KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Beyond!

Beyond!
Started by: inamilist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tsilamini

Beyond!

Looks fairly cool

Features the new Venom and Kraven the hunter anlongside lots of regulars and irregulars

http://www.comicbookresources.com/n...tem.cgi?id=7037

http://www.comicbookresources.com/n...tem.cgi?id=7562

#1 comes out on Wednesday

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 04:30 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Takion

A little too much characters, I might pick it up.

Thank You Scarlet Speed/Flash/Surfer/GL smile

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 04:31 PM
Takion is currently offline Click here to Send Takion a Private Message Find more posts by Takion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Looks ok....

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 04:39 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I'll pick it up.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 08:46 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I like large and varied ensembles, I'll probably check it out at least. Hope it delivers on story because I'm not a Kolins fan. Also wondering why the put Spider-Man in there if it's supposed to be the obscure loser characters. I think they can kind of get away with Pym and Wasp, because as Avengers go, even if they're founders, they haven't been vibrant or popular characters in a long time, if ever, it seems. Even Venom works, because it's the Scorpion-Venom, so there's a new avenue to work with, but meh...maybe it's just me.

Glad to see Gravity, the Hood and Flamebird again.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 09:20 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Yeah, i've been waiting to see some more stuff with Gravity in it.... hope he gets a few more appearances in some other titles too.... or maybe another mini-series

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 09:44 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Spider-Man's titles have gotten too confusing lately with the Other, Iron Spider shit, his apprenticeship to Iron Man, unmasking, etc. but I was thinking maybe Gravity being Spider-Man's apprentice would be kind of neat. Not a sidekick, per se, and not appearing in every issue, but Spider-Man really knows the ropes, a few scenes having him and Gravity patrolling, Spider-Man telling him about the various rogues active at any given time, the best procedures for certain situations, how to deal with the media, etc.

Or if he signs up for the Registration Act, have him be trained by Ms. Marvel or something would be cool.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 03:55 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Sounds like an idea.... how long until he becomes as powerful as Graviton was during his Thunderbolts appearances though?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 02:45 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

We know he has gravity powers, but we know very little about how he got them and the exact nature and extent of them. Spider-Man and the various Spider-Women all have spider based powers, but their exact poweset differs a bit. Though Gravity and Graviton both control the fundamental force, I doubt their powerset will be indentical.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 03:43 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Not yet..... but had a theory that Gravity received his powers at the same time that Graviton imploded back in Thunderbolts

...at least i did.... until Graviton recently showed up in an Iron Man comic... or was it an Avengers comic?.... either way it was never explained how he survived or returned to earth

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 04:05 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

He probably just went back to that universe or wherever he went the first time they thought he died.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 04:35 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
He probably just went back to that universe or wherever he went the first time they thought he died.

That's exactly my point.... how did he get from wherever he went.... to jail?... and sporting a lobotomy scar?

I got the first issue of Beyond yesterday... it's not bad.... seems to be focused around Gravity so far

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 01:59 PM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

just read it.....Poor spidey sad

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: How many times has this guy died? counting alternate realites plus 616?

sig by willRules

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 02:03 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Black Adam
just read it.....Poor spidey sad

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: How many times has this guy died? counting alternate realites plus 616?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'm pretty sure the fact that he died in the first issue means that it's an alternate Spidey ........ or that someone will bring him back

Ever notice that in TV shows and comics, whenever there's a time loop or alternate reality involved the entire cast's chances of dying reach about a 98% probability..... it's such a friggin' cop out

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 02:46 PM
Estacado
Legendary

poor spidey

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Jul 7th, 2006 at 03:00 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 02:49 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

You've been here almost a year and you still have no idea what spoiler tags are, do you?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 02:57 PM
tsilamini

gar

ill put them up again later....

SIGH!

Last edited by tsilamini on Jul 8th, 2006 at 02:31 AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 02:27 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Last edited by tsilamini on Jul 8th, 2006 at 04:30 PM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 04:22 PM
tsilamini

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 04:28 PM
tsilamini

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 04:40 PM