KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Terminal illness

Terminal illness
Started by: shaber

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shaber
schizoid

Question Terminal illness

Has anyone been diagnosed terminally ill or know someone who was? I is almost a year ago when I was. I was really in a sorry frame of mind for weeks afterwards! Someone said "to stop obsessing about the diagnosis and become proactive!" It just seemed absolutely incredible that not everyone was really concerned with the problem. I was just really angry more than anything else, really uncharacteristically ready to shout and stuff embarrasment And felt ready to vomit at the mention of further medical procedure. sick

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 12:58 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

sad

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 12:59 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

messed what's goin on with you?

I'm a signature!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 12:59 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

I have been diagnosed will a chronic disease

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 01:59 AM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

They diagnosed Dilated Cardio Myopathy.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 02:32 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

blink what's that shaber??? embarrasment

by Scythe

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 05:51 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FireTiger

*hug* my mom died from liver chirosis, and I have a sleeping disorder called Sleep Apnea...bascailly I stop breathing in my sleeo

"Where you are seems to be, as far as an eternity." -Maroon 5

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:12 AM
FireTiger is currently offline Click here to Send FireTiger a Private Message Find more posts by FireTiger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

dang thats severe, my heart bleeds for you both sad

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 04:33 PM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

That's horrible.

I'm so sorry.

Talking about it really helps, stay proactive as has been suggested, if the underlying problem cant be cured make sure those doctors do everything to treat the symptoms. Have you looked for a message board dedicated to Dilated Cardio Myopathy?

Talking to people with the same illness will really help.

I have several chronic diseases, many of which are very annoying and make life harder than say a normal person, but that's nothing compared to a terminal illness.

Fight it best you can! thumb up

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 01:03 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

sad

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 01:07 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

quote:
Originally posted by Tex
That's horrible.

I'm so sorry.

Talking about it really helps, stay proactive as has been suggested, if the underlying problem cant be cured make sure those doctors do everything to treat the symptoms. Have you looked for a message board dedicated to Dilated Cardio Myopathy?

Talking to people with the same illness will really help.

I have several chronic diseases, many of which are very annoying and make life harder than say a normal person, but that's nothing compared to a terminal illness.

Fight it best you can! thumb up

Wow Texsad...I had no idea...Good luckthumb up

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 02:23 AM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote