KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Final Flight of the Osiris Explosion....

Final Flight of the Osiris Explosion....
Started by: 42212

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
These days you never know

Final Flight of the Osiris Explosion....

It seems that magnetic or electro blasts directly negates the machines ability to operate. Did the explosion, do you think, destroy the sentinels around the Osiris? It's more than likely not as effective as an EMP or electro blast, huh?

Why do the humans in Revolutions rely on ammo rather than electro pulse blasts against the machines. I never understood that....

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 04:18 AM
42212 is currently offline Click here to Send 42212 a Private Message Find more posts by 42212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

well even though the bullets can kill machines, I imagine they are really only used to slow sentinel hordes down. If you'll notice, the only time they ever use guns is when they are running away.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 04:43 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
audioheem

Well y'know the ships were made before the humans were forced underground... Well, so they SAY. What I'm getting at is they don't have the means to build any more EMP kinda equipment, just the basics, like a APU o_O

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 09:28 PM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

I... think they do...? So? What would they put it on? The city would shut down, and all the ships have them...?

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 09:32 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

I don't think you can fire a directed beam of EMP. From what I understand, it goes out like a shockwave (well, in a sphere I mean). I've always wondered, couldn't they plant a bomb. I've heard that nuclear bombs let off an EMP when they explode. Why not have bombs that they could drop out the back when they are being chased? Anyone know if that would or wouldn't work?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 09:40 PM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

It would shut down the ship... but a collasal EMP bomb could be made, sent up, and blown up so that a huge chunk of the city would shut down, then another bomb, and another, in rapid succession... then they might have won... but the means to build it... erm

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 09:48 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

wait a minute

wow I just reallized...... Why the heck didn't the machines throw a stinkin EMP bomb into the dock. They could have made tons of small ones if they needed too. Ok, somebody answer that one please.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 09:52 PM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

They could not make one due to lack of testing area and/or knowledge? Just a thought... heck, why not make anti-EMP sheilding like the Tiger helicopter? wacko Who knows...

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 09:56 PM
DeathDealer
The One

>42212 you asked that, why do the humans in Revolutions rely on ammo rather than electro pulse blasts against the machines?

Well, as you see in Revo, when Niobe arrived with the others to the dock area, they used the EMP blast. Now, the blast affect EVERYTHING that is machine operable. Meaning that when they used the EMP blast it left them voulnerable to an attack. Using it every time they would go against the machines would leave them w/o protection and w/o energy on their ships. That's why they always cut the power from their ships to not be detected by a centinal, because they knew of the risks of loosing energy and being w/o protection.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 10:21 PM
DeathDealer is currently offline Click here to Send DeathDealer a Private Message Find more posts by DeathDealer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

simple priest good point. I think the machines were afraid that the humans would use an EMP against them at Zion if the machines used an emp against the humans. THat was confusing. Ok it's like this everyone brings a gun to a knife fight, but no one uses it because they are afraid everyone else will use theirs. Get the picture?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 01:30 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Does an EMP shut down a second EMP device? huh

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 01:31 AM
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE
ONE POINT FOR MC MIKE Happy Dance

I dunno. I assume when you charge an emp it uses electricity, so I say Yay verily. However when you use an emp it doesn't blow itself so... confused

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 01:37 AM
ch0g0nda
Captain

Yeah. The first emp would disable the mechanism that causes the second bomb to detonate.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 01:40 AM
ch0g0nda is currently offline Click here to Send ch0g0nda a Private Message Find more posts by ch0g0nda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

so the matter becomes whoever uses the EMP first wins the day.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 01:47 AM
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote:
Originally posted by ch0g0nda
Yeah. The first emp would disable the mechanism that causes the second bomb to detonate.

So you're saying that 2+2=3? huh

Heheh... I get it. Happy Dance

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 01:47 AM
ch0g0nda
Captain

quote:
Originally posted by MC Mike
So you're saying that 2+2=3? huh
Nope. An EMP bomb isn't like a stick of dynomite.

You need an electronic detonator. Hence the first emp would knock out the detonator on the second emp. Less of course it was out of range.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 01:49 AM
ch0g0nda is currently offline Click here to Send ch0g0nda a Private Message Find more posts by ch0g0nda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

But what about my little peice on EMP SHIELDING! IT EXISTS! Stupid Machinos, however, have no brainos to makos thosos...

A.I.? Where the heck did the I. go? one eye

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 01:49 AM
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote:
Originally posted by ch0g0nda
Nope. An EMP bomb isn't like a stick of dynomite.

You need an electronic detonator. Hence the first emp would knock out the detonator on the second emp. Less of course it was out of range.

Yes, yes, I get it. I was just being silly. roll eyes (sarcastic) Serious people... sheesh...

Lighten up! (please log in to view the image)

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 01:51 AM
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

*lightens up*

well I went from mocha to latte

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 01:52 AM
ch0g0nda
Captain

There's a pretty good example of a EMP discharge in Ocean's 11.

Set in modern day to. Perhaps George Clooney started the rebellion against the machines?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 01:54 AM