KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME: THIRD ASSIGNMENT- 'Eliminate'- PHILOSOPHY PATH

USH'S MATRIX GAME: THIRD ASSIGNMENT- 'Eliminate'- PHILOSOPHY PATH
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (45): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S MATRIX GAME: THIRD ASSIGNMENT- 'Eliminate'- PHILOSOPHY PATH

Welcome to the Philosophy Section of my on-line Matrix RP! Whether you are very apprehensive or very keen, one way or another you are here now, so you had better get used to it!

I’ve spoken a lot about this in the past already so I won’t go over everything again now. However, I will provide some basic rules for this section as a reference guide for you.

- Communication with your combat path counterparts, via phone, is normally but not always allowed. Technically speaking you guys may even run into each other, in either case it works like in my Star Wars game, me copy/pasting your words into the other thread and awaiting reply.

- The game carries on as normal. Please don’t try looking for stuff that is not there. Just carry on and keep playing now just as you were before. As I said in the preludes to all this, this section is not just one big convo with a French guy; it is the same game, same setting, same system.

- Each Path has an objective to be scored, which, aside from the plot differences, is worth experience points. For you guys, this scoring is individual. Your success or failure in the Philosophy section will be down to your own words and actions, and no-one else’s. Some of you may fail, some of you may succeed. The Philosophy section objective is not specifically definable in a clear cut way. However, you will be informed when you reach the final point after which I decide who does and does not score.

- To re-iterate this warning; due to the way this section works, and in that you score individually, you must remember that if you do not engage with what is presented to you, you will not score (and may even be in danger). It is very easy to take a back seat in the crucial part of this section, and let others do the talking and the work, but if you were going to do that, what was the point of choosing this? You would have been far better employed on the Combat Path. As also said before, this does not involve you having to have a Philosophy degree, or even to have any philosophical education, or even any education at all beyond having a certain modicum of intelligence and common sense. A philosophical grounding should help make you more sure of yourself before you go in but the section has been calibrated, specifically, so that first timers to anything of this sort will get on just fine. This is absolutely not part of a Philosophical education! Remember my Neo example. He’s not the smartest guy on the block but he gave his Philosophy plot his best shot, just by thinking about everything he got thrown at him, and he succeeded.

- Finally, remember why you are here. It is because there is more to the Matrix, and this game, than simply overcoming enemies by force. The Oracle made it very clear to you that understanding was an important thing with all this. You are fulfilling that vital part of things. In the context of the films, without people like you the war would only be so much pointless violence with no hope or end. You are needed to achieve. But, whilst appreciating your importance, remember two things. First of all, this IS a war, and no matter how hard you want to you will not defeat your enemies with words. Do not expect your achievements to be in the easily quantifiable sense, like a military victory. Like I say, this is individual, it kinda has its own reward. And secondly, on the same subject… never, EVER under estimate the value of your combat team counterparts. And do not worry, I am telling them the same thing about you.

Ok, on you go, good luck.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 2nd, 2004 at 09:33 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 08:53 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You guys are, at this point, climbing the stairs between the 13th and 14th floors. This is a typical high building stairwell.

A piece of loose paper, dropped from high above, flutters down between the stairways.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 08:55 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Azrael reaches out and grabs it.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 08:59 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Projected Statistical Finance Objectives for the 2000 second quarter."

Pie charts.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:02 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

He crumples it into a ball and drops it on the stairs.
"Why would anyone bother throwing that down stairs?"
He sticks his head out and looked up.

OOC
Please dont kill me,please dont kill me PLEASE domnt kill me!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:06 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

rade continues to climb the stairs, throwing a glimpse at the piece of paper.
he doesn't mind it much

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:06 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You guys continue climbing... slightly more space between each floor than you thought! (and no, they are not wired with explosives...)

A piece of loose paper, dropped from high above, flutters down between the stairways.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:07 PM
Fire

"Anything useful Azrael?"

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:09 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

"Nah, just some charts."

He grabs this piece of paper, to stop it hitting his face, but keeps walking.

What did he see ush?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:11 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nothing. Azrael, you catch the title on this piece of paper.

"Projected Statistical Finance Objectives for the 2000 second quarter."

Pie charts.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:13 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Okay, Azrael will grab every piece of paper. Just keep them walking up, and give us anything interesting, or different.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:15 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's not different. There aren't any more.

Azrael, this is the same piece of paper.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:16 PM
Castor
Castor, Natural

"Keep your eyes open guys, Jerichos has been giving us a hard time for a while, something tells me he aint gonna let up just yet...."

As he stand there soemthign pops into his head....

"What about the crew, I mean Jerichos crew....?"

"Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

Last edited by Castor on Dec 29th, 2003 at 09:20 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:17 PM
Castor is currently offline Click here to Send Castor a Private Message Find more posts by Castor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

"Let's go ppl"

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:18 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Ahah! I suppose tyhat means something. I didnt think it unusual for someone to have copies of something, in an office.

"Hey Fire, grab that first piece of paper. These are the same..."

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:19 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh my... ok, Fire; gets a Veteran's pass on this one.

Which is to say, Fire, that when you see Azrael grab a piece of paper that is the same one that just fell past you five seconds before, you nearly have a heart attack...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:20 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

"What do you mean Cas?"

Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Azrael, there is no first piece of paper.

BtVS

Fire

*Takes cell phone*

"WTF IS GOING ON?"

"Eyes open ppl, Azrael you know what it means when you get the same piece of paper falling the same way twice?"

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:22 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Oh I understand now...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:23 PM