KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » the similarities with I, Robot <<SPOILER>>

the similarities with I, Robot <<SPOILER>>
Started by: random task

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
super pr*xy

the similarities with I, Robot <<SPOILER>>

i have just seen I, Robot a couple of days ago. the resemblance to the plot of the matrix is extraordinary! first that i have notice, the truth of the one verusu the truth of the many. just like neo fought smith, sonny (the "killer bot") fought the NS-5's. and just like neo and smith, sonny and the NS-5's are in essence the same but opposites (hope that made sense). the way that sonny was chosen to do a special task just as with neo.

the next one is how B166ER and sonny killed. granted for disimilar reasons but "killers" none the less. also both of them were "scared" to be deleted and decommissioned.

the next is deus ex machina and viki, the brain of the machine world, the AI. the artificial intelligence that naturally evovled and had free will.

the next is the rules of the matrix and the 3 laws of robotics. both can be bent or be broken. if i say more, i will reveal too much of 'i,robot'

the most obvious one being man against machine. which is the main plot line of 'i, robot' and the matrix.

these are only the obvious similarities from both movies. too much typing and thinking to post the more subtle ones... if you have any additions please do...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 12:14 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

you're reading into it way too much...the story is very much different from what happend in the matrix or even TSR...the events leading up to TSR and the war in I,Robot were under completely different circumstances...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 07:14 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

yes

They're not related, stop trying to 'find' connections, because there are no true ones.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 07:34 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anywien
I'm a real boy.

You know what? Who cares? Every movie in existence will have some similarity to at least one other movie, if not more. If you want to go around picking all the similarities out, go ahead, but eventually you'll get tired of it.

Here's a lullaby to close your eyes...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 09:48 AM
Anywien is currently offline Click here to Send Anywien a Private Message Find more posts by Anywien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

relax people. i'm not sayig they are the same. both movies are way different from each other, i just find these similarities interesting. i know that "i robot" was written before, waaaay before the conception of the matrix. similar is not the same as, well, same...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 04:16 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

closed at the request of thread starter.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 09:16 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote