KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » rotk beats up Jurassic Park

rotk beats up Jurassic Park
Started by: manny321

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

Cool rotk beats up Jurassic Park

Brandon Gray from boxofficemojo.com writes: 'Return of the King' has eclipsed 'Jurassic Park' to become the 6th highest grossing domestic movie ever domestically. 'ROTK' achived the milestone on Monday, climbing to $357.4 million versus 'Jurassic Park's $357.1 million. However, this could be the highest 'ROTK' will chart domestically -- #5 'Spider-Man's $403.7 million should prove insurmountable for 'ROTK.'

Drown your face in a bowl of water!!!

Last edited by manny321 on Feb 19th, 2004 at 02:41 AM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 02:29 AM
manny321 is currently offline Click here to Send manny321 a Private Message Find more posts by manny321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

its also #2 all time worldwide!!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 02:42 AM
manny321 is currently offline Click here to Send manny321 a Private Message Find more posts by manny321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LegolasLover411
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sweet!!!!

Hiril Idril Ne'halma Mellyn nin': SAMIAM, OrlandoOYEA, Mr.Bacon,
Enya, Sauron, Exa, Iirma, azgulinthedark, Exa, Bloom4ever, Trickster,BingaBonga, White Lady, Alexryder ,and Isilcal.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 02:47 AM
LegolasLover411 is currently offline Click here to Send LegolasLover411 a Private Message Find more posts by LegolasLover411 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadow link
aka mr terwilleger

and what a number 2 soon to be only the second movie ever to pass the stil coveted lol 1 bill mark giving both hp's a good bashing and the top 5 looks quite nice now (coz of 2 lotr movies in there)

1 TITANIC
2 LOTR: ROTK woo hoo
3 HP number 1 (thats right the second didnt do as good)
4 LOTR: TT woo hoo
5 Jurassic park 1

and LOTR: FOTR just missing out at like number 7 or something but above hp 2 woo hoo - the 3rd hp is doomed to make even less

WORLD JUGGLING DAY JUNE 19

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 12:00 PM
shadow link is currently offline Click here to Send shadow link a Private Message Find more posts by shadow link Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

I have to agree that the second HP was sorta choppy..

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 12:14 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orlandoOYEA
Since When?

I think everyone was a little dissapointed with the HP movies, and once they saw the first, they refused to see the 2, 3 ,4 , ect.

Thank god lotr rocks the hizzous

made by cinemaddiction

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 12:18 PM
orlandoOYEA is currently offline Click here to Send orlandoOYEA a Private Message Find more posts by orlandoOYEA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nienna
nonexistent

HP was: no expression

GO LOTR!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 12:21 PM
Nienna is currently offline Click here to Send Nienna a Private Message Find more posts by Nienna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

yes. HP movies were a HUGE dissapointment, luckily LOTR ones just got better as the went, not worse like most movies do big grin

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 01:17 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

I know you guys will think I'm dumb but......I like Jarassic park better then LOTR. I love dinosaurs and Jarassic park is Killer dinosaurs! what could be better big grin

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 08:39 PM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nienna
nonexistent

Well...we respect your opinion. big grin But LOTR is my favorite...and hopefully always will be... stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 08:40 PM
Nienna is currently offline Click here to Send Nienna a Private Message Find more posts by Nienna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

and I also respect your opinion wink smile

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 08:52 PM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

6th highest grossing domestic movie ?

DOMESTIC?

director from New Zealand, filmed in NZ, edited in NZ, SFX in NZ,
cast from New Zealand/Australia/England
and like 2 actors from the US....

hmmmm...

the man they simply nicknamed 'oh @#$%' !!!

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 05:50 AM
Bar-en-Danwedh is currently offline Click here to Send Bar-en-Danwedh a Private Message Find more posts by Bar-en-Danwedh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
glaurung

Good point Bar, but i suspect that they're considering it as domestic because it was US FUNDED

I once got in a big arguement with a guy because i dared suggest that Jaguar were still British cars even though they were now owned by Ford

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 11:49 AM
glaurung is currently offline Click here to Send glaurung a Private Message Find more posts by glaurung Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

no domestic what it made in the US and CANADA and thats like 358 million dollars.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 12:22 PM
azszhz
I Have No Name

quote:
Originally posted by orlandoOYEA
I think everyone was a little dissapointed with the HP movies, and once they saw the first, they refused to see the 2, 3 ,4 , ect.

Thank god lotr rocks the hizzous

i must comfess actually that i would go see the 3rd cuz i have to know how they butchered it i just have to
maybe its just a curiousity problem but... it was my fav of the books

and YAY Rotd is the best movies ever!!!!!!!!!

battle and death, death and doom, doomed romance and death, and the occasional romantic doomed battle to the death

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 02:37 PM
azszhz is currently offline Click here to Send azszhz a Private Message Find more posts by azszhz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nazgūl-lord
Star Wars Junkie

amen to that
LOTR ROCKS!!!

big grinExa,Sauron,Kit,A.D,Smodden,MorgulLord,Tassie,pip-foot,Discos,Leggy_N_Merry,Thorondorbig grin

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 03:14 PM
nazgūl-lord is currently offline Click here to Send nazgūl-lord a Private Message Find more posts by nazgūl-lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Errr, that attempt to quibble on domestic is ludicrous. It was marketed at the US audience and financed by US money and in any case the term 'domestic' simply refers to its US takings, not where it was made.

And I will remind people that the straight numbers are misleading- you need to look at inlfation adjusted figures, in which ROTK is not in the top ten yet.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 03:25 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

inflataion is actually comparing admessions not money.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 08:31 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It is the more relevant figure.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 09:40 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote