KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Wicked - The Musical

Wicked - The Musical
Started by: Lost_Again

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lost_Again
Ultimate Disaster Area

Wicked - The Musical

Hi. I'm not used to making threads, but, there's just one musical that i am nuts about for now. It's called Wicked and its about the witch- the evil one from the wizard of oz- and it tracks her whole life and it turns out she wasnt originally evil. As this witch grows up, she tries to be good, but her good deeds always end up being ruined and turn into bad deeds. The town arouses suspicion that she is evil, and they plot to kill her.

A grown woman, the witch known as Elphaba (the wicked one if youre not following) falls in love with someone called Fiyero, who is eventually taken away to be hanged. Dont know what for. Basically, the loss of her loved one forces her to seek revenge and give up on her good deeds and submit to her evil being.

The citizens of the town in which she lives agree that this witch is wicked and they attempt to hunt and kill her. They hang her, but she survives and the good fairy advises her to leave Oz forever and the wicked witch of the west is never seen again.

Good huh? Funky! stick out tongue If youve seen this then just say what it was like and if youve never heard of it before feel free to ask questions. Ta!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 06:31 PM
Lost_Again is currently offline Click here to Send Lost_Again a Private Message Find more posts by Lost_Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Wow, that sounds really cool. Is it on DVD?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 06:43 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

my music teacher saw that, she said it was good

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 06:45 PM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lost_Again
Ultimate Disaster Area

No its not on dvd because its a broadway production. Plus if one of my friends knew it was on dvd he'd steal it if they had to! He loves this musical. I borrowed the soundtrack from him. and i'm singin a song that Elphaba sings in the musical. It's called 'No Good Deed'. It's a really powerful song so after practicing my throat feels like ive been swallowing glass or something! I'll live. happy

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 07:03 PM
Lost_Again is currently offline Click here to Send Lost_Again a Private Message Find more posts by Lost_Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lost_Again
Ultimate Disaster Area

so what other musicals do you like? has anyone seen it?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 04:23 PM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Blah blah blah crap

One little spark...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 04:29 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

I've heard songs, and only a few and I love the ones I've heard. My fav is Defying Gravity so far, the person who plays the Wicked witch can sing!

Offical Country Music Lover of Ravenclaw

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 02:05 AM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote