KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Anakin Skywalker versus Musashi

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Musashi 4 50.00%
Anakin 4 50.00%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Anakin Skywalker versus Musashi
Started by: Ianus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Anakin Skywalker versus Musashi

Musashi is the historic version, wielding a cortosis katana and wazikashi.

You can educate yourself on him here .

Anakin has his single lightsaber, and cannot use any force powers other than his latent force precog (Which means he effectively fights like Anakin, but without calling on the Force consciously... no throwing, etc.)

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 04:36 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Musashi would defeat Ani. Mus is a lot more intelligent then Ani and developed his own fighting style. Not to mention Ani doesn't think before he acts and he even said himself, "I am a slow learner" so Mus wins this.
Can't wait to see the Ani fan boys try to defend Anakin.

Last edited by ESB -1138 on Dec 17th, 2005 at 04:44 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 04:39 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I personally think Musashi would skewer Anakin because of his unique approach to combat and his perchant for winning duels.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 05:17 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Anakin gets pwned

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 05:18 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Well Anakin can just force choke him, but in skill with a blade Miyamoto takes just about anyone.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 05:31 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Well Anakin can just force choke him, but in skill with a blade Miyamoto takes just about anyone.

Read the post slower next time. It says that there are no uses of the Force that are conscious.... in other words, no force powers, though we have to factor in the Force as a driving power behind Anakin's abilities, since that's what aids him in the movies.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 05:35 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I know that, I was just saying that if he did.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 06:17 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Which is evident.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 06:28 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Indeed.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 06:48 AM
AnakinNihilus

Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Musashi would defeat Ani. Mus is a lot more intelligent then Ani and developed his own fighting style. Not to mention Ani doesn't think before he acts and he even said himself, "I am a slow learner" so Mus wins this.
Can't wait to see the Ani fan boys try to defend Anakin.

Do you always take things on their face value?

The line "I am a slow learner" doesn't necessarily mean he is a slow learner, especially if you look at the context in which it was said. It was merely an arrogant response to a superior opponent. I believe that he is anything but a slow learner. When he became a padawan most Jedi had at least five years on him, considering lightsaber training starts at youngling level, yet he was still one of the best duellists in the order behind only the greats of that time.

And no, I'm not an Anakin 'fan boy', I was just pointing out that something you used to back up your point is not a valid fact. If he'd said "I am the greatest duellist ever", instead of "I am a slow learner", would you use that as a fact to back up an argument? I hope not.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 06:58 AM
Click here to Send AnakinNihilus a Private Message Find more posts by AnakinNihilus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

I belive Anakin could put up a good challenge, he can predict where Mus is going to strike which gives him an advantage. He has proved to be on the top ten list of the duellists in the order, so I would give him a chance.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 12:36 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smoker Stevens
Marihuana Smuggler

Musashi might have been the greatest swordsman on earth, but Anakin was one of the best of a whole galaxy. Anakin has been trained for almost his whole life just like Musashi and got a lot of fighting experience. Plus his abilities are boosted by the force, I think Anakin can pull this one off.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 01:47 PM
Click here to Send Smoker Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Smoker Stevens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ssj3gohan007
The Chosen One

Anakin has this he is a jedi from a galaxy much more advanced then our own, nobody on earth can challenge a jedi. you throw a nuclear bomb on him and he will just use the force to throw it back at us. plus ani has a lightsaber which can cut through almost any alloy in the star wars universe so it can def. cut through any allow on earth. i say Ani cuts Mus katana in half then his limbs and then go for the famous Dooku head lock. heheh

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 02:08 PM
Click here to Send ssj3gohan007 a Private Message Find more posts by ssj3gohan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Well, to be honest.. I never was really impressed by the way of fighting in SW. Real swordsmasters will always pwn them in my opinion. But this is of course a little bit too technical.
If we take acount to Lucas' intention to the story then the SW duellist would have to be good. But then I still wouldn't say it.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 03:43 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ssj3gohan007
The Chosen One

Jedi are supernatural beings who are beyond an ordinary human. SuperNatural strength/power >>>>>>> regular human swordsman

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 06:42 PM
Click here to Send ssj3gohan007 a Private Message Find more posts by ssj3gohan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

Musashi through pure skill, ability, and attitude.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 10:53 PM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Originally posted by ssj3gohan007
Anakin has this he is a jedi from a galaxy much more advanced then our own, nobody on earth can challenge a jedi. you throw a nuclear bomb on him and he will just use the force to throw it back at us. plus ani has a lightsaber which can cut through almost any alloy in the star wars universe so it can def. cut through any allow on earth. i say Ani cuts Mus katana in half then his limbs and then go for the famous Dooku head lock. heheh

He couldn't throw a bomb back at us and...

Musahi is using cortosis weapons. In case you didn't know cortosis is lightsaber resistant.

I think he could give Anakin a good run for him money, but my answer is still up in the air. All I know is that Greivous would beat Musahi. Just wanted to establish that, even if it is off topic, sorry.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 11:31 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

How would GG beat Musashi?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 11:58 PM
ssj3gohan007
The Chosen One

Because in a world without the force general grievous is like a god. He is a robot with super human strength, speed, and four bloody lightsabers. Mushashi is dead meat. You seen the terminator movies, its extremely hard to defeat a machine. and general grievous is much taller and more advanced than even the T-X.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 12:21 AM
Se7in

quote:
Because in a world without the force general grievous is like a god. He is a robot with super human strength, speed, and four bloody lightsabers. Mushashi is dead meat. You seen the terminator movies, its extremely hard to defeat a machine. and general grievous is much taller and more advanced than even the T-X.

Your post lacks sense.

1) Grievous is not a robot. He's a cyborg and needs his suit to live, therefore making him semi-organic.

2) T-X's are actually much more advance, Grievous just used the amor and suit, he didn't have any programming or anything, he was still in control.

3) T-X's are much harder to kill. Grievous took one hard Force Push and lost two arms. T-X's take hundreds of shots to kill, though EMP kills em' quick.

4) How does he have superhuman speed? I might understand strength, due to robotic enhancements, but speed? He seems pretty slow actually, he allowed Obi to do backflips over him and couldn't dodge one saber, yet he has "four bloody sabers."

5) Machines aren't hard to kill, EMP rids of em' almost instantly.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 01:28 AM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote