KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Why I DON'T think that THOTU Thanos was more powerful than the Living Tribunal

Why I DON'T think that THOTU Thanos was more powerful than the Living Tribunal
Started by: BlaqChaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlaqChaos

Why I DON'T think that THOTU Thanos was more powerful than the Living Tribunal

It has constantly been stated that the LT is the most powerful being that will ever be seen in Marvel, yet the LT was defeated by Thanos when he got The Heart of the Universe. I don't think that THOTU made Thanos more powerful than the LT, but rather put Thanos close to the LT in terms of power.

From that point, it becomes a matter of skill. The LT has NEVER had to actually fight a real battle before. He was so powerful, he didn't need to really fight. Thus, he lacks any sort of combat skills. Thanos, on the other hand, has waged many battles and stood toe to toe with the greatest combatant in the universe.

If you took Mike Tyson in his prime and put him in a street fight with Arnold Schwartznegger in his prime, who do you think would win? Tyson! Arnold may be bigger and stronger, but all he has is power - no experience having to use that power in a fight. Tyson has less power, but he knows how to use the power he has to get the most "bang for his buck."

If Thanos had really been at the Tribunal's level, he wouldn't have stopped with just that universe. He would have gone from reality to reality to he dominated the entire Marvel Multiverse.

Opinions?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:06 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Thanos erased everything. If LT was all powerful he would have stopped Thanos, LT would not have get sucked into Thanos like this:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:18 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

But what I'm saying is that there have been many occasions when the winner of a fight wasn't the strongest or most powerful person. If two near omnipotent beings squared off against each other, the battle would be decided by more than just the use of raw power.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:27 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

what is the heart of the universe...what does it do?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:30 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

LT=Servant of the TOAA
HTOU=The power of the TOAA
It's easy to understand why no one could stand a chance against Thanos.
LT and other uber alles beings where stupid thinking that a collective assault could have any effect, Thanos was now God, in every sense.
How can they challenge someone that with a wave of his hand obliterated a Celestial?If Thanos wanted to, he could shut down all their powers and change them into nice white rabbits.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:34 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

so what stopped thanos?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:39 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Himself.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 07:03 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

arnie more powerful than tyson? By what means?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 07:08 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
arnie more powerful than tyson? By what means?

In terms of pure weight lifting.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 07:17 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

But power is better than that, obviously tyson has that advantage there...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 07:34 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Originally posted by BlaqChaos
But what I'm saying is that there have been many occasions when the winner of a fight wasn't the strongest or most powerful person. If two near omnipotent beings squared off against each other, the battle would be decided by more than just the use of raw power.

*snicker*

How many times have I said that? At any rate, that theory applies to many scenarios, but not this one. Do recall that Thanos fought Akhenaten beyond time and space for supremacy of the cosmos and infinity.

Read Marvel Universe: The End. With THOTU Thanos is essentially TOAA, as K3VIL said.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 08:21 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Read Marvel Universe: The End. With THOTU Thanos is essentially TOAA, as K3VIL said."

Is the TOAA a multiversal God or is he just associated with the Marvel Universe?

In Thanos's first story he encounters a being who can digest entire realities, and was supposed to be more powerful than the Infinity Gauntlet. Now i know that the HOTU is more powerful than the Infinity Gauntlet but would the TOAA have power over such a being ?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:08 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

The one Above all is God basically Yahman. The supreme being. Nothing is beyond him/it

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:09 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

"The one Above all is God basically Yahman. The supreme being. Nothing is beyond him/it"

Yeh but is he supposed to be the same God who is referred to in the Sandman stories and is also associated with the New God's source ? (E.g. with D.C.). The guy who created Lucifer Morningstar and what not ?

Would he also be able to able to beat the reality eating being in the Thanos story?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:15 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by yahman
"The one Above all is God basically Yahman. The supreme being. Nothing is beyond him/it"

Yeh but is he supposed to be the same God who is referred to in the Sandman stories and is also associated with the New God's source ? (E.g. with D.C.). The guy who created Lucifer Morningstar and what not ?

Would he also be able to able to beat the reality eating being in the Thanos story?

Obviously its not the same God as Dc's presence because theyre two different comic book companies not related at all. Crossovers are just money making machines.

TOAA is Marvels equivalent of God. Just like Dc's is the Presence. Need i say more?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:17 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

"TOAA is Marvels equivalent of God. Just like Dc's is the Presence. Need i say more?"

Mann you like to patronise... i was just asking a question sad

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:19 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

GalacticStorm wants to fill the void left by AC, lol. I think he was touched by the Dark Side and permanently corrupted.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:21 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

"GalacticStorm wants to fill the void left by AC,"

Whose AC... Any i have given you muchooo respectooo for your verry funny comment on Phoenix vs Marvel

Once again LOL

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:27 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

AC - Alpha Centuri. He's basically the KMC tyrant. He's known for making very sarcastic, rude and condescending (but sometimes funny) remarks during debates to belittle his opponents. Short on facts, but long on sardonic wit. He's one of the more...infamous members here, though he hasn't been on the vs. board in awhile.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:35 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Originally posted by yahman

To answer your question, it was once suggested that TOAA lorded over the Omniverse in comicdom. I personally do not know if any such being exists, but yeah, he's Marvel's version of The Presence.

When they meet in a crossover, I always wonder which being reigns supreme? Of course it depends on the universe in which they meet, but what if it is neutral? Whose rules apply? I forget which writer said it, but one of the suggestions, for example, for Galactus' ability to withstand Darkseid's Omega Effect is that Marvel has no "Source." I dunno.

I personally never had a problem with AC either.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:50 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote