KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magneto | X-Man

Who would be the victor?
This poll is closed.
Nate Grey 11 61.11%
Erik Magnus Lenshierr 7 38.89%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Magneto | X-Man
Started by: HarmoNiC FLo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

Magneto | X-Man

Nate Grey : Full control over powers.

Erik Magnus Lenshierr : Full potential. to balance it out, lets acknoledge Magneto's experience.

Disc Us.

Attachment: xmanmagneto.jpg
This has been downloaded 159 time(s).

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:06 AM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

i dont think there is nearly as much fun to have with this as was the magneto vs hulk thread. when you think about it mags would be immune to psi attacks cuz of his helmet. and techinically the way magneto wraps objects in electromagnetic bubbles(even nonmetals) mimic telekiniesis so it would boil down to who can lift heavier stuff to drop on each other.

but X-man does have that reality warping thing going for him tho, but on the other hand unless he shileds himself with a teke-field mags would have free reign on his blood. but i know that someone will say yes he sheilds himself with a teke-field

but alas this one goes to xman

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:26 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paptimus
Can't keep away from EBay

Magneto may be able to protect himself from low-level telepaths, but he's not wearing Juggernaut's helmet here, and Nate Grey is the single most powerful psi in the entire Marvel pantheon. Needless to say, the Master of Magnetism is quite outclassed. There's a first time for everything.

"Oh, I don’t know about that… you just have to be born lucky, I guess." - Longshot, to Domino, X-Force #59

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 03:27 AM
Paptimus is currently offline Click here to Send Paptimus a Private Message Find more posts by Paptimus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

Magneto isn't " immune " to psionic attacks. He merely has degree of resistance against it due to his helmet. It shields him from most psionic attacks. But we're talking about X-Man here. He's way more potent than the Dark Phoenix and Xavier combined. He'd have little trouble ripping through Magnus' mind and having his way with him. It's a long battle and I've got to take some time to think about it. Magneto is NEVER one to be taken lightly. I don't care who you are.

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 03:27 AM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Not more then Dark pheonix. Your underating D.P.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 03:49 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

Yes, more than the Dark Phoenix. It's confirmed in Cable issue #29. Read and understand. Moira Mactaggart states that Nate Grey's energy levels are more than likely above those of the Dark Phoenix.

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 03:54 AM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Moira mctaggart is wrong. A lot.

Dark pheonix = feared throughout galaxy.

X-man = feared throughout earth.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 03:56 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YourBiggestFan

read on one comic that magneto can further more protect himself from psi attack with his Force Field, nothing is going thru.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 05:47 AM
YourBiggestFan is currently offline Click here to Send YourBiggestFan a Private Message Find more posts by YourBiggestFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

yes magneto has resistance against telepathy (without his helmet), but we are talking about nate grey the most powerful telepath in earth, and yes nate would win this one.

if this was an all mighty magneto that could protect himself against nate´s telepathy i think he could take him down.

dark phoenix would beat nate grey.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 05:26 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

first of all , nate IS more powerful than dark pheonix, secondly, nate and franklin richards are the two most powerful mutants in the world, and magneto probably is like somewhere in the top 5, so, after a hard fight{maybe}, nate shoves magneto's own helmet up his ass.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 11:08 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Nate can destroy the entire universe? If not then how is he more powerful than Pheonix?

Either way the thread does say Magneto at "full potential." So if his magnetism can afford him some psychic protection then it's reasonable to assume that a "full potential" Magneto could do something in his defense.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 11:16 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

yea he could, infact he might even be able to do something about most of the telepaths but not against nate fer heaven's sake, and dark pheonix was given SOME power of the PHEONIX FORCE, and it was the pheonix force that was a threat to all of existance, not dark pheonix, dark pheonix was just a manifestation of that force with only a hint of its powers. any way, even without telepathy nate can produce destructive psionic spikes, generate illusions, create extremely destructive reactions in matter, and even rip a mino paradox in time{and he could do all this when he wasnt even able to control, let alone, master his powers}, hes also a great telekenetic. hell he destroyed half a state with a single large scale psionic burst, not to ,mention that he FORCED XAVIER, XAVIER! out of the astral plane, something that xavier had belived, was impossible.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 11:49 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

and this he did WITHOUT even having enough control over his power to keep his own powers from harming him, just imagine what he would become when he had FULL control over his powers.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 11:50 AM
leonheartmm

neway, even without the control of his power, he beat the living crap out of apoaclypse until his submission and he wouldv killed him if cyclops hadnt talked him out of it.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 11:53 AM
Loot

nate is one of the most powrful mutants in earth, dark pheonix is one of the most powerful beings in the universe.

nate would beat regular magneto, we would have to make an update on magneto character, making him god-level like nate, so he would be able to beat him or at least make a fight that would last for ever.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 02:45 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Again, the thread says "full potential." This is a "god-like" Magneto we're talking about. Please take this into consideration.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 06:07 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

i did

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 07:59 AM
leonheartmm

yea, but for all we know, nate was GOD LIKE, before he even had enough control to stop his powers from harming himself, he even beat apocalypse without havin much control of his powers{hell, do you remeber when he fought cable, cable managed to infuriate him too much and that made him OVERLOAD and lose conciousness, if it wasnt for cable's help, he might have been seriously hurt , or killed, thats just how little control he had over his power} so just imagine what he would become when he DID HAVE FULL CONTROL of his powers.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 03:09 PM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

i didnt take the full potential thing into consideration. that being said i think magneto wouldnt fall so quickly, bcuz remember mags has shown to have a very limited command of telepathy, so him at a godlike level would probably mean that his telepathy could possibly elevate to a "normal" jean grey level. which could further make him impervious to psi attacks.

however, when charcters have telekinesis like nate does, they basically have psionic control over all matter on all levels, but nate being the telekinetic supreme of the MU, im sure he surpasses the conventional levels of matter manipulation. so he would certainly have the same if not a more profound level of control over magnetism that magneto does. plus he could unmake anything mags can concoct.

as much as i like to argue for magneto, even with his godlike power level, i only see him convincingly defending himself for a very long time, perhaps even landing quite a few devastating blows along the way but he would just be merely delaying the inevitable. cuz nate with FULL control of his powers is unstoppable. he could proably F around and create life. at that level he's on par with any major cosmic being, without himself being cosmic.

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 06:54 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

Well said manjaro.

I was trying to make it equal but still have argumentable value by giving nate full control over his power and giving magneto a full potential. magneto may have protection from psi attacks but nate's powers' are too much to fully hold back. plus those psi attacks are only telepathic, nate is tha most powerfull telekinetic too - which itself is equal or aguably superior to a full potential magneto.

However magneto has tons more experience and genius. i know for a damn fact that he wont be easy to defeat, but in tha long run it will probably go to X-Man.

So, with that said [unless you disagree]...wut do you guys think about a regular match-up? a nate grey with medium control over his vast powers and a magneto with medium power levels?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 09:40 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote