KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Record of the Year

Record of the Year
Started by: wicker_man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wicker_man
V.2

Miffed Record of the Year

Ok i've just watched the highlights for the UK's 'Record of the Year' as voted for by the Great British public and guess who won best record ?...Westlife, a boyband whose last song was a cover song. Just another example of the sad state that music has become.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 09:31 AM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
loly
Cora's psychiatrist

agreed,but at least busted didnt win

made by the weird and wonderful crazy_csmile

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 01:02 PM
loly is currently offline Click here to Send loly a Private Message Find more posts by loly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

4 me, the song of the year is crazy in love or bring me 2 life

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 01:07 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Well, for a start, the Manalow (sp?) cover's only been out a few weeks wheras, for instance, Year 3000 has been out since... forever, basically. They chose pathetic plastic pop 'artists' and that's that.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 04:08 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Record of the Year

quote:
Originally posted by wicker_man
Westlife, a boyband whose last song was a cover song. Just another example of the sad state that music has become.

I thought that boybands were death but I guess the music industry wants to keep them alive.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 04:22 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Happy Dance Happy Dance cool i love Westlife!!!

Attachment: westlife[1].jpg
This has been downloaded 66 time(s).

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 04:26 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
in flames
murder brought aveng

how manish..lol they look like ****

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 05:56 PM
in flames is currently offline Click here to Send in flames a Private Message Find more posts by in flames Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

thats being nice. they are seriously shit. thank god we dont have them back home in the US

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 06:56 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

My record of the year is "Trani" by the Kings of Leon.

To be fair, I'd have preferred Busted to win. At least they wrote and played the instruments on their song.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 07:49 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Well, er... don't mean to burst your bubble or anything but from what I've heard they're a boy band (a la written-and-played-by-other-people) packaged as a 'teen rock' band. RAHR. DIEEEE.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 07:53 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

So far this year my vote goes to The Rainmaker ~ Iron Maiden as record of the year.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 07:54 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Linkin Park were tarred with that same brush y'know.

My point is that Busted, no matter how poor, are said to write and perform on their own songs.

However, Westlife sing other peoples stuff whilst sitting on stools, and then they get up off the stools at the key-change for a big ending. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 07:57 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

Black eyed peas should have got record of the year. It's the biggest selling single of 2003. Doesn't that mean anything? They are new and original unlike that crappy westlife. Burn there Cd's NOW!!!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 08:19 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
loly
Cora's psychiatrist

yeah but busted just really get on my nerves,and no matter how many times any1 ses they play their own instruments,they do not,i saw them on tv and the guy with the huge eyebrows was 'playing' the guitar but there wasnt even any guitar in that bit and no sound was coming from his guitar

made by the weird and wonderful crazy_csmile

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 08:38 PM
loly is currently offline Click here to Send loly a Private Message Find more posts by loly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

It's a joke!!!

The music scene isn't in a state... you just gotta look for new stuff!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 08:57 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

doesnt westlife always win? *cough*rigged*cough*

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 09:15 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

shifty

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 09:19 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

personally i dont see how they can have a record of the year when they just pick the songs from whats in the charts. seeing as its only pop groups that dominate the charts, there just picking from one genre. when the occasional rock/hip hop/metal song which is good reaches the charts, no one ever takes any notice of it, because its too different, and all they want is the same manufactured crap so they can have a bunch of nice irish (or wateva westlife are) kids win the award, not some real musicians who might be a little bit rebellious and......deep breath....ORIGINAL.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 09:31 PM
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by Bad Boy
It's a joke!!!

The music scene isn't in a state... you just gotta look for new stuff!

The point im trying to make here BB is that todays society are getting force fed on manufactured rubbish, its becomes to such an extent that new, orginal talent are finding it extremly difficult to get noticed.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 09:34 PM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

my album of the year is..........AFI - sing the sorrow.... MY OPINION SO DONT COMPLAIN!!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 03:54 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote