KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Rotk is the third biggest film ever!!!(and still grossing tons)

Rotk is the third biggest film ever!!!(and still grossing tons)
Started by: manny321

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

Shocked Rotk is the third biggest film ever!!!(and still grossing tons)

The Lord of the Rings finale The Return of the King has become the third most successful film of all time.

Peter Jackson's epic has now made $942.7m (£517.9m) worldwide, and is expected to pass the $1bn mark after it is released in Japan on 14 February.

Only Titanic from 1997 and Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, released in 2001, have taken more money.

The other two films in the trilogy,
The Fellowship of the Ring#7(869 )million
The Two Towers #4(926 million)

Wow the king still has to open in japan, i think this will end with
1,075,000,000 dollars becoming #2 all time after titanic. Beating
harry potter by almost a 100 million dollars(it had 975 million)
Watch for the king becoming #2 all time in about 1 and half weeks!!
PS THESE ARE WORLDWIDE NUMBERS!!!

Last edited by manny321 on Feb 10th, 2004 at 10:55 PM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 10:49 PM
manny321 is currently offline Click here to Send manny321 a Private Message Find more posts by manny321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

WOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY go ROTK.

and WHEN it wins big at the oscars, its gonna go back to the top of the box office

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 11:10 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PippinTook
Billeh <3

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Happy Dance GO ROTK!!!! YEAH!!! And yesh, as fini said, WHEN (not if, when!) it wins ALL 11 Oscars (which it will) that's gonna be even BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOP!!! YAY!!! laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 11:11 PM
PippinTook is currently offline Click here to Send PippinTook a Private Message Find more posts by PippinTook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Congratulations, and if ROTK sweeps the Oscars.............IT'S PARTY TIME!!!!

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 11:13 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

You know, I should be happy, and I am. But for some reason, not that much. "Titanic" is good, yes. But in my opinion, the money they got is ridiculously too much. I can stand Harry Potter getting that much of a money, but "Titanic"? They could get hell lotta money too but not as to beat all the movies that is exceptionally better than it from wherever angle you look at.

But yeah, since this is about ROTK, congrats, and just like what I've said, I'm happy, just a little disappointed. You may say that I'm wishing for too much, but, hey, I don't care. stick out tongue

Last edited by shadowy_blue on Feb 11th, 2004 at 12:15 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 12:10 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PippinTook
Billeh <3

quote:
Originally posted by SilverFighter
Congratulations, and if ROTK sweeps the Oscars.............IT'S PARTY TIME!!!!

If??? *ahem* IF?!?!?!! What are you saying if for?? Don't you mean "when"? stick out tongue.....WHEN ROTK sweeps the Oscars big grin Because, as we all know, ROTK is definately going home with ALL 11 Oscars stick out tongue Less than three weeks people!! WATCH IT!!!! Pray for ROTK to win, even though we KNOW it will roll eyes (sarcastic) GO ROTK!!!

I think ROTK should have gotten more than HP though....I saw HP once in theaters and I saw ROTK five and counting big grin I've been trying to go but I have no one (with a car, mind you) to take me sad Ack it sucks not having a car....

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 12:18 AM
PippinTook is currently offline Click here to Send PippinTook a Private Message Find more posts by PippinTook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ohbloom
cute and single

hello everyone best of luck to rotk, it was a really nice movie and it wont be shocking if they won any grammys the show was great
bye y'all

Sig made by The One Himself

loverockLucky to be One of THE ULTIMATE SIXrocklove

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 12:30 AM
ohbloom is currently offline Click here to Send ohbloom a Private Message Find more posts by ohbloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

and this is as it should be smile

Offical Country Music Lover of Ravenclaw

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 12:48 AM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by PippinTook
If??? *ahem* IF?!?!?!! What are you saying if for?? Don't you mean "when"? stick out tongue.....WHEN ROTK sweeps the Oscars big grin Because, as we all know, ROTK is definately going home with ALL 11 Oscars stick out tongue Less than three weeks people!! WATCH IT!!!! Pray for ROTK to win, even though we KNOW it will roll eyes (sarcastic) GO ROTK!!!

I think ROTK should have gotten more than HP though....I saw HP once in theaters and I saw ROTK five and counting big grin I've been trying to go but I have no one (with a car, mind you) to take me sad Ack it sucks not having a car....

That's the spirit Pippin Took big grin remenber the golden globes was a good sign for ROTK. So ROTK is a favorite to win !!!!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 12:52 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

THE KING SHOULD BECOME THE SECOND BIGGEST FILM OF ALL TIME IN ABOUT ! AND HALF WEEKS, I WILL BE HERE TO REPORT!!!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 01:05 AM
manny321 is currently offline Click here to Send manny321 a Private Message Find more posts by manny321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

But I'm afraid ROTK already stopped showing in some of the theaters. sad

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 01:08 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

well du its playing 1800 theaters from 3700 8 weeks ago!!

Drown your face in a bowl of water!!!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 01:12 AM
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

but trust me it will make atleast another 20 million from US!!

Drown your face in a bowl of water!!!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 01:13 AM
conway

for whoever...return of the king isnt making as much as titanic because of one key thing that i have read..i think it was on this forum!? i dunno but its movie piracy,when titanic was around the internet wasnt evolved very much..but now it has evolved loads and people are watching movies 1- even 4months before they come into the cinemas!,if the internet hadnt evolved then...well its quite obvious..it would be over the 1 billion mark ALREADY!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:07 PM
conway is currently offline Click here to Send conway a Private Message Find more posts by conway Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

yep thats a main reason why, too many pirate copies cirulating roun nowadays, The Return of the King is still showing in Scotland and should be until about May/June till like last year wiuth the TT,

It should beat Harry Potter no problem, but however Titanic was a film about 95% of people wanted to go see it perhaps because its a love film - not to be sexest but every girl in my school hate LOTR, its somewhat "geekish" of a film.......this could be another reas (different genres),

also with Harry Potter - well it was a childrens film, if people under 11 years old (or so) went then that means there parents would have went along with them to see it I suppose.

Discos - nice siggy Mr Mannie

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:15 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.Dance_Inside.

YAY!!!! Lord of the rings rocks!!!!!

EDWARD CULLEN IS MY LIFE.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:21 PM
.Dance_Inside. is currently offline Click here to Send .Dance_Inside. a Private Message Find more posts by .Dance_Inside. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

indeed it does, and non of that pathetic rocks, big boulder/stones rocks....yeah

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:27 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Ellie

There are a lot of people who ask me what's so great about LOTR. When I tell them, they say that HP was BETTER and that LOTR is boring! I really don't understand that! There are also people who say that LOTR sucks, and they haven't even seen the movies or read the books.
I mean, first go SEE the movies and THEN tell me what you think of LOTR!!
And oh yeah, I almost forgot... LOTR ROCKS!!!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:29 PM
Lady Ellie is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Ellie a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Ellie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

there is a huge amount of understanding and patience which needs to be devoted to watch/read Understand......of course with an open imagination

Harry Potter quite sucks, decent story line but very childish in some cases

Discos - HP was so boring that I seen a lady knitting a scarf in the cinema whilst the movie was showing haha

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:32 PM
PippinTook
Billeh <3

quote:
Originally posted by Discos
yep thats a main reason why, too many pirate copies cirulating roun nowadays, The Return of the King is still showing in Scotland and should be until about May/June till like last year wiuth the TT,

It's still showing in the US...It'll probably be showing for a while, too big grin Hope so! I'm still trying to get someone to take me to see it again...I shall say this yet again: it sucks not being able to drive sad

quote:
It should beat Harry Potter no problem, but however Titanic was a film about 95% of people wanted to go see it perhaps because its a love film - not to be sexest but every girl in my school hate LOTR, its somewhat "geekish" of a film.......this could be another reas (different genres)

I am very fortunate to have tons of people in my school who like LOTR big grin I only have a few friends who are *ahem* extremely passionate (almost as much as me...hehe) about LOTR...Two are guys and the other's a girl. Everyone else just likes LOTR as a movie. They haven't read the books or anything. My "passionate about LOTR" buddies have seen the movies well over three times and have read the books many times. But some...other...people who (I still can't believe this, but...) actually hate LOTR don't like it because it's "stupid" or, as you said, Discos, "geekish." Believe me, I have had extremely long arguements with these non-LOTR fans about why they hate it and why it's an awesome movie/book. Eh stupid people still don't like it...They don't know what they're missing. Those young fools! May death come quick and painful upon thee! I mean, even if you don't like LOTR, you shouldn't go around announcing it, just waiting for me and my LOTR buddies to start arguing with them, like the fools at my school. Argggg. But, luckily, I have a teacher who likes LOTR so she can back me up big grin Students dare not argue with teachers...most of the time stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 09:54 PM