KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Greatest Martial Artists

Greatest Martial Artists
Started by: SpyCspider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpyCspider

Greatest Martial Artists

Who represents the pinnacle? Here's some I can think of.

D.C.
1. Batman
2. Green Arrow II
3. Lady Shiva
4. Batgirl

Marvel
1. Iron Fist
2. Black Panther
3. Daredevil
4. Electra

I guess Punisher, Captain America, Deadpool, Nick Fury, and Silver Sable are all pretty up there as well

Old Post May 18th, 2004 02:15 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

There's that chinese prince master martial artist in marvel as well. I cant remember the guy's name. I think it's shang chi or something similar

Old Post May 18th, 2004 03:49 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Well, you missed some (who was that guy Lady Shiva hung around with? Bronze Tiger or something?), but discounting these relatively obscure characters, I'd say your DC list is pretty good. Can't really comment on the Marvel list, not being a fan.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 04:42 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

What about Vic Sage, The Question?

Old Post May 18th, 2004 04:50 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

yea 11in...Shang Chi...he is on the same level as iron fist....I dont think daredevil belongs on the top 4...since Stick's the one who taught him and electra how to fight....hahaha...silver sable? Deadpool?Punisher?my list for marvel:

1) Shang-Chi
2)Iron Fist
3) Stick
4) and then someone from The Hand

Old Post May 18th, 2004 09:52 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Hrm. I do not think that The Hand should be ranked so highly considering Daredevil and crew waded through what, 50 or so - and only lost a few men? Read Frank Miller's run.

No way Iron Fist and Shang Chi are **above** Stick. Shang Chi is perhaps on the same level as Stick; Iron Fist, definitely a eentsy notch below.

Silver Sable is indeed skilled in hand to hand combat wink

Not sure if this list is restricted to ALL practicioners of the artform or if those who solely concentrate on martial arts comprise the list. I will list all (that I can recall) who practice martial arts smile

Marvel (in no particular order):

1. Shang Chi
2. Gamora
3. Champion of the Universe
4. Iron Fist
5. Karnak
6. Moondragon
7. Black Panther
8. Captain America
9. Elektra
10. Bullseye
11. Stick
12. Stone
13. Shaft
14. Star
15. Wolverine
16. Silver Samurai
17. Batroc
18. The Badger
19. Lei Kung
20. Lady Deathstrike
21. Daredevil
22. Ogun

DC: (not too familiar with their martial artists)

1. Karate Kid!!! By ***far*** the very best martial artist. He'd kick Thor's ass WITH his hammer
2. Lady Shiva
3. Batgirl
4. Batman

Old Post May 18th, 2004 10:30 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

well not really sure how to place her but Black Cat is a decent hand to hand fighter not sure if she's par with anybody on that list tho I think she knows Karate and Judo and is a jymnist....

Old Post May 18th, 2004 10:38 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

ah hell I cant belive I spaced this one Blade has got to be a great martial artist right?

Old Post May 18th, 2004 10:42 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

hey Never, im not the most well knowledged when it come to the Hand...I jus thought that they would have some really great martial artists since they were like the main enemies of Stick's group of martial artists...yea i wasnt sure about iron fist either...it would make sense that a real asian like Shang Chi would be the best martial artist though...by the way....do u know the name of that crazy blonde guy who fights and kills for sport, that kicked the sh** out of wolverine not too long ago?

Old Post May 18th, 2004 10:43 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Ack, was not trying to condescend, Wynndar - just showing an example of why **I** personally have them much lower as a collective. Also keep in mind that they try to overwhelm Stick and crew via sheer numbers (which should tell you a little bit about their individual skills). I cannot think of the exact issue number, but try the Daredevil (if interested) issue with the yellow cover. You will see Daredevil jumping diagonally downward with tons of arrows being shot upward towards him. #187 or so? OOh no, found it:

(please log in to view the image)

Two more excellent goodies:

The best one that I recall was...hmm...Kit-something? Will have to dig the comic up later. Anywho, The Hand resurrected this character to...God, resurrect Elektra I think it was? Been a minute since I read the issue. He was pretty okay but he got chopped in half I think.

