KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Mace Windu versus Count Dooku

Mace Windu versus Count Dooku
Started by: zephiel7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zephiel7

Mace Windu versus Count Dooku

Who wins?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:28 PM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

Could go either way, but I'm handing it to Dooku. As a Jedi, he managed to put Mace on his ass at least once. This Dooku has +13 years of Sith Training.

Mace was not confident he could take Dooku (as of Shatterpoint).

And Dooku "technically" won their fight in When They Were Brothers.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Its been done many times...

Oh hell, its still a good match though. Its too even for me to reach an accurate conclusion, though some people think they have it figured out.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

It could go either way.

It's been looked at a thousand times over.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

Well, Dooku only won because of his bitches. Mace and Dooku were technically tied in dueling skill.

I am going to hand it to Mace, only because he is cooler.

Last edited by zephiel7 on Apr 14th, 2006 at 10:42 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:37 PM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

Indeed it has been done to death, but nonetheless, I still think it would have been one of the coolest fights ever. It could easily swing either way.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:41 PM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zephiel7
Well, Dooku only won because of his bitches. Mace and Dooku were technically tied in dueling skill.

What the hell do you mean Mace is cooler. Dooku is superior to Mace in every way. They are basically tied in duelling skill with the Count having a marginal lead (because of his duelling style) and in force abilties Dooku would pwn because of his knowlede in both the light and dark side.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rampant ox
What the hell do you mean Mace is cooler. Dooku is superior to Mace in every way. They are basically tied in duelling skill with the Count having a marginal lead (because of his duelling style) and in force abilties Dooku would pwn because of his knowlede in both the light and dark side.

Sounding a little bit fanboyish there.

When it comes to Dooku being superior to Mace in dueling skills, that's bullshit.

They're on par, at best.

Force abilities? Yes, Dooku is stronger in the force so he could use the force to disable Mace but I doubt he would do that.

He'd most likely prefer a good battle with Mace.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:51 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by zephiel7

Yeah, Mace would win because he is cooler . . .

confused roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:53 PM
PurpleSaber
Vaapad Master

Sidious is definitely better than Dooku. If Dooku was more powerful than Sidious, he would have overpowered him. That is the way of the Sith. Anyway, Mace bested Sidious. Therefore, it is likely that he would beat Dooku too. I know everyone is gonna complain because of the A>B>C argument blah blah blah, but that's the best I've got.

I'm so proud of myself. I made my own sig! stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:55 PM
Click here to Send PurpleSaber a Private Message Find more posts by PurpleSaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

Well, I would say Dooku is a better swordsman than Sidious, but superior force powers was probably what kept Sidious as the master.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:57 PM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

If Mace bested Sidious how come he got thrown out the window with his arm chopped off?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by PurpleSaber
Sidious is definitely better than Dooku. If Dooku was more powerful than Sidious, he would have overpowered him. That is the way of the Sith. Anyway, Mace bested Sidious. Therefore, it is likely that he would beat Dooku too. I know everyone is gonna complain because of the A>B>C argument blah blah blah, but that's the best I've got.

Dooku didn't attempt to overpower Sidious due to his fear of Sidious. He most likely knew of his plans and didn't wish to mess with him, not to mention his exceeding power. Sidious is ARGUABLY on par with Dooku when it comes to the Force and Dooku is on par at minimum with him when it comes to Lightsaber skills.

And yes, the A>B>C arguments are extremely fallible.

Actually, one could say that because Dooku has bested Mace before, he could school Dooku because Mace owned Sidious as well.

^ See? A>B>C Arguments are worth shit here.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:59 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Mace bested Sidious how come he got thrown out the window with his arm chopped off?

Mace got played out, that's why.

Sidious needed help to kill Mace. That's all there is to it.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:59 PM
Rampant ox

Cant we just all agree that it would be a good fight but eventually the Count would pick up the victory because of his lightsaber style and his knowledge in both sides of the force.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 11:02 PM
PurpleSaber
Vaapad Master

If Anakin hadn't shown up, Sidious would have died. Sidious was on his ass weaponless, while Mace was standing over him with his saber drawn. You tell me who is better.

I'm so proud of myself. I made my own sig! stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 11:03 PM
Click here to Send PurpleSaber a Private Message Find more posts by PurpleSaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by PurpleSaber
If Anakin hadn't shown up, Sidious would have died. Sidious was on his ass weaponless, while Mace was standing over him with his saber drawn. You tell me who is better.

Exactly. Sidious had been defeated. Luckily, his intelligence and persuasion triumphed over Mace's.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 11:04 PM
Rampant ox

But having Anakin help could have been part of Sidious strategy to win. If he could get Anakin to kill an elite member of the jedi council his journey to the dark side would be complete. So Sidious had Mace outsmarted by having Anakin there.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 11:06 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

But having Anakin help could have been part of Sidious strategy to win. If he could get Anakin to kill an elite member of the jedi council his journey to the dark side would be complete. So Sidious had Mace outsmarted by having Anakin there.

Anakin came on his own will. It wasn't Sidious' plan. Mace had beaten Sidious. Sidious then tried to dispose of Mace once again while Anakin was in the room by unleashing a torrent of lightning towards him. Mace blocked it and Sidious had failed again. Then as Sidious was dying from Mace redirecting the Lightning, he managed to look sympathetic enough to leech Anakin to lop off Mace's hand.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 11:10 PM
Rampant ox

Which means he didnt use his duelling or force abilities to win but his knowledge of politics and persuasion. Either way he had the winning strategy.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 11:13 PM