KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC's "Civil War"

DC's "Civil War"
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

DC's "Civil War"

If a Civil War (like in Marvel) broke out in DC who would be on who's side? :

For the registration of superheroes by the government (think Mutant Registration Act)

Against the registration of superheroes by the government.

Batman would most definitely be in the "pro" category while Diana would most likely be in the "anti" category.

What's your opinions?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 12:53 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I think the opposite. I think it would be Wonder Woman for the pro-registration and Batman for anti, since Batman never sides with the government it seems. Superman would probably the the Captain America trying to pick a side. The GLs would be on the pro-registration sign with the Flash being on anti-registration.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 01:09 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Nah. Batman would definitely be for superhero registration. To keep track of all the superheroes and make sure they don't do anything bad. He just took an extreme route with Brother Eye....

Superman would likely be in the middle.

GL's would likely be pro due to the nature of their job.

Flash would be either in my opinion.

Wonder Woman would be against any type of restriction of freedom. Batman has no qualms with that.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 01:11 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Pro:
Superman
Cap. Marvel
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Hal Jordan
Atom

Anti:
Batman (he already knows most of them and wouldn't want to reveal his)
Hawkman
Flash
Black Canary
Green Arrow
Zatanna
Elongated Man
Plastic Man

Neutral:
Aquaman
Dr. Fate

I think the whole rape of Sue Dibny would affect alot of the more human level characters. I would think they would feel more vulnerable while the more powerful characters might feel that they could protect their loved ones.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Last edited by TheKahn on Mar 3rd, 2006 at 01:25 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 01:15 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Yeah, i couldn't see Batman being on the Pro side either.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 01:22 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69

Flash would be either in my opinion.

I think flash would be anti, espcially since he got his twins back

green arrow would be pro

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 03:01 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i agree with the flash part... he'd be the last person who wants to reveal his identity imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 03:05 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Didn't Flash get Spectre to erase everyone's memory of his ID?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 03:06 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yep, even his own...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 03:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I can't imagine too many people being Pro. The secret identity thing is pretty big in DC.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 04:29 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think even superman would be against it... remember when ruin found out who his family were? or when the omac attacked lois?

he has an awful lot to protect too...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 04:31 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ion
I can't imagine too many people being Pro. The secret identity thing is pretty big in DC.

Yeah, that would seem to me to be a problem in Marvel too. Its only the plot line of having a tragedy where a lot of bystanders die that would make it even plausible. But given the situation where it is thought that by revealing their identities innocent lives would be saved, then I could see more people being pro.

I could see Superman and others taking up the cause of superhero responsibility and sacrifice by supporting such an act (again given the situation)

And here is some cool "civil war" art I found.
(please log in to view the image)

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Last edited by TheKahn on Mar 3rd, 2006 at 05:06 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 05:04 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Batman would be against it just to piss Clark off!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 06:29 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

How can anyone say that supes would be a Pro? How many people know that Clark Kent is the most powerful person in the universe ? .... i disagree Draco i think Dianna would be in the middle !

smile

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:38 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Some people...

Pro-Registration:
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Captain Marvel

Anti-Registration:
Batman
Flash
Supergirl
Nightwing
Robin
Batgirl
Huntress

Neutral for now:
Superman

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 11:51 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

No way in hell would Green Arrow, THE liberal of comicdom, would ever be for superhero registration. This is a man who has no problem with legalizing polygamy.

Martian Manhunter would be neutral. He's an alien who doesn't follow the Earth's laws anyway.

I think WW would be neutral too. Superman would also be neutral.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 12:41 AM
HaSon

I think you guys should specify which GL would be pro. Theres no way Kyle, a guy who found his girlfriend stuffed in his fridge and what he thought was his mother stuffed in an oven, would be pro-registration. Never mind the fact that it was a product of the government who did those things.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 12:52 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Hal would definitely be pro. He's an ass like that...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 12:55 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

but he gets more ass than a toilet seat! yes

^ just popped in my head....sorry.....

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 01:04 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I agree on Hal being pro. John too just because he's a tool like that. Kyle and Guy would definitely be anti though. Seeing as Alan is Checkmate's White King he'd be pro too.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 01:06 AM