KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Comics Powerful moments

Comics Powerful moments
Started by: HigH ScholaR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HigH ScholaR

Comics Powerful moments

Comics Powerful moments

debate/discuss

but POST PICS of showings of great power in comics.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 06:08 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Do you mean in terms of sheer power like showings from Phoenix or the Celestials or do you mean tragic, emotive scenes?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 06:40 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Death can be the most powerful.

Attachment: crisis7.jpg
This has been downloaded 119 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 06:43 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

And again.

Attachment: spidey-gwenstacy.jpg
This has been downloaded 115 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 06:44 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Endsong was pretty good all around.

Attachment: endsong1.jpg
This has been downloaded 117 time(s).

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 06:49 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

I've got to go with Superman's death....sorry no pics. sad

This has got to be easily one of the top 3 most well known events in comicbook history, Marvel included.

It was the death of an icon, and whether one is a Supes fan or hater, they would agree that his death reached everyone in all comicdom...not necessarily on a sad personal level, but more on a level like everyone knows. Even if you didn't know a thing about comics or who the bleep Superman is, you heard about it across the globe.

The pic with him dead in Lois' arms is probably the pic eveyone remembers very well.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 06:50 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BobbyD

This has got to be easily one of the top 3 most well known events in comicbook history, Marvel included.

It was the death of an icon, and whether one is a Supes fan or hater, they would agree that his death reached everyone in all comicdom...not necessarily on a sad personal level, but more on a level like everyone knows. Even if you didn't know a thing about comics or who the bleep Superman is, you heard about it across the globe.

The pic with him dead in Lois' arms is probably the pic eveyone remembers very well.
It is in fact the MOST known comic event ever, not "top 3".

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:16 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

What do you mean high scholar?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:22 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I'm going out on a limb and assuming he wants to see people doing crazy shit like towing planets or containing the big bang.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:26 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Juntai
I'm going out on a limb and assuming he wants to see people doing crazy shit like towing planets or containing the big bang.

Thats what im thinking as well. Its just that the thread title suggests that but his first post gives mixed messages so its hard to tell lol.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:29 PM
HigH ScholaR

Originally posted by GalacticStorm

both, what ever was powerful to you, something that made the earth move, could be power, emotion etc sorry sholud have been more clear

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:31 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

good choice, should bring out a lot of interesting responces.

Death of Superman was huge... Front page of nearly every magazine and newspaper there was at one point or another during the year...

The watchmen will always be monumental to me.... it set a new standard and made comics grow up...

The original Batman movie . . . so influencial on me.

As for a showing of a characters power... I'm going to have to go with Spectre defeating Shazam.. I had told my friend that Spectre was going to stomp him, but I feared that he may have been done in eventually since Shazam was in the more "good guy" role... but such is apperently not the case in the new DC-in-the-making.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:41 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I really like this argument between Xavier and magneto in a concentration Camp ruins..........for me it sums up what they are both fighting for..................

Attachment: xaviervsmags.jpg
This has been downloaded 107 time(s).

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:52 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

i always wanted to see the spectre vs shazam fight.

got scans

yes i remember the death of superman it was huge, also how it was affecting btaman but he was dealing with it in his own way not trying to show his feelings to others.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:53 PM
HigH ScholaR

Originally posted by Juntai

that will be fine also big grin stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:54 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Death of Superman would have been bigger if he actually stayed dead. Death of an icon. I think it would have had a much better impact on the DCU and would have been better for it overall.

Time for Superboy to man up finally or something along those lines.

It would be the death of an icon, more sacred than the famous marvel death of Captain "Mahr-Vell".

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:57 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

reminds me of captain marvell

yep the original

to bad marvel ruined it with reaperances of him either alive,ghosly or zombie like. Although his apperance in silver surfer was good but kind of pointless as to why he needed to be there in the comic.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:59 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Yeah, I don't see what Superman brought to DC that none of their other characters couldn't have.

Too me, he is one-dimensional and getting stale. It's been a lot of the same thing for a long time now.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 08:44 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I agree. i don't like Superman or Gambit, they are rubbish IMO.............

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:01 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by BobbyD

That was one of the most contrived events in comics history, for no reason than to sell issues. I didn't believe for a nanosecond that he would really die; everyone who bought it I should've been selling them swampland. The more DC got loud and said they were serious, the more I rolled my eyes. roll eyes (sarcastic)
The death of the Barry Allen Flash had meaning - because he stayed dead, and was succeeded wonderfully by Wally West. Recently, I would've liked to have seen Hal Jordan stay in the netherworld, and let Kyle take over.
The original Phoenix saga got cheapened by making it turn out it was never Jean Grey; so even the Watcher got fooled? Please.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:01 PM