KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Did Luke become the Jedi Anakin could have been?

Did he?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, I think he did 6 66.67%
No, Anakin was what he could have been, no more, full stop 2 22.22%
What the heck are you rambling about? What the f**k? 1 11.11%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Did Luke become the Jedi Anakin could have been?
Started by: Council#13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Council#13
The Omega Male

Did Luke become the Jedi Anakin could have been?

We all know that Anakin did destroy the Sith, along with most of the Jedi, therefore probably bringing balance to the Force, but Luke is thought to be the most powerful Jedi. Anakin could have become the most powerful Jedi, but turned to the Dark Side. So did Luke become what his father could have become?

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 09:01 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just to make this point clear again- destroying the Jedi had NOTHING to do with Balance- in fact, that simply made the Balance much worse.

Restoring balance was about destroying evil, which in turn was about destroying the Sith, simple as that.

The implication at the end of the films is that Luke will indeed become the Jedi Anakin should have been. In the EU, rather controversially, Luke becomes all that and then some, and then some more, and then way too much.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 10:28 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Oh, I see

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 10:30 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think Luke becomes any more powerful than Anakin would have. Did Lucas say that?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 04:46 PM
Click here to Send kingkman a Private Message Find more posts by kingkman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

I think it's a question based more on opinion than official confirmation.

I'd say yes, but EU aside. EU, NJO especially from what I've heard, make Luke some sort of uber-god that destroys everything with a mere thought. But I would say that Luke turned out as Anakin would have had he stayed on the light path.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 02:03 AM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I personally think the EU botched what the ending of ROTJ showed. Luke submitting to Sidious, and then later embrace a neutral view of the Force was just way out of character.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 04:35 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I hate NJO for its view-point of Luke. I hope he's killed off in a new book, he's getting out of hand.

But then he'd just come back to his son as a ghost, and make HIM an uber-Jedi/God.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 05:04 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

NJO turns Luke into friggin' Goku from DBZ.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 05:07 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

God, THAT'S who I was thinking of! Super-Uber-Saiyan Goku 4!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 05:27 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does anybody here actually think of Luke as a good lightsaber duelist? I was just wondering because though he is incredible in terms of force power, I have never imagined him to be good with a lightsaber.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 01:11 PM
Click here to Send kingkman a Private Message Find more posts by kingkman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

The words "Swing, battah battah battah" come to mind.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

How do you even know how good the Yuuzhan Vong were at dueling compared to the PT jedi.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 06:10 PM
Lightsnake

We've seen Luke....really improve. He's ditched that 'gray' view and the balance was only about the Sith....the hutts, the murderers, pirates...those guys are still around

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote