KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » MTV's Unplugged

MTV's Unplugged
Started by: Smallville

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

MTV's Unplugged

Why do they not have MTV Unplugged anymore? I mean, I understand that Rap is the most played genre of music now, but there are still rockers in the world, and I really like when bands do acoustic sets. BRING IT BACK!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 11:24 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

The problem is, MTV is a corporate station, and many artists of any note wouldn't want to do it.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 11:48 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Very true.

Besides, MTV would have to stop airing most of there CelebReality Crap they have on.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 11:50 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smallville
Very true.

Besides, MTV would have to stop airing most of there CelebReality Crap they have on.

It used to be a great station. Now it's just pop and disposable trends.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 11:56 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Fuse still has rock oriented shows. Although Fuse is starting to be crap, as well.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove on Feb 18th, 2006 at 01:06 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 12:54 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alicia Keys recently did an Unplugged session, it was alright but it didn't have the feeling of shows passed.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 01:21 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

It must be divine providence that brought about the inception of this thread because I just recently got my hands on some old Unplugged CDs! The Nirvana set was the hallmark, but there were some other great sets too: R.E.M. and Live to name two.

I had the misfortune to tune into MTV when I was on holiday recently, and I couldn't believe the amount of crap on it. Admittedly, I wasn't expecting it to be good, but I was just surprised by the utter banality of it all. Stupid adverts made by twenty-somethings with severe cases of ADD, shows about people choosing dates based on someone's bedroom, VJs who I wanted to beat with a stick, and 'bands' with people in their late-twenties singing about crushes on girls in high-school! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 03:03 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
It must be divine providence that brought about the inception of this thread because I just recently got my hands on some old Unplugged CDs! The Nirvana set was the hallmark, but there were some other great sets too: R.E.M. and Live to name two.

Have you heard the AIC session? In my opinion it is better than the Nirvana record.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 03:08 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Not that I know of. I ain't really down with them.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 03:29 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Have you heard the AIC session? In my opinion it is better than the Nirvana record.

Unplugged in New York isn't all that people give it credit for. However, I did like the version of Plateau they did. Best song on the album, in my humble opinion.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 09:08 PM
OB1-adobe

Re: MTV's Unplugged

Originally posted by Smallville
Why do they not have MTV Unplugged anymore? I mean, I understand that Rap is the most played genre of music now, but there are still rockers in the world, and I really like when bands do acoustic sets. BRING IT BACK!

They won't because:
Playing music or anything related is not their M.O anymore
Vh1 too.
Remember:
Headbangersball
Unplugged
Diary
Making the video
Behind the music
Video music awards
Vh1 music awards

.....and a bizillion specials of bands playing like somewhere in a club or some big event, or watching them in the studio.

If you don't because it got pushed off to make room for:

Made
Celebrity fit club
Date my mom
Flavor of love
Pimp my ride
Laguna Beach
Room Raiders

The closest we get is Cribs, and the surreal life.

I remember when people bitched about rap only being on, now we can't hear one fukcking note

Old Post Feb 19th, 2006 06:45 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

well, unplugged pretty much topped with cypress hill, paul mccartney, hole, and nirvana. I can't thing of a single band right now who'd i want to hear doing an unplugged set.
If you really wanna hear a fantastic one tho (not an MTV one), i have a link to a website where you can download an amazing set that garbage played unplugged

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2006 07:46 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by Darth Jello
well, unplugged pretty much topped with cypress hill, paul mccartney, hole, and nirvana. I can't thing of a single band right now who'd i want to hear doing an unplugged set.
If you really wanna hear a fantastic one tho (not an MTV one), i have a link to a website where you can download an amazing set that garbage played unplugged

What website?

And Incubus should do an unplugged. Chili peppers should do one. Hell I think Metallica should do one. Be cool if tool did one. U2 should do one. maybe the deftones too. Just because its not plugged in doesn't mean it can't be heavy.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2006 08:31 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tool would never do that.

Incubus have more or less done one on their Morning View Sessions DVD.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 19th, 2006 08:33 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

pearl jams was good. it was back when eddie was drunkard.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 12:14 AM
mysterio69 is currently offline Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Audioslave doing an unplugged session would most probably rule the world from a great height. Follow that up with a Damain Marley session, and we're in business.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 02:21 AM
amity75

Originally posted by mysterio69
pearl jams was good. it was back when eddie was drunkard.
I've still got that on VHS and still watch it. Pearl Jam ruled the world back then. Can anyone remember Kiss doing an unplugged show? Jesus. Actually Metallica are the only band I can think of right now who would suit an unplugged show as obviously a lot of their stuff is classical guitar based. Though the Stones would be interesting (If you paid them 90 bzillion dollars each) and Page and Plant would be great to see.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 11:02 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Re: Re: MTV's Unplugged

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I remember when people bitched about rap only being on, now we can't hear one fukcking note

Bra-****ing-Vo, my friend. I couldn't put it any better myself.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2006 12:47 AM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

MTV is nothing but one big huge comemrcial.

Its total sh°t.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2006 01:20 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Yes, it is. And to think... it is MUSIC TELEVISION, and there is no music on it.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 03:13 PM