that's my point. It should be said in the movies, too. Which I'm sure it will be.

And yes, I know I've read other fourms about this subject. But if you go back and read what I posted, you'll see it differs very little to what I'm saying now.

Moron. wink smile rolling on floor laughing

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 04:23 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Master Yoda is not good enough, they call eachothers also as Masters so...

but all we know looks like Yoda trains them...

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 04:25 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I'm sure it will be explained in II and III.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 07:37 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

To, Obi-Wan's line at the start of TPM that 'Master Ypda TAUGHT ME to be mindful of the future' was meant to clean up the discrepancy.

Yoda was indeed once Obi-Wan's master. End of story.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

That's inconclusive, Ush. How could you make that assumption without reading it?

Yoda and the cousil seem to be the head of all Jedi. So, of course all Jedi would take what the cousil has to say under consideration. It NEVER in the films says that Yoda is the teacher for the first few years.

You know it, too. You're basing your claims on knowledge gained from the books, and it gives hints to it in the films. But to those of us who havn't read them, there is no proof. END OF STORY.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 08:48 PM
finti

Nah I go with Ush here

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 08:59 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, To, because the fact that Obi-Wan TOLD us that Master Yoda trained him in ESB rather completes the story...

You are being deliberately obstructive, To. The situation we have presented is SO obvious as to be inescapable.

I am not basing my knowledge on ANYTHING from the books; it is based on comments from GL.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Okay fine. Wether it is books, or interviews with Lucas. It should be made clear in the films. Because it isn't. I'm sure it will be made clear in II or III.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 04:34 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I don't see why it is so hard to go with the idea that Yoda was once Obi-Wan's Master, and now is not. Seeing that is obviously what we are meant to think.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 06:06 PM
yerssot

come on! OB1 said who trained him, so what's the big fuzz about?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 06:23 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

I agree with Ush too. I think that line that Obi-Wan spoke about Yoda telling him to be mindful of the future pretty much tells us why he said to Luke in ep5 "there you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed me".

I don't think a vision of Ben talking to Luke, wounded and face down in the snow in the middle of a blizzard is going to go into details over the whole thing...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2001 12:14 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

certainly not when Han is getting nearer

Old Post Dec 8th, 2001 12:16 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

There will be something said about it in II and III though, trust me.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 9th, 2001 01:52 AM
yerssot

trust me?
that's the entire problem big grin / wink

Old Post Dec 9th, 2001 10:43 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Do you mean specific info on Obi-Wan's relationship with Yoda? In which case I doubt you are right. Or do you mean it will be shown that Yoda teaches the children? Which is very likely.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 9th, 2001 01:31 PM
yerssot

well, there will be young Jedi in the story, that is what we saw in a select pic

Old Post Dec 9th, 2001 03:42 PM
Leia_2000

Ok, so Yoda probably trains all the little Jedi, but To has a point-they never do make it entirely clear, but then again, a lot of stuff in SW isn't entirely clear. For example, I only saw one part in the whole trilogy where it said Boba Fett's name (although I probably missed something) and that was when Luke Han and Chewie were gonna get thrown into the Sarlak. After they had started attacking , Han says "Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?" and turns around, hits BF in his jet pack, and BF goes flying into the sarlak.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2001 05:21 PM
Click here to Send Leia_2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Leia_2000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote