KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » What was Luke expecting Yoda to be?

What was Luke expecting Yoda to be?
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

What was Luke expecting Yoda to be?

Obviously Luke was surprise to find that the great Jedi master that instructed Ben was this little old creature called Yoda. So what was Luke expecting Yoda to look like? A old hermit similar to Ben? What do you think?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 05:00 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Hmmmmm, hard to see that is.

I'm not sure if Luke expected Yoda to be human or not, but as soon as he realised what kind of a planet Dagobah was he probably knew it would have to be someone quite strong and intelligent to survive in such a dangerous planet.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 05:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

At least a large heroic kooking creature thats more than 18' tall.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 06:04 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tom Gon

A massive warrior with loads of battle scars, big muscles, loads of weapons and stuff. Y'know, the Master type thing.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2000 12:41 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

I think Luke was probably expecting a human too. AND somebody a little taller too. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 4th, 2001 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I think Luke, since knowing so little about what really went on during the days of the republic, thought Ben's (errr...OB1's) mentor was a very prominant Jedi Knight. (Nomi Sunrider! smile ) Not really, but someone like that.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2001 09:55 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EwokTurd

I agree

You have to think about how much Luke acually knew about the Jedi. The only one's he had ever me or known of, so we think, are human. His reaction to the small green elf calling himself a Jedi Master is proof enough that he wasn't at all expecting what he got. I think he was looking for a hermit like Ben, or at least someone taller thatn his kneecaps.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2001 11:07 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

Re: I agree

I forgot we were talking about Yoda, not Ben *smacks forehead*

quote:
the small green elf calling himself a Jedi Master

eek! eek! eek! eek! How dare you call Yoda an elf.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2001 11:09 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EwokTurd

I withdraw that last statement

I didn't mean to offend anyone by the elf thing. I was trying to be funny. Please frogive my disrespect.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2001 05:10 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Re: I withdraw that last statement

he probably expected a human

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 09:46 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think so too. Like was full of massive misconceptions about life. Even after two years with the alliance there was a hell of a lot of the brash youth still in evidence, even if he had progressed within the racks of the rebellion.

This was a lot of Yoda's arguements for not training him but, in the end, he was still basically a kid with kids values and expectations.

I think he expected a powerful warrior, large of stature and bold as well.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

Unfortunately I believe that it is standard human behaviour to expect that to be a superior being it would have to be human. The thought of him being a different specis would never have crossed his mind.As well as anything it has to be taken into account the different species that in his life he had so far encountered none of which would he likly to surmise to be likely to be the great Jedi master that he dreamed of. Oh and your right probably taller

Old Post Mar 16th, 2001 07:23 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And with a beard. Beardiness appears to be a common Jedi status symbol.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

Ah but would Luke be aware of this fact, after all I sincerely doubt that he could ever muster facial hair. Not without a great deal of effort and perhaps Jedi training...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 04:30 AM