KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Stars & Celebrities » Jessica Alba sues Playboy

Jessica Alba sues Playboy
Started by: Darth_Erebus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Erebus
The End

Jessica Alba sues Playboy

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 09:47 PM
Darth_Erebus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Erebus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Erebus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

She seems to have a real problem with the idea of becoming famous due to her body rather than her ''acting skills'', as she's said before. Which is quite ironic considering her last two major roles have required her to spend the entire film in a bikini (Into The Blue), and on stage in cowboy chaps gyrating her hips (Sin City).

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 10:11 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katie_girl09

laughing out loud How true!!!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 12:37 AM
katie_girl09 is currently offline Click here to Send katie_girl09 a Private Message Find more posts by katie_girl09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Erebus
The End

Jessica Alba has acting skills? Not from what I've seen.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 01:31 AM
Darth_Erebus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Erebus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Erebus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deathblow
She seems to have a real problem with the idea of becoming famous due to her body rather than her ''acting skills'', as she's said before. Which is quite ironic considering her last two major roles have required her to spend the entire film in a bikini (Into The Blue), and on stage in cowboy chaps gyrating her hips (Sin City).

Come now, there was Fantastic Four. She... no wait, there was the "walking around in a skin-tight jump suit" and the "bra and panties bridge scene."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 04:08 AM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Jessica Alba has acting skills? Not from what I've seen.

Are you just saying that to fit in? I think she has genuinely decent acting skill which will improve with age. What have you seen that supports your case? I've seen Sin City and Fantastic Four and she was good in both.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 05:00 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Erebus
The End

Originally posted by Nevermind
Are you just saying that to fit in? I think she has genuinely decent acting skill which will improve with age. What have you seen that supports your case? I've seen Sin City and Fantastic Four and she was good in both.

No, I'm not saying that to "fit in". She's a gorgeous babe with mediocre acting skills. I've seen her in Dark Angel, The Sleeping Dictionary (her best performance), Sin City, Fantastic Four, and Into the Blue. Good looking woman but Meryl Streep she isn't, actingwise.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 06:23 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Alba has generic acting skills, but anyone who thinks that she would be anywhere near as popular as she is if it she didn't have her looks is incredibly naive (herself included).

All of the roles she's been in have been predominantly based on her attrativeness.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 07:21 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sammii

jessica alba has appeared in films wearing (not very much)

but there the main films shes being offered n she has to accept otherwise her acting career would be down the drain , honey thats an exapmle of her acting skills

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 04:59 PM
sammii is currently offline Click here to Send sammii a Private Message Find more posts by sammii Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I did a search on her and I've only seen one movie she's ever done (Idle Hands), but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that her acting skills are only slightly better than the acting skills of a pile of squirrel vomit.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 05:11 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katie_girl09

Originally posted by Nevermind

She's like, what, 25? If her acting isn't very good now, chances are they aren't gonna be good anytime soon...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 06:49 PM
katie_girl09 is currently offline Click here to Send katie_girl09 a Private Message Find more posts by katie_girl09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Originally posted by sammii
jessica alba has appeared in films wearing (not very much)

but there the main films shes being offered n she has to accept otherwise her acting career would be down the drain , honey thats an exapmle of her acting skills

Not really. Dancing skills, yes, acting skills, hardly. She's not a terrible actress, she's just utterly mediocre in every way. It's been said before, and I'll say it again: if it wasn't for the fact that she's been blessed with a body that appears to be straight out of Greek mythology, she'd still be making cheap B-movies and probably praying she'd be offered the chance to do a centerfold for Playboy.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 09:35 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I'm closing this but you guys can discuss it in her thread if you choose to do so smile

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 01:13 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote