KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Who is most original psychic X-Men

Who is most original psychic X-Men
Started by: wannabe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Who is most original psychic X-Men

Since there was alot of confusion with psionic luver's threads (psionic or psychic...), i represent this one with a slightly different focus.

WHO IS THE MOST ORIGINAL PSYCHIC MUTANT IN YOUR OPINION???

Attention...I'm not asking for most powerful or favourite here, it's about character, complexity and/or ability variations etc.!!! Please try to be as objective as possible!

Professor X
Phoenix
Emma Frost
Sage
Psylocke
Selene
Cable
X-Man
Marvel Girl
Franklin Richards
Exodus
Stepford Cuckoos
Hellion
Mastermind
REM

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Last edited by wannabe on Oct 22nd, 2005 at 02:45 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 02:39 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

I know a lot of people are going to say the Stepford Cuckoos but the name itself tells you that theyre far from an original concept.

True to form im gonna say Phoenix lol.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:10 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix_Avatar9
Spark of Creation

in a large scale id say phoenix cuz of her sheer skill and power, but i looove the way Emma uses her telepathy prolly my 2nd to 3rd favorite character ever! (bliss buttons, schooling rachel w/ finesse), i love Psylockes cool use of her teke, Sage is cool even though shes of limited versatility, her mind is impregnable, Rachel always pops up with something new *where the hell did that come from* and i just adore Dani, using her quasi-tp powers in cool ways like the psychic arrows and weapons, and i love how in X-Men the end she was revived with a hybrid of Cheyenne/ Asgardian powers, theyre all the best in my book

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 04:04 PM
Phoenix_Avatar9 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix_Avatar9 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix_Avatar9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wabot47

I would also have to say Phoenix.

Attachment: phoenix_endsong_03.jpg
This has been downloaded 112 time(s).

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 08:49 PM
Wabot47 is currently offline Click here to Send Wabot47 a Private Message Find more posts by Wabot47 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

franklin richards. not as psi-lord, but as a child.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 10:03 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bahhh_yeti

Xavier can read, control, and influence human minds, and cast illusions. He can also detect the presence of other mutants so hes most original in my eyes

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 12:50 AM
bahhh_yeti is currently offline Click here to Send bahhh_yeti a Private Message Find more posts by bahhh_yeti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nathan summers
the man called cable

Even with the limitations of the techno-organic virus, when he had it, Nathan became one of the most accomplished psionic talents. He went from using his powers wastefully and clumsily in battle to exploiting those talents with utter precision.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 01:48 AM
nathan summers is currently offline Click here to Send nathan summers a Private Message Find more posts by nathan summers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

AND THEN he had his bionic bits blown off and almost died...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 02:54 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nathan summers
the man called cable

He's nearly died half a dozen times or so. Besides, That battle came off as rather cheap and one sided considering Nathan had no intention of harming his opponent.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 04:03 AM
nathan summers is currently offline Click here to Send nathan summers a Private Message Find more posts by nathan summers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bahhh_yeti

i dont think death is much of an obstacle for most of the X-men, at one point or another someone dies and eventually finds a way to return

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 04:25 AM
bahhh_yeti is currently offline Click here to Send bahhh_yeti a Private Message Find more posts by bahhh_yeti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psionic_Luver08
SUPER PHOENIX!!!!!!

rock

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 04:27 AM
Psionic_Luver08 is currently offline Click here to Send Psionic_Luver08 a Private Message Find more posts by Psionic_Luver08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

The Brain Trust from AoA!

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 05:11 AM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Flame

I may change my min later, but for now I'm gonna have to go with 8bit. Before there was Martha, there was the Braintrust. Six brains just sitting there chilling in a room...very disturbing.

Now that I think about it, they aren't X-Men so....

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 04:15 AM
Cosmic Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

the brain trust was interesting, though all they really did was sedate a bunch of low-level mutants and humans.

and i'd picked up my first cable & deadpool right after nate got half his body blown off, and i found the backstory to be quite a laugh. but that's me. as for death with the x-men, you'd think they're all ionic beings or something. count nefaria types...

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 12:03 PM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

I'd say something like this:

1. Prof. X. He's an incredibly complex man, not just the disciplined mentor everyone sees him as. The best example to prove this was the Onslaught Saga. The hatred was there. Locked away. Just not strong enough apparently wink

2. Exodus. Yeah, i'm biased, so sue me. The guy was obsessed with Magneto. I've got a thing for people with mental problems. And I'd say Exodus is something like that. I suppose Xavier said it best:

(please log in to view the image)

3. I've been hearing about Emma Frost going crazy. If that's true, then i'm sure it'll make a great story arc.

~wickerman~

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 01:06 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nathan summers
Even with the limitations of the techno-organic virus, when he had it, Nathan became one of the most accomplished psionic talents. He went from using his powers wastefully and clumsily in battle to exploiting those talents with utter precision.

well said

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 01:17 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nathan summers
the man called cable

Another amazing psi-talent is Psylocke. She went head to head with the Shadow King and was able, even with her limited scope of abilities, to trap him. Of course that was at the expense of her powers at the time but still; to fight a psionic entity that's on PAR with Charles Xavier is no small feat.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 06:31 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Professor X.

A man, whose body is frail, but mind is one of the strongest.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 07:02 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I know a lot of people are going to say the Stepford Cuckoos but the name itself tells you that theyre far from an original concept.

True to form im gonna say Phoenix lol.

you just killed the element of surprise

Stepford Cuckoos eek!

by Scythe

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 05:02 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

I don't think there are any original psychics out there. They all seem pretty run of the mill.

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 02:59 PM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote