KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Doom with IG in Illuminati mini-series.

Doom with IG in Illuminati mini-series.
Started by: Endrict Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

Doom with IG in Illuminati mini-series.

This story is going to be huge and kick ass.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/908/908526p1.html

September 8, 2008 - At IGN Comics we're always on the prowl for the latest and greatest art, especially pieces that seem to indicate huge things for future comic book storylines. (Sometimes that isn't always the case, but hey, great art is great art.) This time we have one that seems to answer one of the bigger questions related to Marvel's Illuminati mini-series: What has become of the Infinity Gems?

The Marvel Universe is full of beings possessing overwhelming power, but none of their abilities can stand next to the Infinity Gems and the gauntlet that can unify them. Named Time, Space, Mind, Soul, Reality and Power for the aspects of the universe they can control, these gems have been the source of cosmic power struggles in the past... and now it appears Victor Von Doom might have discovered their hidden locations.

During the New Avengers: Illuminati limited series by Brian Bendis and Jimmy Cheung, the Illuminati gained possession of all six gems. Determined to prevent abuse of the artifacts, each of the members (Charles Xavier, Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Namor and Dr. Strange) was given one of the gems for safekeeping. It looks as though Doom might have found a way to locate the gems, and he now will have the power he has desired for so long.

Marvel sent us this cover, which is done by prolific cover artist Marko Djurdjevic. We don't know what series or storyline this is for, though the presence of the Eternals does lead us to believe this could belong to the current ongoing series. It could be for something much bigger. Time will tell. All we know is this art kicks ass - and we hope the storyline lives up to the cover.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 12:55 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

(please log in to view the image)

Ridiculously awesome.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 12:57 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Does anyone else see the Celestials reflection in Dooms glove??

OH SWEET!!!!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 01:00 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Does anyone else see the Celestials reflection in Dooms glove??

OH SWEET!!!!

But i see Doom also in the reflection....could this be a Doombot with the IG and Doom is trying to get it from it? or is he helping to get it back....who knows confused

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 01:06 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by starlock
But i see Doom also in the reflection....could this be a Doombot with the IG and Doom is trying to get it from it? or is he helping to get it back....who knows confused

Good point..... confused

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 01:11 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I thought LT disabled the IG

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 01:17 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Endless Mike
I thought LT disabled the IG

And each member of the Illuminati have hid the gems, Doom must have found them somehow.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Sep 9th, 2008 at 01:23 PM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 01:19 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Awesome pic.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 01:22 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Looks like a battle just took place, Captain America and Ironman have fallen, Doom looks in trouble.

We know Tony belongs to the Illuminati, and we recently found out that that the 2nd host of Celestial's harbor much hate, by Tiamut own words. With the threat of the Celestials looming, I can see Tony rat out, which leads Doom to hunt for the gems and take on the celestials, eventually becoming power drunk....er again.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 02:16 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Perhaps it's a Doom Skrull/Paralel Universe Doom/Doom from Secret Wars brought back by the Beyonder (since he appeared in New Avengers: Illuminati) or something like that.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 02:20 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Philosophía
Perhaps it's a Doom Skrull/Paralel Universe Doom/Doom from Secret Wars brought back by the Beyonder (since he appeared in New Avengers: Illuminati) or something like that.

A Parellel Universe Skrull brought back by the Beyonder?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 02:24 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Endless Mike
A Parellel Universe Skrull brought back by the Beyonder?

When has a Skrull even been that important for the Beyonder to do that?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 02:26 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

reed possessed the IG during the first illuminati run. so i'm not overly shocked that doom has it this time. meh.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 02:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The Living Tribunal isn't affected by the IG. He could step in and end the story anytime he wanted. Now, if Doom had The Heart Of The Universe...

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 03:10 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

o my, he's gonna rape everyone

and that cover imply a return of steve rogers

Props to Scythe for the sig

Last edited by Lek Kuen on Sep 9th, 2008 at 03:56 PM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 03:53 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 04:20 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skyfather
Bad Ass

Originally posted by Faux Smurph
(please log in to view the image)

Ridiculously awesome.

F*CK YEAH!!

Owning Thor

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 04:31 PM
skyfather is currently offline Click here to Send skyfather a Private Message Find more posts by skyfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Damn, for a moment I thought that was just fan art.

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 04:41 PM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

It will be the SHIT! ****IN' SOOO COOL!

Wish Thanos come back to school Doom!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 05:23 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

i'm still wondering whats with the reflection from the guantlet

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 05:25 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote