KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Inheritance Trilogy

Inheritance Trilogy
Started by: King_Keary

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King_Keary

Laugh Inheritance Trilogy

i love the two books CP has published so far and i hate it when people say he jsut ripped off others peoples stories. i would ahve to say so many movies and books have been published it's hard use someone elses amterial and he admits to using certain things from the pern series specifiaclly the ability to communicate telapathically (if i spelled that right) but people still shouldn't knock it. anyone else feel the way i do sad

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 09:56 PM
King_Keary is currently offline Click here to Send King_Keary a Private Message Find more posts by King_Keary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

Search Function-Its Like Magic

Use It

even thou they got way off topic for two posts this thread has been done

Inherat
ance Trilogy

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 10:17 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

I don't like his books too much. Paolani appears to have published his own first drafts. I'm hoping for a good movie though smile

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 09:50 AM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King_Keary
i love the two books CP has published so far and i hate it when people say he jsut ripped off others peoples stories. i would ahve to say so many movies and books have been published it's hard use someone elses amterial and he admits to using certain things from the pern series specifiaclly the ability to communicate telapathically (if i spelled that right) but people still shouldn't knock it. anyone else feel the way i do sad

Eh? Paolini does copy material. There's a difference between using ideas like the hero's journey (which are employed by Star Wars, the Matrix, the list rolls on) and flat out plaugurising material; which Paolini does.

Seriously, didn't you even get a little suspicious when Eragon was a farmboy? Or when Brom was one of the last members of an ancient order dedicated to maintaing order and justice? Or when the story got so predictable you could just turn on the DVD player and pop in Star Wars: A New Hope and know what the story was?

Paolini is a awful writer and plauguriser who needs to be told that Eragon and Eldest read like crappy fanfiction.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 05:44 PM
Swirly Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

Originally posted by Swirly Girl
Eh? Paolini does copy material. There's a difference between using ideas like the hero's journey (which are employed by Star Wars, the Matrix, the list rolls on) and flat out plaugurising material; which Paolini does.

Seriously, didn't you even get a little suspicious when Eragon was a farmboy? Or when Brom was one of the last members of an ancient order dedicated to maintaing order and justice? Or when the story got so predictable you could just turn on the DVD player and pop in Star Wars: A New Hope and know what the story was?

Paolini is a awful writer and plauguriser who needs to be told that Eragon and Eldest read like crappy fanfiction.
gee, thanks alot! you just ruined the ending for me, because I love star wars, and now I know what happens!! *sticks tounge out*

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 07:20 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Originally posted by Azure
gee, thanks alot! you just ruined the ending for me, because I love star wars, and now I know what happens!! *sticks tounge out*

Oh, damn! Sorry stick out tongue

Just buy the Original Trilogy novelisations. Better books, and you'll instantly know the plot of the Inheritance Trilogy.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 09:51 PM
Swirly Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

[EDIT]

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 01:27 AM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by Swirly Girl

Oooo oooo! I made a thread about that yes Or had made a comment just like that a few months ago confused

[EDIT] It's the latter

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Last edited by Council#13 on Aug 29th, 2006 at 01:49 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 01:40 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fantasygirl

How many goddamn Inheritance Trilogy threads are there? This is like the third thread or so, that I have seen so far. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 02:59 AM
fantasygirl is currently offline Click here to Send fantasygirl a Private Message Find more posts by fantasygirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
babyccino
Fire ... ROCKS

Oh well
I just have to say when writing a fantasy novel its hard not to take some other peoples ideas
Even when u may have never read their book

rock rock on rock

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 12:18 PM
babyccino is currently offline Click here to Send babyccino a Private Message Find more posts by babyccino Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote