KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Why Do You Like Horror Movies?

Why Do You Like Horror Movies?
Started by: papabeard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Question Why Do You Like Horror Movies?

Why do you like Horror Movies, what is it about them that interests you, and makes you watch so many?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 07:33 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

Just the total atmosphere and the creativity involved in em' i guess smile

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 10:23 PM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

cos i like to see people die horrible deaths evil face

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 10:58 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

They're a good release. Period.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 11:53 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

For many different reasons. The main reason is pure entertainment. And also because I'm a bit masochistic.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 01:41 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cheech79
Restricted

Account Restricted

cause i like it
stop harrasing me

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 02:01 AM
cheech79 is currently offline Click here to Send cheech79 a Private Message Find more posts by cheech79 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

like C-Dic said, they're great release. the cinematic punching bag if you will. plus i'm a bit of a gore hound

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 09:03 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

It's that rush when something unexpected happens. Sure, you're scared, but it's invigorating.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 01:34 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Why do you think you like to be scared?
What is it about the gore that interests you?
Why do you think certain horror movies are effective in scaring you?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 05:06 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

as far as the "why do you want to be scared" i'm gonna rip off the great Anthony Hopkins if i may, he puts it so well.

people like to get put in a controlled environment and have a scare so when they leave the theater or turn off the tv, they see that life is still good and that these things arn't in real life. Whats the first thing people do when they see a baby? BOO!

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 12:06 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azrael01
Belarius

Ever since horror movies scared me as a kid I have been adicted to geting scared its a adreniline rush. After a while the movies aren't scary but you still keep going waiting for the big scare. Its the same at least for me with tattoos when in pain or afraid you get a rush and it is controled.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 01:38 AM
Azrael01 is currently offline Click here to Send Azrael01 a Private Message Find more posts by Azrael01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Well, I don't get scared by horrors, though there have been a few that mildly disturbed me.

Why do I like horror movies? I like the way Dean put it, 'cause I like to see people die horrible deaths. Ever since I got into horror, action has a less appeal to me. For they are both similar, the difference being horror can be a lot more graphic and rarely uses guns (which action uses 99% of the time).

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 01:57 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhoKnows?
Haunted.

a good way to use fiction in a way of showing ones personal fears.
ok i have no idea why. i just like them. im never scared is the weird part...

I can't breathe,
I can't speak,
I can't live,
With no one there.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 12:57 PM
WhoKnows? is currently offline Click here to Send WhoKnows? a Private Message Find more posts by WhoKnows? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BREN

ive loved horror movies ever since my family bought a vcr in 1980,i mean so much so that i have a massive collection that is increasing every week,i own movies from all around the globe,i dont just watch horror movies i watch ever kind of movie,but my forte is horror every movie i own is the uncut version,i do not buy cut or bootleg movies,the total is now coming up to the 6500 mark,but i have been collecting since 1983,why do i love horror movies its hard to say probably because most are complete fantasy i allso like to see how many inventive ways the filmaker can kill some1,lol,im a GORE HOUND,what can i say ?

Last edited by BREN on Feb 19th, 2005 at 04:08 PM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 04:06 PM
BREN is currently offline Click here to Send BREN a Private Message Find more posts by BREN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhoKnows?
Haunted.

my cool aunt has a whole collection of the halloween movies. anybody wanna watch?

I can't breathe,
I can't speak,
I can't live,
With no one there.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 05:41 PM
WhoKnows? is currently offline Click here to Send WhoKnows? a Private Message Find more posts by WhoKnows? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jennifer_Tilly
~*Sexy*~

I love horror movies I love to get scared!
BTW Evanescence rocks!!!

*~The Vampire with a Soul!~*

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 07:54 PM
Jennifer_Tilly is currently offline Click here to Send Jennifer_Tilly a Private Message Find more posts by Jennifer_Tilly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhoKnows?
Haunted.

i just do it because i love the creepy feeling i get, but i dont really get scared, anybody see house on haunted hill?

I can't breathe,
I can't speak,
I can't live,
With no one there.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 12:56 PM
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

quote:
Originally posted by tpaquin
It's that rush when something unexpected happens. Sure, you're scared, but it's invigorating.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Plus I'm a sas, sadistic little man evil face

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 01:46 PM
TedO is currently offline Click here to Send TedO a Private Message Find more posts by TedO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhoKnows?
Haunted.

nice pic of freddy.

I can't breathe,
I can't speak,
I can't live,
With no one there.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 04:29 PM
ResEvil_4ever
Resident Evil 4 ever

I like them because i like to feel scared and i like gorey movies and usally the ones where the guy uses a chain saw or an ax to kill someone.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 08:07 PM
ResEvil_4ever is currently offline Click here to Send ResEvil_4ever a Private Message Find more posts by ResEvil_4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote