KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » The Missing Horcrux (spoiler alert)

The Missing Horcrux (spoiler alert)
Started by: DarkRiku13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quincy
Debaser

The Missing Horcrux (spoiler alert)

Spoilers perhaps!.............................................................................................. Ok in one of J.K Rowlings interviews posted on this site, she says that there is a horcrux that no one knows about. She says if you re-read the book you might figure it out. I was thinking, could the horcrux be harry's scar?

Sig by Scribble

Last edited by RoguePw25 on Aug 7th, 2005 at 08:51 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 03:05 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

I was thinking this also...something to do with Harry....who better to make a Horcrux into than the one who is supposedly destined to destroy you?

It'd tie together the parts with Harry sharing visions with not only Voldemort, but also Nagini (if Nagini turns out to be a Horcrux too).

I havent read that book for ages, did they ever explain why Harry had a connection with the snake?

But anyways, theres enough to put together for a valid argument having Harry as a Horcrux.

(Could the first post be edited a bit so the page isnt so wide?)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 09:01 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fwiw187

I totally agree with you guys... that is what i was think also.... now, is snape good or bad.. i THink good

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 05:33 PM
Fwiw187 is currently offline Click here to Send Fwiw187 a Private Message Find more posts by Fwiw187 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

I think Snape is bad, and im pretty sure Harry is not a horcrux

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 05:45 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Snape good, Harry not horcrux because he would have to destroy himself before destroying Moldy Voldy.... ain't happenin'.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 07:31 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GraciePoo

i dunno i definitely wouldnt put it past JK, shes a trickster... smile

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 08:48 PM
GraciePoo is currently offline Click here to Send GraciePoo a Private Message Find more posts by GraciePoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

you have to admit that would be absolutely crazy. Voldemort would be wicked smart to make a horcrux as the one person who can destroy you. It's the smartest idea voldy could make.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 09:36 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

But also kind of stupid because, and i really can see this, Voldemort would know that Harry would kill himself, leaving that Horcrux easy to destory. Besides, hasn't Voldemort been trying to kill Harry?

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 09:56 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NightCrawler341
But also kind of stupid because, and i really can see this, Voldemort would know that Harry would kill himself, leaving that Horcrux easy to destory. Besides, hasn't Voldemort been trying to kill Harry?
this is all very confusing.
Snape good, Harry not horcrux because he would have to destroy himself before destroying Moldy Voldy.... ain't happenin'.
I agree on that one though

Previously Hermione202 and Midnight_Miss

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 12:19 AM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by Fwiw187
I totally agree with you guys... that is what i was think also.... now, is snape good or bad.. i THink good

Go find another thread for that.

Maybe Voldemort doesnt know? He didnt know some of his powers transferred to Harry, maybe he became a Horcrux somehow?

Or maybe he does know, and Harry became a Horcrux accidentally or something, and Voldemort is trying to kill Harry to remove that Horcrux because its too dangerous to leave it inside the person whos trying to destroy you?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 12:53 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Okay, so if Harry was one of the horcruxes, then was was the Dark Lord trying to kill him in the first book, the second book, the fourth, and the fifth??? Why would he kill someone that as his soul in??? I believe Snape is good, he was only acting on Dumbledore's orders. He said something like he didn't want to and Dumbledore said that he must or something like that. I don't remember clearly.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 01:10 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

well I think harry's scar is the horcrux. The fact that voldemort tried to kill him so many times is because he knew ultimately he couldn't lose. If potter beat him, he'd still have the other horcruxes. It wouldn't matter if Potter beat him. It's a win-win situation for voldemort. I think he really does know that it will ultimately come down to Harry vs Voldemort to the death, and he has the advantage. The only was that voldemort can die is if harry and ALL THE horcruxes are destroyed. Not just harry.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 01:43 AM
Cepheus

I think it's very possible... I would've never guessed myself though, great thinking LordYomi.
I really hope not though.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 07:54 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by Saratn
Okay, so if Harry was one of the horcruxes, then was was the Dark Lord trying to kill him in the first book, the second book, the fourth, and the fifth??? Why would he kill someone that as his soul in??? I believe Snape is good, he was only acting on Dumbledore's orders. He said something like he didn't want to and Dumbledore said that he must or something like that. I don't remember clearly.

Perhaps it was an accident? He sure as hell didnt mean to give Harry some of his powers when he gave him the scar, maybe he also transferred his soul.

He'd try and kill Harry anyway, maybe he doesnt know Harry could be part of his soul.

Originally posted by IceWithin
I think it's very possible... I would've never guessed myself though, great thinking LordYomi.
I really hope not though.

Exactly, I think its possible but I hope not. It'd be a good twist and climax though, you gotta give it that...

It'd be worthy of comparing to the Vader/Luke scene, thats for sure..

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 10:55 AM
Fwiw187

I think harry is the last horcrux and that harry will have to kill him self and nevelle will have to kill voldie...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 05:36 PM
Fwiw187 is currently offline Click here to Send Fwiw187 a Private Message Find more posts by Fwiw187 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fwiw187

What about wormtail... Why did voldi give him to snape?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 06:22 PM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Neville isn't the one that Voldemort marked as his equal, it was Harry. So Harry has to be the one who has to kill him, not Neville. Plus Voldemort would get weaker for each horcrux he loses, that's why Dumbledore was trying to get them. If he doesn't have any of them, then he will be able to die like any mortal person.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 06:34 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radarman

I posted this on another thread...what about the potential that Harry was
originally a horcrux but had to be used to bring voldy back at the end of
GoF. I mean, Harry was needed to restore voldy back to life. And there
hasn't been as big of a connection after that. Other than voldemort
trying to read Harry's thoughts.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 04:08 AM
radarman is currently offline Click here to Send radarman a Private Message Find more posts by radarman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
div

maybe voldemort has put the last horcrux on somethin harry finds very dear to him like ??"Hedwig" in one of the interviews jk did say tht harry could possibly be getting a new pet ...thought she might have meant Kreacher???

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 05:11 AM
div is currently offline Click here to Send div a Private Message Find more posts by div Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Harry is not a Horcrux. Here are the reasons why.

1. You have to perform a spell to make somebody/thing a horcrux.
2. The only spell Voldemort did that night is Avada Kedavra.
3. I know this because the killing curse rebounded and hit Voldemort. So he was too weak to perform any spell. Especially a tough one.
4. And he has never performed any wierd spell on Harry since he came back.

So Harry is not a horcrux.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 06:06 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote