KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » anime with main character deaths.

anime with main character deaths.
Started by: ~Forever*Alone~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

Love anime with main character deaths.

i was wondering if any of you guys knew any good anime where some main characters die, because i do enjoy that.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 05:41 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Cowboy Bebop, the MAIN MAIN character dies, after killing Dozens of people, very good show too

Last edited by Mr Krieger on Aug 29th, 2006 at 06:10 AM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 06:06 AM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

gantz...everyone dies

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 06:14 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

EVERYONE?!!! gonna check it out!

does this work?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 06:52 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Cowboy Bebop, the MAIN MAIN character dies, after killing Dozens of people, very good show too
It didn't necesarrily say or show he died. They never actually confirmed it, but they did confirm that it was supposed to be open-ended. Still a great anime and definately one of my all time favorites.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 07:29 AM
calvs is currently offline Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeathEater23

samurai x dies

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 08:20 PM
DeathEater23 is currently offline Click here to Send DeathEater23 a Private Message Find more posts by DeathEater23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Originally posted by calvs
It didn't necesarrily say or show he died. They never actually confirmed it, but they did confirm that it was supposed to be open-ended. Still a great anime and definately one of my all time favorites.

The Indian guy earlier in the Episode said that each person had a Star, when they died, the Star died, and he said that Spike's would blink out. At the end of the credits it shows a Giant Red Star blink out, if that isn't proof enough, I don't know what is, plus I believe they had their ending message say something leading to it, the guy's dead.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:19 PM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

The Indian guy earlier in the Episode said that each person had a Star, when they died, the Star died, and he said that Spike's would blink out. At the end of the credits it shows a Giant Red Star blink out, if that isn't proof enough, I don't know what is, plus I believe they had their ending message say something leading to it, the guy's dead.
Read the manga, Since that is the most canon source wink

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 11:14 PM
calvs is currently offline Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tallis
Angel In Hell

Chrono Crusade both of the main characters die.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 11:21 PM
Tallis is currently offline Click here to Send Tallis a Private Message Find more posts by Tallis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Originally posted by calvs
Read the manga, Since that is the most canon source wink

Sorry, I don't "read" Manga(hell, I don't even know how 0.o, weird backward books), and the shows are considered more Canon by me

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 12:17 AM
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

I really want to say Deathnote, but that would be spoiling things.... whistle

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 12:37 AM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Takiko_4ever

Originally posted by DeathEater23
samurai x dies

i agree on this one stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 01:00 AM
Takiko_4ever is currently offline Find more posts by Takiko_4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

Sorry, I don't "read" Manga(hell, I don't even know how 0.o, weird backward books), and the shows are considered more Canon by me
Manga is actually written by the original creator. They change too much in Anime to make it more marketable.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 01:40 AM
Afrena

what here?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 07:22 PM
Afrena is currently offline Click here to Send Afrena a Private Message Find more posts by Afrena Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeathEater23

that's not all ture

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 09:13 PM
DeathEater23 is currently offline Click here to Send DeathEater23 a Private Message Find more posts by DeathEater23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

Originally posted by DeathEater23
that's not all ture
Who are you talking to?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 11:09 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Inuyasha too(Kikyo dies twice in the manga and once in the anime)....oops my bad, thought Manga was included tooembarrasment

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 11:54 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

wow, those sounds great! anime and manga!

does this work?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 04:24 AM
Peach
mordrem

Umm, there's a lot of anime with main character deaths.

Cowboy Bebop (possibly though never truly confirmed)
Sailormoon (hell, EVERYONE dies)
DBZ (everyone dies about 5 times in the show, I dunno why people think it's so surprising when they do...)
Evangelion (most of the characters die)
Tenchi Muyo (Sasami dies...sort of...hard to explain without giving away a lot of the plot and background)

There's more, though I can't really think of them...too tired.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 04:43 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Fake Macoy
Lousy Imitation

Would Evangelion or EoE count for this?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 04:49 AM
The Fake Macoy is currently offline Click here to Send The Fake Macoy a Private Message Find more posts by The Fake Macoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote