KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » M. Night. to direct?

M. Night. to direct?
Started by: forumcrew

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
forumcrew

M. Night. to direct?

A Good Night for Harry Potter?
Source: Edward Douglas
July 8, 2006

During the press day for Lady in the Water, ComingSoon.net asked writer-director M. Night Shyamalan whether his new studio partner Warner Bros. has tried to convince him to direct one of the last two "Harry Potter" movies. It certainly would be an interesting thing to see a filmmaker mostly known for directing movies from his own scripts to adapt the adventures of one of the most popular literary characters.

"You know, that Harry Potter dance has gone on a long time," he told us. "The problem is that it is a living breathing thing now, all by itself. When it comes over to my camp, it needs to be kind of handed over, adoption papers and everything. That's a tricky move.

"I haven't met with J.K. [Rowling]," he continued. "The first one was offered to me, but that conflicted with 'Unbreakable,' which was unfortunate. I would definitely, but I think probably before that I would adapt a book. I've gotten close a few times to adapting books."

Stay tuned for more with Night as it gets closer to the release of his new movie Lady in the Water, which opens on July 21.

I think this could be really interesting, this would go up there with QT wanting to do a bond movie but producers being worried about how he would do it. I think JK would be worried about m night taking over her stories.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 01:22 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

There's already a thread on this... please use the search engine before you start threads!!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 02:04 AM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Reported......I can't believe i actually did that Happy Dance

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 06:01 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I'm too lazy to find the original thread about this, but I think that would be really cool if M. Night directed a Potter film. I just hope we don't find out that everyone is actually dead by the end of the film.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 06:47 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by d-fly_girl008
There's already a thread on this... please use the search engine before you start threads!!

I couldn't find the other thread on this, could you find it for me because I don't see it. Thanks. stick out tongue

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 07:33 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by d-fly_girl008

been a member here over 3 years i know about the search button. Search for m night shyamalan in harry potter thread it wont find anything.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 09:38 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

The search engines here are sometimes not so good. If someone starts a thread and spells something wrong, or adds "!!!!!!" after a word or something, it can throw everything off. I don't see what the big deal is anyway if someone duplicates a thread, it kinda modernizes it, I think. erm

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 09:59 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

The other thread is "A good night for Harry Potter?"
Look for that.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 02:16 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

COPY CAT I posted this FIRST stick out tongue

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 03:06 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

That's what d-fly is implying....that you posted this first and some1 else posted it after you......he probably didn't see it so he's not a copycat.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 04:38 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Yep. Been made before. By Prince Nauj.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 05:51 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Originally posted by The Phantom
Yep. Been made before. By Prince Nauj.

muah, thanks

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 06:04 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

That's what I said!!! Grr....

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 06:04 PM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

It's nice that you all are eager to tell him it's a duplicate thread, even if you haven't used the one Nauj made yet.

It's like, "Lets throw aside the information, and point out flaws!"

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 12:53 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Barker
It's nice that you all are eager to tell him it's a duplicate thread, even if you haven't used the one Nauj made yet.

I like pointhing those out.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 01:25 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

Originally posted by Barker

He ain't lyin'

Thnx Disturbed Angel!! love

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 02:10 AM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Seeing M. Night do a Harry Potter film would be amazing, I'd say get him for Book Seven. End the series with a bang.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 02:21 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
The search engines here are sometimes not so good. If someone starts a thread and spells something wrong, or adds "!!!!!!" after a word or something, it can throw everything off. I don't see what the big deal is anyway if someone duplicates a thread, it kinda modernizes it, I think. erm

yea thats why people should post threads that are clear, thats exactly why the other thread has 0 posts in it. I think it would be good for him to do the last book, seeing as she is killing off main characters it is obviously going to be pretty dark at times, and m night could handle that well.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 08:08 PM