KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » At the Drive-In/The Mars Volta

At the Drive-In/The Mars Volta
Started by: Alpha Centauri

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

At the Drive-In/The Mars Volta

I know EB is a fan, you have guessed (or should have) that I am.

Anyone else? Favourite song? Album?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 10:11 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

they're pretty decent imo...

son et lumiere is my favourite track i suppose... havent heard enough of teh albums to decide which ones i prefer...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 10:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tirekicker
Member of the

I absolutely love both mars volta and at the drive in, saw mars volta twice. Favorite song from mars volta is Eriatarka probably, though Televators is cool. I love almost everything by ATDI but I guess my favorite song is Ebroglio.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 03:37 PM
Tirekicker is currently offline Click here to Send Tirekicker a Private Message Find more posts by Tirekicker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

I like The Mars Volta a lot, but I was never into ATDI.

I have a thing with TMV, it's not the individual songs that I like, it's the album as a whole. Same goes for Dredg and My Bloody Valentine.

De-Loused In The Comatorium is a masterpiece. I can't listen to it very often because its just too difficult, almost gruelling kinda, but in a way thats a good thing, because it'll still sound pretty fresh for years to come.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 03:55 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

I don't think it's 'gruelling'.

The next album will make or break them though.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 05:31 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

And Sparta. I like Sparta too.

Favorite track is from ATDI: Arcarsenal. The second best opening track to an album ever (Baba O'Riley is the best)

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 05:38 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think "Arc Arsenal" is the anywhere near the best, it is pretty awesome for an opener.

"Sleepwalk Capsules", "Alpha Centauri" or "Star Slight" are my fav songs. Others off "Relationship of Command" also.

As for The Mars Volta, I think it's a really solid album, "De-Loused..." I mean. From what I've heard of the new album, it INSTANTLY sounded better than ANYTHING I had heard on either "Tremulant" or "De-Loused".

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 05:56 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reckoning

The Mars Volta is definitely better than Sparta. At The Drive-In were a pertinent band.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 06:53 AM
Reckoning is currently offline Click here to Send Reckoning a Private Message Find more posts by Reckoning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeptemberRain
Killer

I really like At the Drive-In. I never got into Mars Volta.

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 08:44 PM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am a big big fan of At The Drive In, Mars Volta are amazing, and I enjoy listening to Sparta also!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 11:03 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have De-Loused in the Comatorium and I like it alot.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 11:12 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

They're ok.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 11:31 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

I really dig The Mars Volta and At the Drive-In, right now I think I like At the Drive-In more.

Favorite album? Well, I’ve loved De-loused in the Comatorium since the day I got it and it remains one of my favorites. I wasn’t as impressed with Frances the Mute (pretty much because I had really high expectations), but not a bad sophomore attempt. I really liked them both. My favorite song is probably Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt or Cicatriz ESP..or possibly Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of), but it’s hard to say. I like to listen to the album the whole way through. It’s amazing.

At the Drive-In has become a favorite of mine lately as well, Relationship of Command is just so intense. When I first heard it I wasn’t so sure about it (having heard The Mars Volta first), but after listening to it a couple of times the genius really started to sink it. I feel like I’m at a live show when I listen to this album, mostly because Bixler just goes all out with his vocals (he kinda reminds me of Zack de la Rocha at times, only more melodic). Favorite songs? Well, the first 4 tracks on Relationship of Command are just so awesome words can hardly describe. The whole album is pretty good though, although some other stand out tracks (besides the first 4) are Enfilade and Quarantined, I like those songs alot too.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 07:08 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

I'm really getting into their pre-Relationship of Command stuff and It's like a whole new band. Acrobatic Tenement is really growing on me, just started listening to it couple of weeks ago and i can't believe what i've been missing. All the songs are solid on it."Ticklish", "Paid Vacation Time", and "Porfrio Diaz" are my favorites. Check those out now!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 07:28 PM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I don't think "Arc Arsenal" is the anywhere near the best, it is pretty awesome for an opener.

"Sleepwalk Capsules", "Alpha Centauri" or "Star Slight" are my fav songs. Others off "Relationship of Command" also.

As for The Mars Volta, I think it's a really solid album, "De-Loused..." I mean. From what I've heard of the new album, it INSTANTLY sounded better than ANYTHING I had heard on either "Tremulant" or "De-Loused".

-AC

Wow, really? Could be true since "Cygnus... Vismund Cygnus" is one of their best songs ever but that's weird how you INSTANTLY found it better, different tastes i guess. I just started listening to the Tremulant EP and "Concertina" is....wow, can't explain the love i have for that song. The song, to me at least, sounds like a mix of A.T.D.I and Mars Volta. Sounds like it should've been on Relationship of Command.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 05:44 AM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

I love them both, but I prefer ATDI.

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 03:30 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

tmv is good. i like televators and intergalatic esp

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 03:40 AM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

Do you mean Intertiatic ESP?

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 03:44 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course he does. There's no song relating to either band called Intergalactic E.S.P is there?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 04:04 AM
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah.sry for the mispelling

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 04:18 AM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote