KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Name Things You Hate About Bands You Like

Name Things You Hate About Bands You Like
Started by: RedAlertv2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RedAlertv2

Name Things You Hate About Bands You Like

Thought this might be interesting. Name a few things you dislike about bands that you otherwise like.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 06:41 PM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Certain fans of Tool piss me off. Though that applies to any band.

The "_____is God" people.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 07:05 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

I don't really care for System of a Down's political views

I’m not too fond of what I gather from MJK’s (Tool & A Perfect Circle) personality. I know I don’t know him personally, but from what I heard he doesn’t sound like someone I’d like to meet.

Billy Corgan.

Radiohead’s subtle (or not so subtle) pretentiousness

I think Taking Back Sunday’s song names are ridiculous and have no substance at all.

Modest Mouse’s overall pessimism, it can be comforting sometimes, but at other times I just think they need to take some prosac or something.

The Mars Volta’s decision to stop taking drugs (good for the band, bad for the music)

Trent Reznor’s lyrics can tend to be a bit too angsty for me at times.

Colyplay’s lyrics.

I just don’t’ care for Third Eye Blind’s band name.

Kanye West.

Death Theater’s waste of talent (for lack of a better word).

That’s all I can think of right now.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 07:07 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

the fact that everyone in mests are drunks and stoners, and that tom broke blink 182 up

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 07:09 PM
xxxpoppunker182 is currently offline Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danagrint1
Rupert's Wife

everyone trying to be emo and goth

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 07:42 PM
danagrint1 is currently offline Click here to Send danagrint1 a Private Message Find more posts by danagrint1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
I don't really care for System of a Down's political views

I’m not too fond of what I gather from MJK’s (Tool & A Perfect Circle) personality. I know I don’t know him personally, but from what I heard he doesn’t sound like someone I’d like to meet.

Billy Corgan.

Radiohead’s subtle (or not so subtle) pretentiousness

I think Taking Back Sunday’s song names are ridiculous and have no substance at all.

Modest Mouse’s overall pessimism, it can be comforting sometimes, but at other times I just think they need to take some prosac or something.

The Mars Volta’s decision to stop taking drugs (good for the band, bad for the music)

Trent Reznor’s lyrics can tend to be a bit too angsty for me at times.

Colyplay’s lyrics.

I just don’t’ care for Third Eye Blind’s band name.

Kanye West.

Death Theater’s waste of talent (for lack of a better word).

That’s all I can think of right now.

Where to start...

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 08:18 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Avenged Sevenfold - Repeated use of the same power chords
Coheed and Cambria - try to write songs that are too complex. I like their simple stuff just as much

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 09:00 PM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Where to start...

-AC

laughing out loud please do try...i seem to get the feeling that much of the post was designed to get a response from you

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 09:18 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

the top is usually a good place to start

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 05:14 AM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Any APC song with Billy on vocals. Awful singer.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 05:24 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Aesop Rock's voice... and flow. His lyrics are good most of the time but with his horrible flow i can't help but think he's just a waste of the great production on his album Labor Days.

Talib Kweli's flow.. especially on Black Star.

Opeth's vocals. Mostly cause I can't understand them and find growling to be sorta boring after a while.

Production on Big L's album.

Mos Def's singing on BOBS.

Frank Zappa's singing (not always).

Rakim's content.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 05:40 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Oh yeah.. and KRS-One's ego. Plus the fact that he cheered 9/11 cause the WTC showed no respect to hip hop, or someshit like that. Just seems like an ******* outside his music... though I won't say he is cause I haven't actually met him.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 06:02 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Hatebreed's abuse of neck slides to open tracks.

All Shall Perish flipping the switch on the vocal effects mid song for no reason other than to show no death metal "singer" can really go that low vocally.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 06:23 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LiveAndLetDie

Axl Rose`s song called "My World" was featured on Use Your Illusions II. It is possibly the worst song I`ve ever heard. The fact that it was even on the album is a disgrace to the band.

I opened the door when it was cold outside
Hopin you`d find your own way in

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 01:31 PM
LiveAndLetDie is currently offline Click here to Send LiveAndLetDie a Private Message Find more posts by LiveAndLetDie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aj333

Bert McCracken From the Used actually dating Kelly Osbourne and the Used including G.C. and Blink182 in their "brother bands" list!
G.C. and Blink are pop if you ask me!

Cross your heart and hope to die doesn't mean much if you're already dead

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 07:25 PM
Aj333 is currently offline Click here to Send Aj333 a Private Message Find more posts by Aj333 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Blink 182 breaking up over stupid reasons

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 07:35 PM
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Originally posted by Aj333
Bert McCracken From the Used actually dating Kelly Osbourne and the Used including G.C. and Blink182 in their "brother bands" list!
G.C. and Blink are pop if you ask me!

And The Used are not pop?

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 07:36 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

Damn you, you beat me to it stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 07:38 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

Awww...SNAP!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 08:57 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

What the hell are the matter with these people? They classify GC and MCR, and etc. as pop, yet they still think the Used are rock. All I got to say. WTF.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 09:18 PM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote