KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Free server with FTP?

Free server with FTP?
Started by: Peka

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peka
Restricted

Account Restricted

Free server with FTP?

hey - i've setup an account at "agreatserver.com", but it won't accept my password when accessing the FTP site. Continued requests to customer service go unanswered (and there's no help section).

Do you know of any good free servers that utilize FTP? geocities is good but you can only upload 20 files at a time, and it's a slow process.

Any help is appreciated!

i've requested that this account be deleted, and will not respond to PMs or responses.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 02:28 AM
Peka is currently offline Click here to Send Peka a Private Message Find more posts by Peka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

um....sorry, I have no idea.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 02:35 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Then don't post roll eyes (sarcastic)

www.1asphost.com - I use that, 100 MB of free space/unlimited bandwidth. Excellent site. Not FTP, but worth a mention wink

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 02:47 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peka
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks for the replies . . .

smile

How do you upload your files to the site? I have a graphics heavy website, and hate spending FOREVER uploading 50 graphics per page 20 at a time . . . when with FTP you can just drag them over . . .

Thanks!

i've requested that this account be deleted, and will not respond to PMs or responses.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 03:10 AM
Peka is currently offline Click here to Send Peka a Private Message Find more posts by Peka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

50free.com is pretty good, they give you 50 MB of space and a subdomain and if I remember right it uses FTP. Geocities is absolute crap, I used it for years before I finally shelled out the money for my own server. Well worth it yes

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 03:58 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Ah PEKA is looking for a new home for us yippee!!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 06:23 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peka
Restricted

Account Restricted

50free isn't takign new members until January 2004. uhhhhhh . . . . huh? (counts backwards)

Do you guys need a new home? This ones seems to be doing just fine!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 01:52 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

no no....I'm a member at Yavin dear......spadesmamma61 ring a bell? LOL and I haven't been able to get into Yavin for days again sad

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 02:42 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by Peka
Thanks for the replies . . .

smile

How do you upload your files to the site? I have a graphics heavy website, and hate spending FOREVER uploading 50 graphics per page 20 at a time . . . when with FTP you can just drag them over . . .

Thanks!
With 1asphost.com, all you do is zip your grapcics in a .zip file, and upload that. It'll automatically unzip them all for you smile

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 03:55 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peka
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
no no....I'm a member at Yavin dear......spadesmamma61 ring a bell? LOL and I haven't been able to get into Yavin for days again sad

Oh DUH! Sorry Mamma, I didn't recognize your screen name, but I should have recognized your avatar!

I've been able to get on Yavin4 today - no luck for you?

geocities.com/yavin4rebels

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 05:42 PM
Peka
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy
With 1asphost.com, all you do is zip your grapcics in a .zip file, and upload that. It'll automatically unzip them all for you smile

excellent. i'll check it out. thank you!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 05:43 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

No problem, Peka. And for free domains, check out www.dot.tk smile

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 05:44 PM
Peka
Restricted

Account Restricted

well i signed up with iaphost, and now it doesn't recognize my user name and i can't log in.

AUGH.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 04:19 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Did you supply a valid email? You need to activate it first. You may have mistyped a letter; none of my friends or myself have ever had problems with 1asphost.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 05:36 PM