KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Forum attitude on war in Iraq and terrorists in general

Poll Options
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Apologize, withdraw, restore Saddam and submit to UN. 4 11.11%
Withdraw from Iraq 10 27.78%
Stay the course 13 36.11%
Mobilize and be more aggressive against Islamic terrorists and their supporting countries. 9 25.00%
Total: 36 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Forum attitude on war in Iraq and terrorists in general
Started by: Sir Whirlysplat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stolen from another forum embarrasment

OK you're the President of the US and you have the following 4 general strategies. Which do you follow?

1. Admit we were wrong in attacking, apologize, restore Saddam to power and promise never to use US military forces unless definitively authorized by UN.
2. Withdraw from Iraq as soon as logistically possible and let the chips there fall as they may.
3. Stay the course. As Iraqis become more capable of defending themselves from insurgent attacks, US and coalition forces leave.
4. A more aggressive war against Islamic terrrorists is in the best interests of the US and the civilized world. US mobilizes and announces to the world that an attack by any Islamic terrorist group against the US or her allies will be treated as a direct attack by that nation known to support that group against the US.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 10:29 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Bam Rocked that Vote!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 10:38 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Forum attitude on war in Iraq and terrorists in general

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Stolen from another forum embarrasment

OK you're the President of the US and you have the following 4 general strategies. Which do you follow?

1. Admit we were wrong in attacking, apologize, restore Saddam to power and promise never to use US military forces unless definitively authorized by UN.
2. Withdraw from Iraq as soon as logistically possible and let the chips there fall as they may.
3. Stay the course. As Iraqis become more capable of defending themselves from insurgent attacks, US and coalition forces leave.
4. A more aggressive war against Islamic terrrorists is in the best interests of the US and the civilized world. US mobilizes and announces to the world that an attack by any Islamic terrorist group against the US or her allies will be treated as a direct attack by that nation known to support that group against the US.

I'd pull out a majority of the troops. Unless we're expected to maintain the government ourselves for the duration, then they're going to have to learn to take care of themselves. If they're too weak, then they will have to learn to be stronger.

Secondly, I would pull out all the foreign based corporations that are there to rebuild the country. Turn those operations over to Iraqi based companies. This will help bolster the economy and go a long way towards helping our image, not only there but in the opinion of the rest of the world.

Invest more in our technology based weapons. Dramatically increase the covert-ops so that we can use that technology in a more presice manner. Rather than send 500 troops into a town full of insurgents, fire-bomb their asses from three miles away.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 10:44 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

You can admit you're wrong, but restoring Sadam to power would cost many more lives and further destabilize a messy situation.

That would be irresponsible, clean up your own mess.

That seems to be the only course of action offered that is feasible.

Isn't that what's currently happening now?

As for my attitude on war in Iraq and terrorists in general. I feel that the war on Iraq was totally unessecary, illegal, and Bush's legacy of stupidity.

As for Terrorism, I believe the way that it is currently being fought is ineffectual and that unless foriegn policies change and people start making better informed desicions that things are just gonna get worse.

There will always be terrorism, it is the actions of desparate people.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 10:58 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imagawa666
Overlord

I think that we should be more agressive. But most people in the forms disagree.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 11:44 PM
Imagawa666 is currently offline Click here to Send Imagawa666 a Private Message Find more posts by Imagawa666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i think the whole thing was a stupid idea to begin with and that it really shows just how stupid Bush is that he thought he could win that war. BUT i think that troops should be left there until they can asses the situation better, at the moment they're just dealing with the backlash of them coming in guns blazing. its gonna take years for this to settle, which is a shame because much like Vietnam, it could have been avoided if a few people just used their heads

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 11:53 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by Imagawa666
I think that we should be more agressive. But most people in the forms disagree.

How much more aggressive do you want to be than to attack a country that had nothing to do with terrorism?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 12:19 AM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KharmaDog
How much more aggressive do you want to be than to attack a country that had nothing to do with terrorism?

Let me just say this, in regards to terroism and Iraq. And I'm sure it's a point everyone will agree with:

Iraq does have terrorists! All middle eatern countries have Islamic terrorists. But, the terrorists in Iraq were not responsible ofr 9/11 and did not have the weapons this administration told us they did. They knew they didn't have the weapons, and went to war based on that lie.

Okay, go back to what you were talking about.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 12:29 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

agreed

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 12:30 AM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

LAME, OVERSIMPLIFIED, OBVIOUSLY BIASED AND LEADING POLL

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 12:31 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by Darth Jello
LAME, OVERSIMPLIFIED, OBVIOUSLY BIASED AND LEADING POLL

LOL yeah because so many polls are comprehensive and well structured. Actually this isn't AS bad as many polls that most media ask.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 12:44 AM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Iraq does have terrorists!

Well they sure do now. But before thhis war the terroist threat from Iraq was minimal, and like you said, they had nothing to do with 9/11.

Saudi Arabia is a far more intense hotbed for terrorism than Iraq ever was.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 12:50 AM
KidRock

Attack more terrorist countries.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 01:05 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

none of those choices illustrates a sound exit strategy.
we cant just pack up and go home, but we can have a military presense
without having ground troops patrolling the cities, leaving them in constant danger.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 01:07 AM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Well they sure do now. But before thhis war the terroist threat from Iraq was minimal, and like you said, they had nothing to do with 9/11.

Saudi Arabia is a far more intense hotbed for terrorism than Iraq ever was.

they were pretty hopefull to think that no more terrorists would appear after they invade a country. people want to defend their country, they do it and we label them terrorists. they dont have the conventional means to build a army so they do what they can, not saying its a good thing its just how it is

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 01:18 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

leave a police force let the iraqi's take charge and leave almost half of our special op teams over there to "incite terror" into the right group of peoplesmile

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 01:48 AM
Imagawa666
Overlord

Well lets just enjoy the fun of butchering these terrorist bastards anyway. Just because they werent responsible for 9/11 doesnt mean they wouldnt commit something else.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 01:49 AM
Imagawa666 is currently offline Click here to Send Imagawa666 a Private Message Find more posts by Imagawa666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well lets just enjoy the fun of butchering these terrorist bastards anyway.

that's idiodic on so many levels. enjoying the act of butchering...huh?
so what is it that makes you different than a terrorist?
not to mention such a policy breeds exponentially more terrorists.
congratulations!!! you win the tool of the week award eek!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 02:09 AM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imagawa666
Overlord

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 02:17 AM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Well lets just enjoy the fun of butchering these terrorist bastards anyway. Just because they werent responsible for 9/11 doesnt mean they wouldnt commit something else.

Idiotic post.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 02:22 AM