KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Suicide

Suicide
Started by: _Sanctuary_

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sancty
-

Warning Suicide

I don't know what to do... I think one of my friends is going to kill herself..
A lot of people seem to think I am going to kill myself...no expression...
No-one is listening to me and it seems strange how can something be real if it affects nothing else.. I can't get through to anyone so how do I get through to someone beyond rational thinking?
I don't know how to communicate with others at all, what would you say to your friend if you were in my position?

http://spaces.msn.com/members/lizspacereadnweep

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:22 PM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Space not available
This space is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:26 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sancty
-

Grr.. Well basically it is her saying goodbye to everyone...

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:27 PM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

erm Touchy subject. I'd just try to find out if that's her intention first, and if so then I'd talk about why it's a bad decision and who all would miss her and what she could do to better her life.

I had a friend attempt suicide a couple years back. He shot himself in the abdomen with a pistol and was in a coma for weeks, the bullet collapsed one of his lungs and barely missed his heart.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:31 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

be WITH her.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:31 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sancty
-

what do you mean by that? no expression

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:32 PM
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

As she has people to say goodbye to, she has reasons to live as well. In her current situation her vision is distorted, up for you as friends to correct it and show her that she is loved and needed.
Makes me wonder, why are you online here when a friend is in such grief and desperatly needs help?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:33 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sancty
-

I don't know what to do.. I am not very good at this!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:34 PM
Sancty
-

I'm going to phone her now.. sad

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:37 PM
DeepPink

I knwo a couple of people who attempted suicide. To be completely honest the majority of suicide attempts fail, so even if you cant get through to her that there are other ways out it should be ok.

I suggest you just talk to her about it. Find out why she feels that way, and even if you dont understand, try and give her the confidence to face her life. tell her she'd be taking the easy way out. Remind her that in this world, people die of diseases and get murdered etc. and if she kills herself, the waste of life is disrespectful to them.

You do what you love, and f*ck the rest.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:37 PM
DeepPink is currently offline Click here to Send DeepPink a Private Message Find more posts by DeepPink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeepPink
I knwo a couple of people who attempted suicide. To be completely honest the majority of suicide attempts fail, so even if you cant get through to her that there are other ways out it should be ok.

I suggest you just talk to her about it. Find out why she feels that way, and even if you dont understand, try and give her the confidence to face her life. tell her she'd be taking the easy way out. Remind her that in this world, people die of diseases and get murdered etc. and if she kills herself, the waste of life is disrespectful to them.

Mainly because most people think simply slitting their wrists will work.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:38 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

It depends what kind of person she is...

I had a friend try to kill himself a few years back and the way I managed to talk him out of it was yell at him, tell him how selfish he was, how would he feel if someone he loved commited suicide and he had to find them.. etc etc.. sometimes that is the only way that gets through to them..

then other times you need the softly softly approach... tell them how missed they would be, that they aren't going to be a teenager forever and things will change...

also there is the religious way.. that god put them on this earth for a reason and they just haven't found it yet, or that suicide is a sin...
I'm not religious so I can't really go into this one more...

Good luck.

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:39 PM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
I don't know what to do.. I am not very good at this!

Not doing anything would be the biggest mistake. She is your friend, reassure her of that and try to reestablish faith in herself. This is her life on stake, abandon the 'I'm not good at this blabla'! Tie her up if that is what it takes to save her, but do something!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:40 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

and they should know that it leaves awful scars smart

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:41 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sancty
-

I just phoned her... She said she wanted to know who would actually care if she would kill herself...And that she was just really upset...

why the hell I am friends with these people? She really didn't have a clue how upset and worried I was...

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:43 PM
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

it's called "a cry for help"

and maybe if you weren't her friend she would be dead now...

now you should help her get some help... counselling, or notify her parents that she is depressed.

so that this doesn't happen again with a different outcome.

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:52 PM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

It's said one loves someone for their positive characteristics, but one cares for someone because of that person's flaws.
Fact remains that she has problems, for you to decide if you let those force you apart or make them a reason to stick with her and help.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:53 PM
Sancty
-

It is strange.. out of the group I am the depressed one she is the one who cheers everyone up..
She sounded so normal on the phone, like it was all a joke..

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:54 PM
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

You can hide behind faked emotions for a long time, and for the troubled ones it's common to fake happiness to hide their sadness.
But that's all talk of the past, think of what you can do for her in the future, to prevent situations like this for both your benefit.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 10:00 PM
Sancty
-

It is strange I deal with all the time from my friend Colette she wants attention and stuff and says it in a silly way so people will pay attention to her..
But this friend is different, she is like my only real friend left, she made friends with the wrong people and can't pull herself out (a lot like me.. no expression) I don't know what to say I didn't expect anything like this to happen to her..

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 10:04 PM