Not sure who the crazy blonde is you are referencing sad

Old Post May 18th, 2004 10:56 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Purely based on martial arts skills:

1. Ogun, Lady Shiva, Kirigi
2. Stone, Stick, Star, etc., Iron Fist
3. Elektra, Daredevil, Lord Shingen, Erynys
4. Bullseye, Batman, Silver Sammurai, Wolverine, Matsuo Tsurayaba, Kingpin, Black Panther, White Tiger
5. Typhoid Mary, Deadpool, Silver Sable, Robin, Nightwing, Ammo, Bullet, Punisher
6. Average Superhero

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 19th, 2004 06:17 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Irish Wolverine

Mr. X was the one you were thinking about, the crazy blonde guy

Old Post May 19th, 2004 06:40 AM
Irish Wolverine is currently offline Click here to Send Irish Wolverine a Private Message Find more posts by Irish Wolverine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

thanks Irish Wolvie!!!!....yea Mister X would be up there

Old Post May 19th, 2004 07:13 AM
Ninjamaster

Deadpool's pretty mean i seen a comic where he bust Wolvie's ass up pretty bad with some neat one liners to top it off!

Batman has got to be the greatest i mean he knows every single damn fighting art there is to know right...

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:21 AM
Ninjamaster is currently offline Click here to Send Ninjamaster a Private Message Find more posts by Ninjamaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

yea but compared to Shang-Chi, WOlverine and Deadpool r both just fodder

Old Post May 19th, 2004 11:09 AM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

LoL, Ogun is not above Lady Shiva by any stretch of the imagination.

Kirigi? The guy The Hand resurrected? Above Stone and Stick? Stone who can only be hurt (well, "penetrated" but that sounds...gross) from...behind? (wow, it just got worse)

Ogun, above Iron Fist? He was Wolverine's sensei. Good God that list is...interesting.

*shrug*

Old Post May 19th, 2004 12:45 PM
Jamaican

3. Elektra, Daredevil, Lord Shingen, Erynys
4. Bullseye, Batman, Silver Sammurai, Wolverine, Matsuo Tsurayaba, Kingpin, Black Panther, White Tiger
5. Typhoid Mary, Deadpool, Silver Sable, Robin, Nightwing, Ammo, Bullet, Punisher
6. Average Superhero

Just wondering, wouldn't Batman be at least in the 2nd line of Martial Artists? If memory serves me correctly, i think Never posted ( a couple weeks ago, might have been in the DD VS Batman topic) that Batman had recently downed Lady Shiva? Could be wrong. Ill have to check on that...

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post May 19th, 2004 02:37 PM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jamaican

Hmm. Couldn't find it, maybe i misinterpreted something. But i still THINK that Batman is better than the people in the 4th line. Now that i've done some research i realize he prob. doesnt belong in the 2nd, but i think in the 3rd...

But it makes you wonder, why isn't a man that knows over a 100 diff. Martial Art styles ranked higher??

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post May 19th, 2004 02:52 PM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

i dont think there is much use in mixing MU and DC in this thread....

Old Post May 19th, 2004 03:38 PM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by Jamaican
Just wondering, wouldn't Batman be at least in the 2nd line of Martial Artists? If memory serves me correctly, i think Never posted ( a couple weeks ago, might have been in the DD VS Batman topic) that Batman had recently downed Lady Shiva? Could be wrong. Ill have to check on that...

He did, in the new Superman/Batman series. The general consensus seems to be that Batman is not actually better than Lady Shiva, even if he beat her in one fight. The general consensus also seems to be that Batgirl is better than Lady Shiva because she beat her in one fight. I wouldn't worry too much about it; you'll just give yourself a headache.

Old Post May 19th, 2004 03:45 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote