KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Saving Private Ryan

Saving Private Ryan
Started by: ash007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ash007
Strength and Honour

Sleep Saving Private Ryan

I just been watching Saving Private Ryan a excellent film filled with hope.

Even if i have seen the film alot of times this is the first time it made me cry

I would also like to thank all the men and women who are fighting for us in Iraq evn if i don't agree with the war my strenght goes out to them.

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 11:57 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

keep it about the movie, NOT iraq!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 11:58 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

nope i just pointing out my views becaasuse the it effected the way i watched the movie.

go a problem so what tell a mod

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:12 AM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it's a MOVIE DISCUSSION section, please stick to a movie than
as far as I wrong, there is not a movie made of the second gulf war

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:17 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

ok not your problem

first of THIS MOVIE brought out memories of Iraq

I was discussing my FEELINGS of how the movie went.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:18 AM
yerssot

nice, but your feelings have no place here wink

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:21 AM
ash007
Strength and Honour

yeah i bit where does it say on the rules that i can't express my feelings.

This thread was meant about the movie Saving Private Ryan and how people felt after watching the film.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:23 AM
yerssot

yes, and with iraq you're getting too close to politics, and particulary that topic is very touchy

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:28 AM
ash007
Strength and Honour

hey i was not talking about politics

and please yo uare not a mod

got a problem call a mod

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:29 AM
yerssot

I don't have a phonenumber of one wink

you weren't no, but you mentioned Iraq and sooner or later another member is bound to pick in on that and we're off to some trollingmatches again, I'm just trying to help out y'know

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:30 AM
ash007
Strength and Honour

ok then i dont want to get into a fight with you mate i normally respect your views but this time i have to disagree with them

lets leave it at that

and i hope people can talk about the film now

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:33 AM
yerssot

sure; I disliked it big grin

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:35 AM
ash007
Strength and Honour

why wink

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:36 AM
yerssot

stupid story, just to make another warmovie, nothing really new.
just like there being numerous other less famous warmovies about the same

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:39 AM
ash007
Strength and Honour

why is it stupid

i mean i loved the story

because WW2 actually happned and people died
so i think it remindined modern people about war and how its not a game and that people really do die

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:41 AM
yerssot

the story of getting a guy out of the war cause some brothers of his died

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:43 AM
ash007
Strength and Honour

yes

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 12:57 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
it's a MOVIE DISCUSSION section, please stick to a movie than
as far as I wrong, there is not a movie made of the second gulf war

Technically, the "Jessica Lynch" made for television movie. No need to rip him a new one, he was just saying thanks as an aside, and not to start a conversation in regards to the war.

Anywho. "Saving Private Ryan" is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's an original, superbly accurate war movie, filled with A-listers and cameos. I don't know of many people who enjoy war movies who didn't like this one. They are actually re-releasing the DVD in a set with 3 other WW2 Spielberg documentary movies.

I love all his war related work, and "Schindler's List" will be makng it to my DVD rack come Tuesday.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 07:03 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

The movie is ok IMO, its has good moments but its waaaay to long for the story it has.Yes going in to the heat of the war to get 1 guy is pretty stupid messed

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 09:32 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

saving private ryan is one of the best and most created movie of all time. It had one of the best stories and most of all the most realistic movie of all time. If Lord of the Rings was not made into a movie this would be my favorite movie although its my second and yerrsot or whatever u dont no jack about war and its time. so i disagree with u there

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 09:34 PM
cgtuna21 is currently offline Click here to Send cgtuna21 a Private Message Find more posts by cgtuna21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote