This decade is coming to an end. Post your favorite songs and albums of the decade. I don't expect people to post as many as I did.
I'll add my top albums later.
50. A Premonition by Katatonia
49. The Stars are Projectors by Modest Mouse
48. Roulette Dares (The Haunt of) by The Mars Volta
47. Into the Hollow by Queens of the Stone Age
46. Kimdracula by Deftones
45. Silent Shout by The Knife
44. Intervention by Arcade Fire
43. Fearless by The Bravery
42. Sigur 4 (Untitled) by Sigur Ros
41. Baby's First Coffin by The Dillinger Escape Plan
40. Ever by Team Sleep
39. Method Acting by Bright Eyes
38. Sit down. Stand up by Radiohead
37. Unretrofied by The Dillinger Escape Plan
36. Human After All by Daft Punk
35. Dungeoneering by Tim Hecker
34. Strange Lights by Deerhunter
33. The Birth and Death of the Day by Explosions in the Sky
32. The Well and the Lighthouse by Arcade Fire
31. Nude by Radiohead
30. Without You I'm Nothing by Placebo
29. Travel is Dangerous by Mogwai
28. Dr. Strangeluv by Blonde Redhead
29. In the Flowers by Animal Collective
28. How Near How Far by Trail of Dead
27. Trains by Porcupine Tree
26. Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz
25. Blinded by Blood by Ulver
24. Saffron Revolution by Fennesz
23. Semaphore by Kinski
22. The Hawthorne Passage by Agalloch
21. Heart in the Hand of the Matter by Trail of Dead
20. Bird Gurl by Antony and the Johnsons
19. The Way to Heaven by Buckethead
18. When We Were Young by The Killers
17. Earth Heals Herself by Buckethead
16. Graveyard Girl by M83
15. Isolation Years by Opeth
14. Up by M83
13. Heartattack in a Layby by Porcupine Tree
12. Triggering Back by Benoit Pioulard
11. Breathe Me by Sia
10. John Wayne Gacy, Jr. by Sufjan Stevens
9. Breathe by Telepopmusik
8. Hope There's Someone by Antony and the Johnsons
7. Perfume for Winter by Fennesz
6. Heart Songs by Weezer
5. Hope Leaves by Opeth
4. Six Days at the Bottom of the Ocean by Explosions in the Sky
3. Signs by Bloc Party
2. Reckoner by Radiohead
1. Eos by Ulver
20. Electric Tears by Buckethead
19. Self-Titled by Team Sleep
18. Damnation by Opeth
17. Geogaddi by Boards of Canada
16. LIFTED of The Story is in the Soil... by Bright Eyes
15. Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots by The Flaming Lips
14. Sea Change by Beck
13. The Moon & Antarctica by Modest Mouse
12. Turn on the Bright Lights by Interpol
11. Drukqs by Aphex Twin
10. In Rainbows by Radiohead
9. I am a Bird Now by Antony and The Johnsons
8. Funeral by Arcade Fire
7. Merriweather Post Pavillion by Animal Collective
6. Harmony In Ultraviolet by Tim Hecker
5. Discovery by Daft Punk
4. Silent Shout by The Knife
3. The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place by Explosions in The Sky
2. Is This It by The Strokes
1. Ágætis Byrjun by Sigur Ros
Last edited by Eon Blue on Oct 8th, 2009 at 02:54 AM
yeah yeah yeahs it's blitz
yeah yeah yeahs show your bones
their other one which the name i cant remember
arctic monkeys whatever people say i am thats whatim not
kasabian west ryder pauper lunatic aslyum
21st Century Break Down by Green Day
Little Voice by Sara Barielles
The Fame by Lady Gaga (Paparazzi FTW!)
Capricorn by Jay Chou
My Lonely Town by the B'z
Rainism by Bi Rain
Mes Courants Electriques by Alizee
Those have been some of my favorites for this decade.
Snakes And Arrows - Rush
The Human Equation - Ayreon
01011001 - Ayreon
Everything by Jack White this decade...
Anonymous - Tomahawk
In Rainbows - Radiohead
Everything by Muse so far...
Funeral - Arcade Fire
Neon Bible - Arcade Fire
Doomsday Afternoon - Phideaux
We will start with that....I will add more later.
Albums in no particular order, not counting rereleases and counting 2001 as the start of the decade, One album per band-
Garbage-Bleed Like Me
Vaselines-Enter The Vaselines
Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine-The Audacity of Hype
Nirvana-With The Lights Out
Adolescents-Live at the House of Blues
Sonic Youth-The Eternal
The Lovemakers-Times of Romance
Best Songs of the Decade (one per band, must be first released in the decade)-
Garbage-Right Between the Eyes
Nirvana-Do Re Mi
Songs best fitting the decade (released any time)-
Dead Kennedys-A Growing Boy Needs His Lunch
Wipers-When It's Over
Jello Biafra-Electronic Plantation
Adolescents-Guns Of September
Sonic Youth-Confusion Is Next
The Vaselines-No Hope
Young Marble Giants-Music For Evenings
Mazzy Star-Into Dust
__________________ Land of the free, home of the brave...
Do you think we will ever be saved?
In this land of dreams find myself sober...
Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?
I know I'm going to get bashed by "true metalheads" but I want to say deathcore. I dont mean poser deathcore bands like TDWP or BMTH, deathcore bands like Despised Icon: Chelsea Grin, The Red Chord, Black Dahlia Murder, Job for a Cowboy, Whitechapel, Her Demise My Rise (Either Coco or Cameron as vocalists).
I'm not saying I dont listen to other metal bands. I ****ing love death metal, black metal, metalcore, grindcore, heavy metal, metal, ect.
"True" metalheads are acting like... never mind. I cant bash religion (Christianity) on these forums.
Anyways, I love deathcore. If you can't tell the difference in bands then how can you say 80's heavy metal bands are any better. Hell, all of those bands (most of those bands) sound the same. I can tell the difference in deathcore bands though. That's my opinion though.
__________________ It was not impossible to build Rapture at the bottom of the ocean. It was impossible to build it anywhere else.
A few that I like, but haven't yet been mentioned: Stankonia by Outkast, The Sophtware Slump by Grandaddy, Deltron 3030 by Deltron 3030, The W by Wu Tang Clan, Think Tank by Blur, Chutes Too Narrow by The Shins, Sharpen Your Teeth by Ugly Casanova, Up the Bracket by The Libertines, You Forgot it in People by Broken Social Scene.